[Mumbai, India]Diwali Beyblast 2: Metal Mania (10/11/12)

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Hey Mumbai Bladers!!
It's been a year since your first tournament, Diwali Beyblast. The festival of lights is also approaching. Want to make this Diwali special? Let's do it with another tournament,
Diwali Beyblast 2: Metal Mania
[Image: Untitled-9copy2.png]

Now, for the details:

Venue: It will be on the same place as last time, Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali East.

Date and Time: 10th November 2012. Since the date is 10-11-12, the event will also start at 10:11:12. So, make sure to reach the venue by 10 a.m.

Format: As the name suggests, it is a HMS+MFB+Zero-G tournament. The rounds will be done in Round Robin format. But, if we get more participants, we will go for Round Robin Block format to save time.
Dont have HMS? Dont worry, I can always lend you some for battles so you can attend all the 3 events.

Fees:The one time entry fee is $5 and $10 for passport. However, since it is 3 tournaments in 1, the regular entry fee will be $15 for all three events combined. So, it is better if you purchase passports for this event. The price for passport according to current rate is approximately INR 560 . To purchase a blader's passport, you have to give the money to the host on the day of the tournament.

Prizes: To be decided

Things you must know before coming to the event:
1.Make sure you read the rules well before coming to the event to avoid confusions.
2. Make sure that all your parts are legal. If a part is found to be illegal, you will not be allowed to use it and if you still use it, your matches will not be processed.
All beyblades released by Hasbro(or Funskool), Takara Tomy and SonoKong are legal.
3. Listen to the judge and the host. Co-operation is important in such an event.
4. Keep some eatables and a bottle of water with you at the event.
5. If you have any questions regarding the fees, read the help section. The fees will be used for getting beys for giveaways and contests.
6. If you have any questions about the event, feel free to PM me.

Judges: NitroNeo and Janstarblast will be judging the event along with me. nik1392 will also be judging if he can make it.

Enough of talking from my side, now for the participants:

Confirmed participants:
adityamatha
ashton pinto
christophermk
divya123
Janstarblast
N0body
NitroNeo
pranzdiv123
samkul238
sharven12
zeneo

Unconfirmed
GalaxyHart
nik1392
dylon blader

In order to help with the Beychannel Revitalization Project, it is better if you carry cameras with you. This way, we can submit a footage from our tournament to the BeyChannel.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

I wish I could cme but I can't come I cryyy
Well, my classes have been cancelled (well, that's the news until now) and so I can stay there for as long as I want to! YAY! Grin
Just that I'll be arriving late. Probably at around 12pm. Unhappy

ashton- Well, now I am somewhat confirmed in your side event, just that I'll be able to participate if you keep it after the tourney... Smile
Congrats on the tourney guys and eager to see if NOboby is not commin first.
don't be shocked spy if NObody doesn't come first this time-competition has taken off to a whole new level out here with bladers like prandivz123,he really has some talent
honestly speaking,JSB,you should try to be on time
it doesn't sound good when one of us comes two hours late!
i remember an old toy shop which was still selling old HMS beys,i'll have to check it after the tournament and think before buying cause i don't know if beys are good to buy after staying years in a package
What time do we have to meet up? and BTW zeneo What you saw beys HMS beys in a toy shop i will be coming with you after the tournament.
BTW, its better if you people do not come before 10. I come from quite far, so if there is traffic anywhere, there is a chance that I will get late.
Secondly, zeneo, its alright even if JSB is coming late. Because, JSB and christopher are at least attending the event even if they are doing it late.
Ok so around 10, 10: 30 it is. I will also bring my zero g stadium.
no ways imma telling you the shop!
i've been in this tourney business for around 5 months now!
i know what can be rare,what's rare and what's not!
most probably,i'll buy them,unbox and see their condition and if they're good,i'll generously sell it in the WBO given the fact that there are more 75,000 members out of which a few will pay me a good price.
Nobody-how will you make it to the tournament when it's starts at 10?you'll leave early in the morning?
tourney day!
best of luck everyone!
Results!!!-

Zero G
1) N0body- Revizer Dragoon ......
2) pranzdiv123- Sythe Aquario 230 MS
3) Sharven12- Phantom Orion B: D

MFB

Dont really know really confused the top 3 were - Janstarblast,nik1392 and N0body

HMS

Very sadly the HMS tourney could no be conducted due to lack of time.
ahh so this was finally my final tourney...XD
I attended only MFB but it was way too much intense this time...N0body and ashton are a great rivals i had throughout my all the tourneys even in this one...but i lost to Janstarblast this time!!

Anyways the results for MFB are

1st- Janstarblast (Basalt kerbecs BD145MF)...me and N0body both lost to this combo twice!XD
2nd- N0boday (MF-H Reviser Dragooon BD145MF)
3rd- nik1392 (Diablo kerbecs BD145RF, MF Flash sagg.II AD145RF/MF)

pranzdiv123- N0body used Reviser Dragooon B: D in zeroG
Nice tourney! BTW, i know it will sound like a excuse, but i caught up very darn cold yesterday and i couldnt play well due to it...
I still have cold Tongue_out
Anyway, My winning streak of 9 events was broken by the person whom I have never managed to defeat... Janstarblast
This might have been my last event too.
this tourney kind of makes it
The End Of An Era
NObody's happy that Janstarblast won,especially metal masters combo overcoming metal fury
this was one of my best tourneys
4 wins out of 8 in ZG
5 wins out of 9 in MFB
meet you soon guys
i'm up for a December tournament!
Yesterday's event wasn't too well organized. Most participants kept delaying their battles for quite long. That's why we couldn't get enough time todo HMS.

Some of the participants were just not ready to co-operate.
Not only did they delay others' events but also kept on troubling me and the other members throughout the event.
They were not ready to help me with judging or recording the results of matches or even with recording the tournament footage. As a host, this was my worst event.
Yeah..actually when i arrived i was expecting only matches must be remaining but only zeroG format was completed and MFB matches were going on...it got me late too...Few participants were not co-ordinating properly there were three stadiums and only NitroNeo, JSB n N0body were judging no one was helping to enter the results...they were doing only timepass
And the last tournament i attended was also not organised properly...hosts were only doing timepass...i had only entered all the results
Well, it certainly is a great feeling, this! Its gonna be my first Gold Face (and probably my last, too), haha!
As nik said, MFB was seriously intense (actually he's the one who made it a bit MORE intense; by getting a 5-win streak, until he finally lost to ashton) but quite fun too.
First off, some additions to the winning combos-

Janstarblast- Meteo L Drago UW145EWD, MF-H Reviser Dragooon BD145MF (eh, this Zero G combo didn't work well for me; played just one preliminary match with it and lost)
N0body- Gravity Perseus BD145____ (some spin stealer, this) and MF-H Dragooon Reviser BD145MF (its because of N0body's choice of these combos, that I could beat him; he put himself into a disadvantage for some reason)
nik- .....

Well, now for a summary of sorts-

MFB-
The tourney certainly was an enjoyable experience for me; not only because I won, but also because I was playing after a REALLY long time. Everyone else enjoyed too! The intense battles and the pressure of time forced everyone to be on the toes throughout the tourney, but yeah it was still fun(but it could have been a lot better).

Zero G-
Eh, the swaying stadium did catch everyone's attention, and NitroNeo was probably the one who seemed to be the most impressed by the vigorous movements of the stadium(especially when someone used an Attack type in it). While many of us had already been a part of a Zero G tourney earlier, the "newbies" enjoyed this new experience too, I believe.

HMS-
Its a shame that we couldn't host an HMS tourney this time...

OVERALL-

Although a great tournament, one certainly can't deny the fact that things could have been a LOT better. We had enough time to host the three tournaments we had planned(especially because of the fact that we've had a brilliant track-record of having hosted several tournaments simultaneously); however, things seemed to not work out this time.
First off, the tourney started a bit late (I can't say much about this, because even I arrived a bit late). However, even after getting some extra time to make up for the late-start, we couldn't complete one whole tournament.
Secondly, there were battles which took time. The infamous "Stamina Battles" were probably another cause for the delay. Not to mention that there were a few ties, for which a tie-breaker had to be played....
Finally, it was utter chaos....
As N0body and nik1392 have already mentioned, there was no cooperation among members, and there were a few delays probably because participants wished to get more BeyPoints (referring to the BeyPoint System- wherein the sequence of battles also matters quite a lot). While I did see a few(almost everyone, actually) people volunteering to judge, it only led to more confusion. There were 2-3 people judging one match, while the other match was left without a judge. Not to mention that taking the video footage of this tourney was also a tremendous task, as only N0body (and NitroNeo) sincerely tried to record all matches.

There's nothing against the host, really. N0body is a seriously good host, and he does organize things pretty well. Just that, this time things didn't work out the way he'd planned; mostly due to the non-cooperation....

Anyway-
Personal record-
Zero G- 4 wins out of 8
MFB- 10 wins out of 14 (including tie breakers; unless I counted something wrong)
Thats right there were a few guys who started teasing me once i arrived and almost till the whole event..
They were wasting a lot of time saying that they have to prepare their combos.!
Oh yes, some participants didn't want to battle the person they were supposed to battle. Instead,they picked their opponent themselves, giving me a deaf ear. What annoyed me the most was, they refused to do anything unless they got something in return. And once I agreed to give them a DJ face(although it is really beyond my powers as a host), several cluttered to judge the same battle. They were not even ready to record the matches when I was busy with mine. JSB & Nitro were the only ones who did it when they were free(which was hardly 1 minute). Nik was already in a hurry so I didn't ask him to record anything. But others could have certainly done it with their own cellphone cameras.
N0body put me incharge for the HMS tourney, but when i was telling those guys who were free to start their battles they were just ignoring me, it was very frustrating.!!! And yes i remember a guy was teasing nitro very much, its just no manners..
BTW i went for a check up due to that cold-cough, also got fever yesterday,
its sad to say that the last tourneys host would not be able to host properly without nikils help..
Congrats to all the winners!
Congratz to all the winners. I really wished to be a part of this tourney.... seemed like it was way to intense this time havin mumbais finest battling together. Maybe coulda won something if I was there Tongue_out Bt anyways Ill try for the one in december... hope I get to meet you all guys again.. Grin
Oh, gameboysuperman! Well, I did want to meet you there... Its a shame that I couldn't make it to the previous events. However, I look forward to see you!
The tourney was quite good, and could have been better if you would have attended, y'know!
(Nov. 12, 2012  9:49 AM)gameboysuperman Wrote: Congratz to all the winners. I really wished to be a part of this tourney.... seemed like it was way to intense this time havin mumbais finest battling together. Maybe coulda won something if I was there Tongue_out Bt anyways Ill try for the one in december... hope I get to meet you all guys again.. Grin
we might keep one on 24th or 25th of this month..