My trip to MEGA Brands

(Aug. 07, 2009  1:04 PM)Spinster Wrote: Considering the corporate headquarters is in Montreal, Canada... my guess would be never.

Bakugan Battle Brawlers is a concept bought from a man in New York, by Toronto-based Spin Master toys who then employed Nelvana Limited to develop a series based upon it, that series just so happens to be animated in Japan, and be in anime styling.
(Aug. 11, 2009  4:17 PM)To Wrote: Bakugan Battle Brawlers is a concept bought from a man in New York, by Toronto-based Spin Master toys who then employed Nelvana Limited to develop a series based upon it, that series just so happens to be animated in Japan, and be in anime styling.

And it's awful.

I'd rather have no anime, than a bad one. If a toy succeeds because of an anime series, it's going to fizzle out when the series ends. If it succeeds on its own, I think it stands a way better chance of continuing popularity for an extended period of time. A bad anime series is also just going to give people more fuel to bash on it.

I hope they spend more time on developing and marketing the toy itself and don't bother with an anime series. Unless they have some AMAZING new plot line that is going to make a battling spinning top game seem like a completely original idea.

That's all my opinion though. I guess most kids don't care how bad an anime series is, as long as it's full of soft-core violence and battling monsters.
(Aug. 11, 2009  3:18 PM)Minion Wrote: Yeah, what is that blue/pink one? The pic next to it looks like Rhino, but those colours don't look anything like the picture...

I believe it's just a prototype Rhino.
has anyone at your workplace, mabeye hinted an anime fot battle strikers, of some sort?
You know what I miss? Western cartoons. I'm so sick and tired of everything on Saturday morning television having gigantic eyes and huge cartoon water drops next to their faces.
You're not being very super-kawaii desu!** I hope you know...
(Aug. 12, 2009  1:02 AM)firekid115 Wrote: has anyone at your workplace, mabeye hinted an anime fot battle strikers, of some sort?

No. We'd like to focus on providing continuous promotional events and organized play rather than investing into a cartoon that will only provide a burst of promotion. We want a long line, not a fad.

(Aug. 12, 2009  1:06 AM)Spinster Wrote: You know what I miss? Western cartoons. I'm so sick and tired of everything on Saturday morning television having gigantic eyes and huge cartoon water drops next to their faces.

^___^;;;;;;;;;
are you guys still giving out samples?

i was also just on the website for this, viewing the currently realsed products, and up close, they look very original and just plain awesome, its also the names that i like, the names are badass.

its also pretty cool how each striker has that one thing (i dont know what its called) that kinda looks like the AR has something that corrosponds with its name (like how ninjutsu hsa the shurkiens, and how that tsunami one has the waves,) it all just looks pretty neat.

they should really start hosting competitive tourneys for this sometime.

EDIT: nvm, i just saw the samples topic.
There is lots of tournaments and OP planned for next year afaik

Also, those parts are called the Weapon and Armor. Unfortunately, I don't think samples are still being sent out.
so, im guessing weapons are the top, and the armour is the bottom?
sorry if im like being super annyoing or anything,

but isnt there like 6 parts to a striker?
Medallion, Core, Weapon, Armor, Tip, and Lock
(Aug. 12, 2009  1:06 AM)Spinster Wrote: You know what I miss? Western cartoons. I'm so sick and tired of everything on Saturday morning television having gigantic eyes and huge cartoon water drops next to their faces.
I miss Saturday morning children's blocks. Only 1 of the Major US networks has a block that still is fed with new content. And that block is in trouble.