33.33%
lakers
66.67%
warriors
0%
other
0%
Total: 100% 3 vote(s)
So Cleveland's been quiet. Their football team has been louder this year on the news it seems. They're 24-9, but beat Washington only by 6. Knicks beat the Heat, but i want more of Porzingis. Anthony is starting to take over the team again.

So Philly's up to win #4. moving up in the world. Could they pass Brooklyn in the east? Maybe.

I never thought GS would get 75-9. but I'm confirming it. Injuries are cropping up, but still nice to see Thompson carry the load while Curry's gone.
So let's talk all stars. Here're my predicted starting lineups:

East:
PG) Kyrie (I hope John gets back, but it's not looking like it) 271 K Votes
SG) D Wade (He's too far ahead for Butler to challenge him and people want him to be with LeBron again.) 562 K Votes
SF) LeBron (Why even vote?) 636 K Votes
PF) PG-13 (He's been dominant and the fans see his MVP performance) 457 K Votes
C) Drumond (He's been soaring as a rebounder and these days Centers don't do much else besides rebound and take in those close range shots. Gasol and Bosh aren't far behind.) 261K Votes

West:
PG) Curry (Defending Champ and MVP. How could he not be a starter?) 925 K Votes
SG) Russ (He was too good last year and the fans want a show. Westbrook will bring it if he gets the start which is likely because he's already holding an All Star MVP in his hands. His only challengers are CP3 and fellow Splash Brother Klay. The Beard better start sprinting.) 479 K Votes
SF) Kobe (The All Stars have been played by this man for many years. He may not be the best, but everyone wants to see his face one last time.) 1.2 M votes
PF) Draymond Green (Have you seen the triple double machine lately? Durant may be leading, but Green will be getting a ton of votes. Kwhai Leonard and the Brow are always there of course.) 300 K Votes
C) Blake Griffin (Blake has been great, and despite the injuries, he is always an explosive playe. Even if he plays center, he'll be dominant. Tim Duncan is a great back up as well and Davis might come play out) 298 K Votes
My predictions are this

East: Wade, Butler, Anthony, George, James

West: Curry, Westbrook, Bryant, Durant, Leonard

I think if the NBA wants to give the people what they want, the small game will be the lineups. James and perhaps Leonard/Durant at 5. Very quick paced and exciting with a lot of scoring.

Man, I really hope they allow the lineups to be small so I can see how angry Charles Barkley gets.
Haha Chuck would flip. I love small ball lineups. Much more exciting than having a slow center (Dwight) in the game.
So glad to see this thread! Other than beyblade im a huge NBA fan. Been warriors fan since david lee was the star player back in 2010 man! My Favorite player is andrew bogut. I hate lebron james with a passion. And i hate cleveland, the fakest team in the nba, sorry not sorry.
(Jan. 14, 2016  2:48 PM)VulcanHoruseous Wrote: So glad to see this thread! Other than beyblade im a huge NBA fan. Been warriors fan since david lee was the star player back in 2010 man! My Favorite player is andrew bogut. I hate lebron james with a passion. And i hate cleveland, the fakest team in the nba, sorry not sorry.
Well I mean I really can't hate LeBron. He's too cool of a guy lol.

Warriors lost last night in a close one. Draymond resting really got to them. Wiz beat the Bucks and now have 3 straight. A good momentum booster would be to beat our rivals, the Pacers.
(Jan. 14, 2016  11:16 PM)RagerBlade Wrote:
(Jan. 14, 2016  2:48 PM)VulcanHoruseous Wrote: So glad to see this thread! Other than beyblade im a huge NBA fan. Been warriors fan since david lee was the star player back in 2010 man! My Favorite player is andrew bogut. I hate lebron james with a passion. And i hate cleveland, the fakest team in the nba, sorry not sorry.
Well I mean I really can't hate LeBron. He's too cool of a guy lol.

Warriors lost last night in a close one. Draymond resting really got to them. Wiz beat the Bucks and now have 3 straight. A good momentum booster would be to beat our rivals, the Pacers.

Yeah they lost to the nuggets, they dont care at this point in the season. That lost made them 37-3.. the only team in the nba with that kind of record. But idk my dislike for lebron started a few years ago when he was in Miami. Yeah Draymond is a key player. And youre a wiz fan bro?
Yup me and my man @[Desire] are huge Wizards fans. Best team in the league. No one can say we're bandwagon.
I was Dallas a long time, then Cuban took things the wrong way IMO, so I switched to GS during the 13-14 season.

Washington beat Indy pretty much by Wall carrying the load most of the first half. He really seems to be the only one producing the most in games. Beal has done stuff, but he's been inconsistent. Gortat can only do so much. Porter Jr. and Nene will have to do more when they play. Next game is Boston.
It was a great game. I got courtside seats to it. My first courtside seats ever. I loved it. If we can beat Boston today we're back in the playoffs and everybody after that is pretty close. So we can climb. Boston has blown us out twice though. We gotta get a good start or we'll fall.
(Jan. 16, 2016  3:28 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: It was a great game. I got courtside seats to it. My first courtside seats ever. I loved it. If we can beat Boston today we're back in the playoffs and everybody after that is pretty close. So we can climb. Boston has blown us out twice though. We gotta get a good start or we'll fall.

The wizards are pretty cool. I like them, I guess my favorite team in the east is the bucks though they are a really well rounded team. But I guess my favorite wiz is Nene. I really like his all around style. He might not put up big numbers but he's a team player. Helps out alot. But yea I have so many people assume I'm bandwagon when I'm reality I've been a warriors fan since before Stephen curry was ever a big name.
*Sigh* Tough loss to the Celtics. They're just a team that we haven't figured out. We have a 5 game homestand so hopefully we can win most of them and get our playoff spot back. Fairly easy teams to beat besides the Heat, but than again, we lost to the Lakers.

EDIT: And forgot to mention the Warrior's lost and 76ers won in the same day.
Sorry for DP, but Cavs Warriors coming up in a few. I'm going with the Cavs on this one. Warriors have lost about 2 of their last 3 I believe? They've lost to some easy teams, and the Cavs have been very good lately. However it was the Spurs who beat them. Let's see how the Warriors do against them.
So Warriors put up another blowout game. I really think after that win over the Cavs theyre hungry af now lol. Curry i dont think he trying rn, and like Draymond 1 off another triple double, like the starters had all double digit points and their bench is putting up good points. Tbh im seeing a repeat. Im betting they get 8-9 loses this season. Max 10
I say 64-18 at the end. Not breaking the record. Still, to see Cleveland has the only game keeping GS under 100 points this season is worrying. It means to beat GS, you have to score a lot, which is a lot to ask for.

This season is either Golden State's or San Antonio's. The East is no challenge unless it's amongst themselves.
I think the Warriors could break the record, but they have to step it up just a tiny bit. Curry really is just trying until the team has a lead. Than he just starts pulling up from the logo haha. So many Warriors bandwagons have showed up. It really is annoying. Hopefully Wiz pull out a win against them. That would make my year.
So aside from putting Butler over Lowry, I was right in all-star predictions. Draymond Green snubbed just like expected due to Kobe.

Porzingis is 3rd in bigmen left in All-Star reserve voting. Could he be the lone rookie in the All-Star game? I hope he makes it.
I hope Porzingis, Butler, Draymond, and my boy Wall make it. They all have been so underrated. Cavs are getting crushed by the Bulls right now haha.
So Golden State just swamped the Spurs by 30, who only didn't have Duncan. It's one thing if it's Tim, Tony AND Manu, but just Tim? Bad signs for the rest of the league. The only thing stopping Curry and the Warriors is themselves. They get laxed, and things will happen. I changed my prediction to 67-15 for the final record. Mavs oughta be interesting to see as their next victim--I mean, opponent.
GG Washyton boys. Here's GSW coming to town. You're gonna need more than Wall and Gortat to win this game.

EDIT: Close one for the most part, but GS with the W. Wall with 41 and he still gets overshadowed by Curry, who had 51 and tied is career high in 3-pointers made in a game. Green also with a triple-double. 45-4 now. 73 wins looking more and more likely with each win...
All Star weekend was lit. Klay upset Curry and than LaVine and Gordon went through the best dunk contest I've seen in my life (live). Throught the leg free throw line dunk! Just pure crazy. PG-13 went on fire from downtown and scored 41 but the West still one thanks to Westbrook's 31. I liked how Pop put like everyone on PG so he couldn't break the record. John scored 22 which was second most on East (Wall>Lowry). Loved it all.

Trades coming up. Wiz need to try to get someone and get rid of some dead bodies on the bench preferably. Maybe try at Trey Burke as a solid backup or maybe take a run at Dwight? That would blow KD2DC though. Just excited to see what happens. Maybe GSW will have some new challenges in the final part of the season?
So the trade deadline wasn't too exiting in my opinion. The Bulls lost Hinrick to the Hawks. Clippers got rid of Lance Stephenson for Jeff Green. Looks like summer free agency will be the big difference maker.
Yup, but the Wizards got Markieef Morris for Humphries, Blair and a pick. He seems like a good addition to the team. Overall it wasn't that exciting. As for free agency, unless the Wizards make the playoffs our KD2DC chants are useless.
(Feb. 19, 2016  1:18 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: Yup, but the Wizards got Markieef Morris for Humphries, Blair and a pick. He seems like a good addition to the team. Overall it wasn't that exciting. As for free agency, unless the Wizards make the playoffs our KD2DC chants are useless.

I don't think KD will end up in DC (Westbrook Vs Wall in terms of guards). Personally I think he'll stay put. But who knows he could be a hometown hero. Looking forward to free agency as long has the Bulls Pick up a Wing I'm a happy camper!
The biggest rumor with KD is GS in the offseason.

Overall, probably the quietest trade deadline day I've ever seen. Big names stayed due to unappeal. Nobody wants Howard for 30m/yr, which is what he wants.

Did surprise me to see Verajao shipped out of Cleveland to Portland in that 3-way deal for Frye. However I think he'll do well in Portland. Maybe even start over Plumlee and Kaman. Also, it surely means Thompson will be long-term starting Center for them (unless Mozgov hits the mix).

Markieff to Washington is a steal by trading Blair and Humphries, but both sides benefit. Washington with a big name starter at the 4 slot, Phoenix with more options at 4.

Hinrich to Atlanta surprised me. Detroit won big as Motiejunas is a great replacement for the Ilyasova trade earlier, as will be Tobias Harris. Memphis lost in the Green-Stephenson exchange with LAC, but they made it up somewhat with Hairston and Andersen. Lee to CHA does hurt though.

Persoally I don't think any team is gonna get better results with the changes aside from Detroit. I see them locking up a playoff spot.