My Little Pony

(Dec. 28, 2015  9:56 PM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Dec. 28, 2015  5:02 AM)RDF3 Wrote: I don't really like the classics, but I cannot make sense of the reason.

Generation differences is usually a normal factor in some distastes for something prior and post it. That and the newer one has a lot more common sense and less wacky obscurity by its side.

read: the original was stupid but quirky
Anyway, changing topics, who's your favorite voice actor among the cast? I favored John de Lancie, and when I found out he's in the new Starcraft II game (he's that troll of a Tal'darim highlord, Alarak) I nearly squeed in excitement.

The original feels a lot less....well.....fitting for me. FiM's designs were still cartoonish but nowhere close to G3's level. Still only opinion though.
I think it's kind of funny how many characters Tabitha St. Germain voices:

[Image: 3493956.jpg]

John de Lancie is a great guy, both for his work in the show and for just being hilarious in person. Rebecca Shoichet might be my favorite voice actor, because she does both Twilight's singing voice and her own role as Sunset Shimmer.
That's a little to much of the same voice actor for the sane show, lol

Though he ain't no Jim Cummings so its not all that bad.
They almost look all the same, to be honest.
(Dec. 30, 2015  8:45 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: They almost look all the same, to be honest.

"ok, you get to voice all the purple-ish characters"
Granny Smith, Derpy Hooves, and (personal favorite) Princess Luna don't seem to be that purple to me to be honest. Luna is more like navy (very dark blue, almost black). So do a bunch of other characters.

Speaking of Princess Luna, while Luna gets the chance to show off her absolutely immense power every once in a while (vaporizing monsters in nightmares, etc) Celestia never seems to get the chance. At least, not without getting her pure white, crowned flank kicked. I wonder if I should be looking forward to an episode that showcases what she can really do if given the chance, really angry, or both.
Celestia's trickster mentor tendencies can be annoying to be blunt about it. While it is sometimes endearing to watch and can even be funny, sometimes she unneccesarily extends/exacerbates/creates new problems by doing so. Case in point: Crystal Empire *COUGH*.

And sooooo, did anyone catch the Celestia x Discord moment at the season 4 finale? *naughty, all-knowing-one smile*

I read from Tvtropes that during the Equestrian Games, Twilight, having been crowned princess, gets an assigned seat away from her friends , and from her wistful look down to her friends, she clearly doesn't enjoy it. While I think that sucks, couldn't she have just, y'know, ASKED to just be down there with them? It's like no one's out there to kill Twilight like a fanfic i read. Speaking of fanfics, try to look up The Great Alicorn Hunt, it's a nice one.

Sorry if I sound cloud-cuckoo and off-focus like Pinkie Pie, haha.
Double post but I didn't want to make this thread dead, there is some credence to this.

Apparently, in Season 6 we get to see Shining Armor and Cadance's foal (her name is Flurry Heart). While I hate to spoil the FBI-Level surprise (hyperbole) if you want it anyway, watch this.
And please, no flame wars. I get ticked off pretty quickly with those.
Guys, I hate triple posting but has anyone seen the new season of My Little Pony yet (Season 6 to be precise)? I think they're up to another good one.
Yeah, I watched the season opener yesterday, and was going to post about it Grin

I'm still wondering how deeply Starlight will be mixed in with the usual main cast... shoehorning her in as a "seventh Mane Six" seems out of place, but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing her interact with the cast some more.

Also, I love Sunburst's character design. It's very unique, especially since most of the other magically talented characters have just been foils for Twilight.
(Nov. 03, 2011  11:56 PM)Hitsugiya Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2011  11:24 PM)Ultimatefry Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2011  11:07 PM)hitsugiya Wrote: Sweetie Belle Derelle is my hero!

Then never read Sweet Apple Massacre! Grin

Also, I'm workin' on a fic mahself, based on MLP and to the tune of Edgar Allen Poe.
I know most everyone has read cupcakes. As a matter of fact cupcakes (the fan fic) actually got me into MLP: FIM! I know weird isn't it?
my friend read cupcakes, she says its some mlp horror book. is it?
(Apr. 01, 2016  3:20 AM)valkyrie25 Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2011  11:56 PM)Hitsugiya Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2011  11:24 PM)Ultimatefry Wrote: Then never read Sweet Apple Massacre! Grin

Also, I'm workin' on a fic mahself, based on MLP and to the tune of Edgar Allen Poe.
I know most everyone has read cupcakes. As a matter of fact cupcakes (the fan fic) actually got me into MLP: FIM! I know weird isn't it?
my friend read cupcakes, she says its some mlp horror book. is it?

It's a fan fiction story with a seriously disturbing premise and exceedingly gory/dark/graphic content. To summarize without going into too much detail: There are no cupcakes, and Pinkie Pie is a homicidal maniac.

It's probably not something you want to read, unless you're into creepypasta or horror stories to begin with.
Cupcakes is extremely disturbing, not for those with a weak heart. Another fanfic with similarly disturbing premise is "Rainbow Factory."

"A Light in the Darkness" based on cupcakes is actually heartwarming though. And for fanfics The Great Alicorn Hunt is a personal favorite of mine.

So thinking about it, there are five alicorns in the show now. That's quite a lot.
Excuse me for the bump, but at times I'm the only one here.

Now that Starlight is redeemed and becoming Twilight's students, does anyone get the feeling she might be the next alicorn? I mean, she went quite a long way from a jerk to a nice gal (though obviously she still has a long way to go).

Looks like Princess Ember is getting more and more popular everyday though.
Met someone named "PON3" at a kongregate website. Just to know that it was a reference to DJ Pony? or vinylscratchdjpony? he/she was a cool person. really likes music.
I just bought the Ipad game for My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and I must say- it's pretty addictive for me. Too bad those ponies are expensive though. I need to collect 430 gems to get Princess Celestia to Ponyville, and after that another 150 for Soarin'. Urgh, 580 for two of my favorite ponies! I'm going to have some grinding to do.

That being said, the only problem I had with this game was that it looks like they used g-mod to model the ponies. Otherwise, it's pretty much good.