Meteo L drago LW105LF

Face: L Drago
Weight:
1.07 grams
The face depicts a dragon, Draco, one of the 88 constellations in space.
It features a further stylised version of the first L drago face; the "Ldrago" text present on the prior L drago face is removed.

Clear wheel: L Drago II
Weight:
6.03 grams
The clear wheel, like L Drago, features three dragon heads. Unlike L Drago, L Drago II contains rubber, mostly covering the circumference of the clear wheel, and partially covering the top. Also contrasting to the first L Drago clear wheel, L Drago II has "tribal" patterns upon the dragon heads, and between the gaps in which the prongs for the launcher are placed.

The use of rubber allows for the increased ability for L Drago II to "pain split" with an opposing right spin beyblade. However, this increase in spin stealing capabilities has lowered L Drago II's smash attack.

Like other beyblades such as Lightning L Drago 100HF and Gravity perseus AD145WD, Meteo and L Drago II are only compatible with one another.

L Drago II may be placed on Gravity, however this is not an intended use, nor is it effective in any known combination.

L Drago II akin to L Drago, is exclusively left spin and also has the mode change function. These modes are Assault mode (in which the heads of L Drago II cover the gold jaws of Meteo) and Barrage mode(in which the heads of L Drago II cover the silver jaws of Meteo). Currently, there has been no noticeable difference in performance between Assault mode and Barrage mode.

Metal wheel: Meteo
Weight:
28.31 grams
Meteo features six protrusions of an alternating pattern between silver jaws and gold jaws. The silver jaw is smoother, as opposed to the rugged appearance of the gold jaw.

Perseus is able to be placed on Meteo, however this too is an unintended use.
Use in customisation:
Meteo and L Drago II have found usages as both a smash attacker, and spin stealer. These combos currently include Meteo L drago 85/90/100 RF/R2F, and MF Meteo L drago 100CS.

Track: LW105 (Left Wing)
Weight:
1.50 grams
LW105 has 3 wings protruding from it's circumference. These are facing diagonally downwards in the left spin direction. This feature is intended to create down force in the left direction, in order to stabilise the beyblade in which it is being used. However, this effect remains negligible, and LW105 has found no competitive usage.

Bottom: LF (Left Flat)
Weight:
0.71 grams
LF is a mirrored version of R2F, however is made completely of plastic. Due to the nature of rubber bottoms, R2F is tall relative to plastic bottoms, and consequently, so is LF.

LF appears to be a flat bottom with 6 equal protrusions facing the anti clockwise direction(when viewed on an upright beyblade).

LF gives an aggressive movement pattern akin to other flat bottoms, however due to it's jagged form, is more aggressive than other flat bottoms made of plastic. Like all other flat plastic bottoms, it fails to fully retain a flower-like pattern when used with sliding shoot, or banking.As a result it has found recreational use for players who wish to have a more controllable bottom than RF/R2F with increased stamina.

Other Versions:
>BB-98 Ultimate Reshuffle set L Drago version: Contains a red, and a blue recolour of Meteo. Contains two unique L Drago II clear wheels named Assault version and Rush version, and a blue, white and purple recolour of the original L Drago II clear wheel, Absorb version.

>CoroCoro special release: Black Flare Version

Overall:
This bey is unique in it's spin stealing ability, being the first that contains rubber in the clear wheel. While LW105 is negligible, LF has recreational uses and Meteo L drago has found uses in Smash attack and spin stealing. Bladers who already have the staple parts in MFB should own one of this Beyblade.

Okay, I've looked at the other drafts for Meteo L drago and I didn't think they were too good so I tried my hand at it.

Much help is needed, and appreciated.

Thanks!
(Nov. 25, 2010  11:35 AM)momiji manju Wrote: Other Versions:
>BB-98 Ultimate Reshuffle set L Drago version: Contains a red, and a blue recolour of Meteo. Also contains two unique L. Drago II clear wheels named Assault version, and Ruch version, and a blue, white and purple recolour of the original L. Drago II clear wheel, Absorb version.

A minor mistake there. Quite good article.
Thanks RエスコルピオT125JB, I've fixed up that mistake.
Yah this is way better than mine, thanks for clearing that up. I suppose its up to Kei now. Erm should I have a go at Ray Gil, im getting it in the mail soon. Just wanted to know momiji, how is my other post for meteo L-Drago. Is it atleast up to beywiki standards?
Beywiki standards are very high, so unfortunately not. Many articles go through many changes before they are considered ready to be posted on Beywiki.

This one for example, is far from complete, or acceptable.

I'd refrain from posting articles without first knowing the bey in great depth though.

Language is vital to articles as well.
Hmm, so neither of our articles are even ready to be considered to be posted on beywiki yet. This is pretty interesting, btw I edited mine a little more. Although from what you've said it seems the edit makes little change. Anyway, nice job on your article, I think its great. Ill make an attempt at Ray Gil once I get it.
The black recolour of this is called Dark Flare Version. Think it's a limited Coro coro one which is incredibly rare.
Thanks Megablader2. I thought that was it, but I thought I might have been mistaking it for Lightning L drago.
Just a note, but if you want to use the term "pain split", it might be important to make an article on that notion beforehand, or very close to the publishing of this article.

Also, do you really put a period after the L in L Drago hah ?
Hah personally I do not, however I saw it in the Lightning L drago thread, so.

Mm, I could try to make one, but I don't think I'm the most informed person to do so.
(Nov. 25, 2010  2:57 PM)momiji manju Wrote: Hah personally I do not, however I saw it in the Lightning L drago thread, so.
It is either "L Drago" or "L-Drago".
Quote:The face depicts a further stylised version of the first L drago face. In place of the "Ldrago" on the prior face, it now features further stylisation.

I'd simply go with something like: The "Ldrago" is not longer written under(neath) the dragon's head
This isn't a criticism of the article, but I think using "Pain Split" as a verb is strange. Even though the term "Pain Split" is appropriate in describing the way L Drago II works, I think in a formal sense it sounds weird. We should see if we can come up with a better term collectively.
(Nov. 25, 2010  3:07 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2010  2:57 PM)momiji manju Wrote: Hah personally I do not, however I saw it in the Lightning L drago thread, so.
It is either "L Drago" or "L-Drago".

Painstakingly corrected hah.

(Nov. 25, 2010  3:14 PM)Nocto Wrote:
Quote:The face depicts a further stylised version of the first L drago face. In place of the "Ldrago" on the prior face, it now features further stylisation.

I'd simply go with something like: The "Ldrago" is not longer written under(neath) the dragon's head

I also followed through on this, however I believe it still sounds clunky.

EDIT: @Heart: Perhaps "equalise spin velocity"?
(Nov. 25, 2010  3:28 PM)momiji manju Wrote: EDIT: @Heart: Perhaps "equalise spin velocity"?

Spin Equalization?

Personally, I like the term Pain Split, but I can see how it doesn't quite work in formal language.
i think this is really good, momiji. it told me alot about meteo, if i should get it or not. i am sure this will help alot of people, too.
Quote:Metal wheel: Meteo
Meteo features six protrusions of an alternating pattern between silver jaws, and gold jaws. The silver jaw is smoother, as opposed to the rugged appearance of the gold jaw.

Currently, there has been no noticeable difference in performance between Assault mode and Barrage mode.

I find it a bit awkward that you talk about Meteo's appearance and then suddenly jump into a conclusion on the performance of its modes. Since you already started talking about the two modes in the previous section, it might sound better if you put the bolded part at the end of the section about L Drago II so you get something like this:
Quote: L Drago II akin to L Drago, is exclusively left spin and also has the mode change function. These modes are Assault mode (in which the heads of L Drago II cover the gold jaws of Meteo) and Barrage mode(in which the heads of L Drago II cover the silver jaws of Meteo). Currently, there has been no noticeable difference in performance between Assault mode and Barrage mode.
This way, you tell the reader about MLD's mode-change feature and then logically move onto your conclusion on the feature.

I also noticed that you put a lot of 1-sentence "conclusions" at the end of most of the parts. This could just be considered your writing style, but I found it a bit clunky to read. For example, you can rephrase
Quote: Track: LW105 (Left Wing)
LW105 has 3 wings protruding from it's circumference. These are facing diagonally downwards in the left spin direction. This feature is intended to create down force in the left direction, in order to stabilise the beyblade in which it is being used. However, This effect remains negligible.

LW105 has found no competitive usage.
to
Quote: Track: LW105 (Left Wing)
LW105 has 3 wings protruding from it's circumference. These are facing diagonally downwards in the left spin direction. This feature is intended to create down force in the left direction, in order to stabilise the beyblade in which it is being used. However, this effect remains negligible, and LW105 has found no competitive usage.
This flows a lot more nicely, and conveys the same message. You also capitalized "this" for some reason..

The section describing the face might also need to be rephrased to reduce clunkiness, but I'm not sure how to change it.. sorry.
Thanks Royface3000, it has been edited.
(Nov. 25, 2010  11:35 AM)momiji manju Wrote: Face: L Drago
The face depicts a dragon, Draco, one of the 88 constellations in space.
It features a further stylised version of the first L drago face; the "Ldrago" text present on the prior L drago face is removed.

Would this be more suitable?
"The face depicts a further stylised version of the first L drago face,replacing the "Ldrago" present in the former face with further stylisation. It depicts a dragon, Draco, one of the 88 constellations in space."

^How is this?
(Nov. 26, 2010  12:51 PM)momiji manju Wrote: "The face depicts a further stylised version of the first L drago face,replacing the "Ldrago" present in the former face with further stylisation. It depicts a dragon, Draco, one of the 88 constellations in space."

^How is this?

I personally think it would be better it you switch it around, like this:

"The face depicts a dragon, Draco, one of the 88 constellations in space. It depicts a further stylised version of the first L drago face, replacing the "L Drago" present in the former face with further stylisation."
And also, in the some of the paragraphs, it says 'L Drago', 'L drago', 'Ldrago', and the same thing for L Drago II...
Fixed up the "L drago" parts to "L Drago". I am aware of the "Ldrago" in the face paragraph, but that is how it appears on the sticker.
I would argue for a version similar to mine: it conforms with the set theme of previous faces. It gives a generic opening statement and then elaborates. I believe it presents your work better. Forgot to say thanks and good job on the article!
This is a great start, momiji!

(Nov. 26, 2010  5:15 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: I would argue for a version similar to mine: it conforms with the set theme of previous faces. It gives a generic opening statement and then elaborates. I believe it presents your work better. Forgot to say thanks and good job on the article!

Yeah, momiji, please use BladeStorm's version.

The L Drago II and LW105 sections are quite good as they are right now, though I would make some adjustments once this is eventually posted.

The Meteo section, on the other hand needs a lot of work, both content and wording wise. It simply isn't enough. We can't say things like "remaining largely untested". We don't post articles on Beywiki until they have been tested extensively and we believe all uses have been discovered. I do understand that this is a work in progress though.

While there is also some adjustments necessary for the LF section, the content seems to be good. I do have one question though, as I do not have experience with LF yet: you said that it is a more controllable variant of RF/R2F with more Stamina. But could this not be said for all of the plastic Flat Bottoms? I want to know, does it retain the flower pattern when banked? If it does not, this should be mentioned.
(Nov. 27, 2010  12:17 AM)Kei Wrote: This is a great start, momiji!

(Nov. 26, 2010  5:15 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: I would argue for a version similar to mine: it conforms with the set theme of previous faces. It gives a generic opening statement and then elaborates. I believe it presents your work better. Forgot to say thanks and good job on the article!

Yeah, momiji, please use BladeStorm's version.

The L Drago II and LW105 sections are quite good as they are right now, though I would make some adjustments once this is eventually posted.

The Meteo section, on the other hand needs a lot of work, both content and wording wise. It simply isn't enough. We can't say things like "remaining largely untested". We don't post articles on Beywiki until they have been tested extensively and we believe all uses have been discovered. I do understand that this is a work in progress though.

While there is also some adjustments necessary for the LF section, the content seems to be good. I do have one question though, as I do not have experience with LF yet: you said that it is a more controllable variant of RF/R2F with more Stamina. But could this not be said for all of the plastic Flat Bottoms? I want to know, does it retain the flower pattern when banked? If it does not, this should be mentioned.

hmm, i agree with kei although perhaps we could merge info from our two drafts. people have said nice things about mine : http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Meteo-L-Drago-LW105LF although im not too sure its that good and momiji manjus thread is awesome, maybe we could patch missing information? just a thought