33.33%
lakers
66.67%
warriors
0%
other
0%
Total: 100% 3 vote(s)
(Jul. 06, 2015  10:25 PM)LMAO Wrote: Don't forget Ginobili possibly resigning with them, and not retiring.

Spurs will win next year lol watch.
Yeah but he's going to be a bench player as always so he'll make the bench as strong as ever.
Hey Kuji, Wesley Johnson's out to LAC. Whatcha think?

Also, Mo William's back in Cleveland, Lee to Boston for Gerald Wallace.
(Jul. 08, 2015  12:16 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Hey Kuji, Wesley Johnson's out to LAC. Whatcha think?

Also, Mo William's back in Cleveland, Lee to Boston for Gerald Wallace.

I pray Johnson stays a bust. He had so much potential but he's a bit of an airhead imo. Jordan resigns with the Clippers... Nobody saw that coming [insert emoji spam].

Spurs are now stacked beyond belief.

I have the Lakers (in line with what Clarkson said) surprising people. I'm holding out for the 8th seed. I think Randle, Clarkson and Russell are gonna be amazing, so I raise my glass to that [emoji]

I'm still snickering over the twitter exchange as you can probably tell, hahaha.
Also hope Roy Hibbert is better than Jordan Hill, as well...

And how about Jordan turning around and picking LAC on signing day? Talk about backstabbing backfire for Mark Cuban! Probably should've kept his mouth shut.
Roy Hibbert should be good. When you consider our potential lineup of Russell, Clarkson, Kobe, Randle, Hibbert, it's a decent one. Throw in Lou, Nick and Bass off the bench and we're decent. I am really looking forward to the Russell-Clarkson synergy. Randle has been a beast from all the interviews we've had, so it'll be cool to see him go at it. Hibbert and Randle seem to fit mentally, Hibbert can't rebound but alters shots and protects the rim. Randle can't play defense that well but rebounds like a madman. Might work out great?

I like how we look currently. We just need to have the young guns perform..

Karma Mark Cuban. CP3 should've been a Laker.
I like the Mavs, and I love watching Dirk Nowitzki, but Mark Cuban is a pain to listen to.

Stoudemire's going to Miami. That'll help Dallas. What's Amare gonna do to start with Bosh, Whiteside, and Andersen at backup? Yes, he's better than Josh McRoberts, but still. 3 quality guys to edge out.
Summer League is underway.

Clarkson is playing right. Russell is having the jitters, and Randle is just not performing. We're doing decent, but 1-2 isn't the way to get our hopes up. Seth Curry looks to make his mark with NOLA, and he has a solid shot of making the rotation as a scoring burst off the bench imo. Muiday showed why he's a matured player with 19 and 11. I like his composure and his mentality. Lots of people are showing up for the SL. Here's to the Lakers getting our act together. *raises glass of coffee*
Kristaps Porzingis is already developing offensively. That wing 2-pt floater is beautiful, but he need to practice free throws. He's not bad, but inconsistent.

Otherwise, everything else is coming naturally. 12 pts, 3 reb, 2 blk in debut win against Spurs, 9 pts against a terrible LAL performance (Sorry kuji, but when you score 5 pts in a quarter, commit 20 turnovers, shoot 32%, AND get booed at a Summer League game, thats bad. Very bad).

But the biggest one for Porzingis was last night. He blocked Jahlil Okafor to save the OT win against the 76ers. Nice.

Kuji, Whatcha have to say about your Lakers, and what about Porzingis's play through 3 games? 10 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 2.0 bpg, 4 TO, 60% FG% are his stats.
Endless crying over LAL right now. Give me a minute I need some charmin. In all seriousness we need to get our act together. Like you said, first quarter vs NY was pure nonsense. I really can't say much, Russell needs to calm down and take control. He's making the right passes, but the other guys aren't ready for them. Slowing down the game in his head a bit more so he cuts down on the reckless turnovers would help him tremendously too. Overall he just needs to grow into the league a bit more. Randle needs to find his stride and just get back into his rhythm. The big guy is off and it shows. He gets the ball and practically loses his head. Some flashes of what he worked on this summer in that quick first step, but it needs to be more consistent. He needs to dominate the other PFs in the SL.

Porzingis is going to be good in the league. Knicks need to give him some room to settle in, and he'll show what he's made of. The guy can ball, period.

Saw this after I posted: https://www.facebook.com/BasketballAbove...40/?type=1

Pretty relevant, and quite true, sadly.
Awww, it'll be okie Kuji... *hugs and pats your back* If anything, you can go to the Clippers, or I'll gladly accept you into Mavs nation...

But yeah, Porzingis is putting an effort in the Summer league, and thats what you need in the NBA. I think he'll do well as a stretch 4 for now. Let him develop his defensive game in practice before throwing him under the rim. Nowitzki is tall, yet plays PF because he's more comfortable there. If he plays in the regular season, play him at PF first.
I hate the Clippers with a burning passion because of that vetoed CP3 trade, haha. I'm somewhat rooting for the Thunder now, mostly because of the Westbrook-Durant duo.

I can't believe we lost 88-86 to the Mavs... Like, those two turnovers in the last 2 minutes by Clarkson and Russell... Sigh...
I saw coverage of it. Damn, Kuji, you should just shield your eyes at this point...

I don't like Westbrook, he's a bit of a jerk. I like Durant though.

I'm with the Mavs cause of Dirk, mainly. He's my favorite player, Klay Thompson 2nd and Igoudala 3rd. He always seems to say and do the right things when media's on him.

Anyways, Porzingis hit a wall with a loss to Golden State yesterday, and understandably. The Warriors rock, even in the summer league. Still, 12 pts, 4 reb, 5 for 6 from the line, and 2 steals. The media mentioned he was getting worn out with his good play, and it's understandable. pushing himself to good performances for 4 games will work ya out.
Lakers fan through hell and back. I'll stick through.

Westbrook has that fire similar to Kobe n Jordan imo. I understand how you find him to be a bit of of a jerk though.

Dirk and Duncan are players who I have massive respect for. Definition of loyalty and a beautiful game. Dirk's fadeaway is beautiful.

I have hope for the Pels this year. AD looks like he's going to be beast this season, and I'm excited.

Agreed with what you said regarding Porzingis, he's tiring out. But like all the rooks give them a season. On that note, if you had to pick bewteen Lavine or Clarkson, who would you take?
Kuji, no offense, but you're telling me to choose between a guy I never heard of prior to this season, and last year's dunk champion...

But it isn't just LaVine's dunking that puts him over Clarkson to me. He has a nice all around game, and although he may not contribute a lot stat-wise, he plays well to help his teammates get it. They're also a more functional unit to me.

Concerning the Brow, I expect to see a lot from him next season as well. He helped the Pelicans to the playoffs (a 1st round elim, but a playoffs nonetheless) and with the right players, he can do it again.

Also, how about another selfish face, Josh Smith going to LAC because he "chooses winning". How is Houston not a winning team? They made it to the conference finals (further than LAC). Yes, they lost both games to LAc in the regular season, but where it really counts, LAC crumbled. Houston stood tall.
Clarkson was on the all-rookie first team. LaVine wasn't.

I understand how you feel incredulous, but when you look at Clarkson's game, he's a better slasher and distributor than LaVine imo, and almost as good a shooter. I get what you're pointing out, but there's no need to degrade Clarkson that far, him and LaVine are relatively on par.
Sorry about that. As I've stated before, if he's from LAL, I don't know much about them...

Not a lot going on now recently signing wise. Looks like it's slowed down a bit.

Also, In an article I found, this analyst named his 5 best and worst players of the summer league so far. FA indicates current free agent. other letters are team.

Best (from 1 to 5): Seth Curry, FA (Steph's brother), Kyle Anderson, SA, Jordan Clarkson, LAL, Doug McDermott, CHI, Jabari Brown, LAL

Worst (from 1 to 5): D'Angelo Russell, LAL, Jahlil Okafor, PHI, Emmanual Mudiay, DEN, Julius Randle, LAL, Zach LaVine, MIN (they noted his 22 ppg as good and 32% fg% as horrible).
So Kuji, Ty Lawson and a 2nd round pick to Houston, 4 players and a lottery pick to Denver.

Oddsmakers from a different place (not Las Vegas) have Houston tied at 4-1 odds with San Antonio to Win the title. Cleveland still favored at 5-2. Whatcha think?
Rockets got a sick deal. Lawson will be beast if he gets his stuff together, and houston looks scary on paper. I don't think they're on par with San Antonio tho. SA is stacked as heck.

Early prediction is SA champs. Houston exit in 2nd round. Cleveland makes finals again (cuz bron. I hate him, but cuz bron).
Bron can carry a team with 30 and 10 a night most times. It ought be fun to see.

In other news, James Jones resigned to Cleveland, Rakeem Christmas to Indiana, Chris Copeland to Milwaukee. Tyler Hansbrough is coming back to the Carolinas, SETH Curry to Sacramento. Very interesting moves. I think Milwaukee has what it takes to get home court this season. A lot of good pieces...
Can I revive this? I mean, it's a new season, and I'd kind of like to hear what other people think so far...
Crying over Russell right now.

Detroit is doing great. Curry is lighting people up, as always. Westbrook and Durant are beasting. The Magic are surprising. The Jazz are stifling on defence. PG is back quite well. Idk it's been as expected. I'm just sad about me Lakers.
Former NBA fan (2005-2009) though the time of the players then was pretty eh, I only know the names of the players because of the NBA games released at the time and even then I found them to be uninteresting but watching the sport. I was mildly interested and ya know, looking back...The 90s was a better time to be in the NBA (Not because of Shaq, but better opportunities afterwards, and NOT because of Shaq) though hey, the time I seen the scene was again, mildly entertaining.
Phil looking like a genius right now with the highlight reel Kristap Porziņģis, or as he should really be known Put-back-dunks-zingis.

While the Lakers make Whiteside look like a superstar.
It's not that we have THAT bad of a roster tbh. Right now it's that we have a really, really bad coach imo.

@[DefStamina88] thoughts?
(incoming long and elaborate response. condense as need be)

Well Kujikato, I always thought you guys had problems for a while. Yes, Byron Scott is certainly not a genius, but the collision of ego on that squad is higher than anybody else, even Houston. We already know Kobe wants to shoot his way out of his funk right now. Russell has not been a productive man. Roy Hibbert has barely helped since the trade. Nick Young also has a big head on him sometimes.

All of these factors result in a completely dysfunctional Lakers team. We saw it against the Heat. With Lakers players forward, Deng came up the floor, Bass covering. Bass switched assuming Randle would cover. Randle assumed Young had him, leading to an open basket as Young followed Randle. Sorry Kuji, but it's not good. God, maybe even worse than Huertas's shot.

On the topic of Porzingis, I agree with the reporters: Dump Anthony off and build around Porzingis. I thought Porzingis would actually do pretty well in the season My minimum was 8 points, 8 rebounds. He delivered. 10 Games, he's already the youngest player with 15 Rebounds in a game, He leads the team in RPG, and has 4 double-doubles. He's 19. The thing i don't agree with is dumping Anthony in Chicago. Unless Rose is traded away, chemistry will be worse than LAL's with Rose and Anthony.
Yes the Lakers don't have a good coaching staff, but in my opinion their main problem is Kobe. What type of shots is he taking now? They have some solid rookies, but to take advantage of them they have to get rid of Kobe.

Prozingiz is my favorite rookie after Kelly Oubre Jr (biased) because he wasn't expected to be good and he's making Paul Pierce like buzzer beaters as a big man (.1 sec too late lol). He's making threes which I found really surprising, but he's a very good well rounded player.

Who do you guys think is the best player? Oh what that's a rhetorical question, it's Curry. He's showing his consistency in scoring high points and the way he's playing he'll get MVP again. The Warriors haven't played a very hard team besides the Clippers, but they still seem like they can bust any team right now.

Wizards are disappointing me right now. We have to win tonight's game against the Magic.