Meteo L-Drago X:D

I know what you're thinking... XGrin? Well, I thought of how Gravity XGrin placed before and I love Meteo (if it's not obvious already, haha) so I figured I'd try Meteo XGrin. Also, I got some of the idea from the old Meteo CH120 XF.

Now be in mind, didn't have time for many tests, since I'm in the midst of helping my parents get ready for tomorrow and I won't be able to test until next Monday (as I posted in Going Away/Coming back). I discovered that Scythe and Attack kill this, haha.

Defense:

Stamina:

Balance:

So overall, not bad for the couple tests I managed to do. Like I said, a lot of the Stamina matches were super close. Feel free to do tests, too.
Looks pretty cool! I'll test it out when I get a Diablo Nemesis, sometime within the next week or two.
(Aug. 09, 2014  4:53 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Looks pretty cool! I'll test it out when I get a Diablo Nemesis, sometime within the next week or two.

Thanks, hope you can do some tests. Like I said, Attack and Scythe/Libra Stamina seem to be its "counter", yet all of the battles were fairly close when I informally tested them.
Is this the opposite of TSO's combo? haha

It looks decent compared to what you tested against.
(Aug. 09, 2014  5:39 PM)Echizen Wrote: Is this the opposite of TSO's combo? haha

It looks decent compared to what you tested against.

Honestly, her topic inspired me to start fooling with some of my 4D Drives, haha.

I forgot to mention I left XGrin in XF mode, haha. That's a key part of it.
It's a fun combo to try and use. Do you think it has a chance in tourneys though? I like it though.
XD (Get the joke?)
Would you possibly need anymore tests? I should be able to test now, so if you need anything, just ask!

This looks pretty cool btw.
(Aug. 10, 2014  6:07 PM)LordRager Wrote: It's a fun combo to try and use. Do you think it has a chance in tourneys though? I like it though.
XD (Get the joke?)

Tongue_out

I think this may find tournament use after more tests, of course, haha.

(Aug. 10, 2014  6:33 PM)Ryûzaki Wrote: Would you possibly need anymore tests? I should be able to test now, so if you need anything, just ask!

If you'd be willing to try this against Attack with different XGrin modes just to get some numbers, by all means, go ahead, haha.
I'm assuming you tested X:D in attack mode, right?
I'll do some comparative tests with the combos you used when I get around to it, now that I have Diablo Nemesis.
(Aug. 17, 2014  9:47 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: I'm assuming you tested XGrin in attack mode, right?
I'll do some comparative tests with the combos you used when I get around to it, now that I have Diablo Nemesis.

Yeah, XGrin was in Attack. Some of the matches for Stamina were pretty close, so keep that in mind, haha.
A few rounds:

Scythe Aquario GB145 RSF vs Meteo X:D
Meteo wins: 6/10 (all OS; 60% win rate)
Scythe wins: 4/10 (3 KOs, 1 self-KO; 40% win rate)

Earth Cancer W145 WD vs Meteo X:D
Meteo wins: 3/10 (all KO; 30% win rate)
Earth wins: 7/10 (5 OS, 2 self-KO 70% win rate)
Again , you just do 20 rounds. %60 isn't one sided enough.
DK, I know how many rounds I should typically do when I'm testing for a thread I made & I don't need to be reminded of that by you for the second or third time.

I was just testing Leone19's combo out & thought I would post some of my results; if I don't want to do 20, I won't do 20. This isn't my combination and I've been well aware of the guidelines on here for the 2+ years that I've been a member.

Edit: What's funny is that I knew you'd say something like this before I even posted my tests...
I may use this for the upcoming tournament in Toronto, hopefully everyone uses Libra defence, and I'm able to counter it with this.

Nice testing thread, Leone19!
(Aug. 17, 2014  9:12 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2014  6:33 PM)Ryûzaki Wrote: Would you possibly need anymore tests? I should be able to test now, so if you need anything, just ask!

If you'd be willing to try this against Attack with different XGrin modes just to get some numbers, by all means, go ahead, haha.
I'll have them up tomorrow, then. Smile

@DK and TSO: Fight fight fight fight!! No no, but I must say, DK you have been acting like a mini-mod lately IMO. :\ You don't always have to do 20 rounds. It's just a preferred number...
(Aug. 20, 2014  12:06 AM)Ryûzaki Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2014  9:12 PM)Leone19 Wrote:

@DK and TSO: Fight fight fight fight!! No no, but I must say, DK you have been acting like a mini-mod lately IMO. :\ You don't always have to do 20 rounds. It's just a preferred number...

Actually,I'm pretty sure you have too unless it's like a %80-%100 win percentage by one combo to be considered a legitimate test.

EDIT: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Posting-Test-Results

According to that thread you have to do atleast 20 Rounds, but since then the one-sided rule was made, speaking of which, that should probably be updated :\.
(Aug. 20, 2014  12:17 AM)DRANZER KING Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2014  12:06 AM)Ryûzaki Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2014  9:12 PM)Leone19 Wrote: If you'd be willing to try this against Attack with different XGrin modes just to get some numbers, by all means, go ahead, haha.

Actually,I'm pretty sure you have too unless it's like a %80-%100 win percentage by one combo to be considered a legitimate test.

According to that thread you have to do atleast 20 Rounds, but since then the one-sided rule was made, speaking of which, that should probably be updated :\.

The results was pretty much obvious how they would turn out. Plus, she might not of had the time. I suggest me and you shut up right now unless we want to make SPAM. Good day. Smile
(Aug. 20, 2014  12:31 AM)Ryûzaki Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2014  12:06 AM)Ryûzaki Wrote: I'll have them up tomorrow, then. Smile

The results was pretty much obvious how they would turn out. Plus, she might not of had the time. I suggest me and you shut up right now unless we want to make SPAM. Good day. Smile
With only a %60 rate, I wouldn't be so sure. A person getting used to launching the combo etc could make the results change I the middle of a battle.

I wouldn't say this is spam, but yeah. Same to you.
Guys, calm down. For formal testing, yeah it has to be 20 rounds, but since this isn't her topic and she only wanted to provide a few tests of what she did, no reason to get on her case.

Thanks, LMAO, haha. Let me know how it works.

Anyways, about your tests (TheSupremeOne), my Scythe tests mainly differ because my RSF's aren't too aggressive, so it didn't really KO. For me, the Earth matches were pretty close, so it might just depend on our launch/parts/other factors, too.
My RSF is pretty non-agressive too, actually. Can I ask what the condition of your WD was? Mine is used, but not worn to the point of aggression. I've found that my really worn-down WDs have significantly less stamina than my mint ones. The Earth & Meteo matches were close, but Earth clearly won in mine. Occasionally I could get Meteo to KO, but it's pretty hard to sliding shoot with XGrin. It has to make contact with Earth almost immediately for it to have a chance. With Scythe, I used GB145 since I don't have TH170, so that also could have been a factor with my results.
(Aug. 20, 2014  12:47 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: My RSF is pretty non-agressive too, actually. Can I ask what the condition of your WD was? Mine is used, but not worn to the point of aggression. I've found that my really worn-down WDs have significantly less stamina than my mint ones. The Earth & Meteo matches were close, but Earth clearly won in mine. Occasionally I could get Meteo to KO, but it's pretty hard to sliding shoot with XGrin. It has to make contact with Earth almost immediately for it to have a chance. With Scythe, I used GB145 since I don't have TH170, so that also could have been a factor with my results.

The WD I used want necisarily mint, but not too worn either- that being said, it's in good condition.

For me, I stalled against Defense and tried the Sliding Shoot for Stamina- as you said, the Sliding Shoot was fairly difficult and it often began to stall. The Earth matches weren't as clear as yours, mine were really, really close.

As far as Scythe goes, that (GB145) probably is what changed the results for the most part.
Meteo X:D definitely isn't bad against defense, but I think you'll probably need another mirror test from someone else to determine how it really performs with stamina. It's not very good as an attack combo, but Meteo is probably the best wheel anyone could use on X:D because it's multipurpose. I'd be interested to see Scythe X:D though...
(Aug. 20, 2014  1:10 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Meteo XGrin definitely isn't bad against defense, but I think you'll probably need another mirror test from someone else to determine how it really performs with stamina. It's not very good as an attack combo, but Meteo is probably the best wheel anyone could use on XGrin because it's multipurpose. I'd be interested to see Scythe XGrin though...

Definitely since Gravity is banned, Meteo is probably the best multi-purpose option for XGrin. I'm going to try to test against more Balance combinations later in the week. Tongue_out
(Aug. 20, 2014  12:06 AM)Ryûzaki Wrote: @DK and TSO: Fight fight fight fight!! No no, but I must say, DK you have been acting like a mini-mod lately IMO. :\ You don't always have to do 20 rounds. It's just a preferred number...

The "one-sided rule" is not a real thing. That's a trend that began after certain members (including me) were conducting some Stamina-vs-opposite-spin-Stamina tests awhile ago with a minimum of only ten rounds because the battles often took a long time, ties were rampant, and the results we actually managed to get ended up being very lopsided.

By "lopsided," I mean 10-0 or 9-1. Unless you're doing Stamina-on-Stamina battles that result in a lot of ties -- on top of already one-sided results -- a 10-0, or any worse W/L ratio, is not justification for only ten rounds of testing in any other circumstance. Even in in Stamina battles such as that, only 10 rounds is by no means ideal, but nobody's gonna ask you to go through 40 to 50 rounds just to get 20 viable results.

Sorry about the derailment, but keep up the good work, guys! Could we see some comparisons between this and Meteo L-Drago CH120XF/GCF against Scythe 230TB? That particular Stamina combo surprised me with how well it handles Spin-Stealers.
(Aug. 21, 2014  3:25 AM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: Sorry about the derailment, but keep up the good work, guys! Could we see some comparisons between this and Meteo L-Drago CH120XF/GCF against Scythe 230TB? That particular Stamina combo surprised me with how well it handles Spin-Stealers.

I'll try to test it out today or later in the week- from my Earth 230 TB informal tests I've done in the past, the results seem to be fairly mixed. But then again, knowing Scythe, it might take the cake, haha.