Meteo L Drago Modes Testing

I just thought I'd do some testing on the modes of Meteo L Drago.
Now i'll just get right to the results

Stadium: MFB Attack Type
Equipment: Beylauncher L,
Beylauncher

Vs. Defense Testing

Meteo L Drago 100RF (Barrage Mode) vs. MF Earth Bull GB145WB
Meteo L Drago 100RF: 16 wins
MF Earth Bull GB145WB: 4 wins
Barrage Mode win percentage: 80%
1 Draw

Meteo L Drago 100RF (Assault Mode) vs. MF Earth Bull GB145WB
Meteo L Drago 100RF: 18 wins
MF Earth Bull GB145WB: 2 wins
Assault Mode win percentage: 90%
3 Draws

During the testing I noticed that Barrage Mode seemed to get more of it's wins by knockout, whereas Assault Mode had about equal amounts of knockout and outspin wins.
Sorry that I didn't have time to test it against other combos, however i may do some more testing tomorrow, so tell me any combos you would like me to test it against (Note: I don't have RS, RSF, or CS but if anyone would like to do some testing with them that would be cool Grin )

Vs. Stamina Testing

Meteo L Drago 100RF (Assault Mode) vs. Burn Bull 145WD
[/b][/u]Meteo L Drago 100RF: 17 wins
Burn Bull 145WD: 3 wins
Assault Mode win percentage: 85%

Meteo L Drago 100RF (Barrage Mode) vs. Burn Bull 145WD
Meteo L Drago 100RF: 18 wins
Burn Bull 145WD: 2 wins
Barrage Mode win percentage: 90%

Meteo L Drago 100RF (Assault Mode) vs. Burn Bull 100WD
Meteo L Drago 100RF: 12 wins
Burn Bull 100WD: 8 wins
Assault Mode win percentage: 60%

Meteo L Drago 100RF (Barrage Mode) vs. Burn Bull 100WD
Meteo L Drago 100RF: 14 wins
Burn Bull 100WD: 6 wins
Barrage Mode win percentage: 70%

Kind of Inconsistent results :\ . My theory is that while Barrage Mode provides more Smash Attack, Assault Mode provides slightly more stamina (enough to outlast a defense combo, but not enough to outlast a stamina combo). So smash beats stamina, while less smash and more stamina beats defense. However I think it might be helpful if some other members could test this just because of how inconsistent these results are.
You used WB and didn't state the stadium.
(Jan. 11, 2011  2:11 AM)ShadowPegasis Wrote: didn't state the stadium.

Thanks! fixed

(Jan. 11, 2011  2:11 AM)ShadowPegasis Wrote: You used WB

As I said I don't have RS, RSF, or CS and since I wasn't testing a new custom I figured using WB would be acceptable
Ah, my apologies, I didn't see the RS thing.
Something is wrong here. Vulcan doesn't even do this well against defense.
(Jan. 11, 2011  2:23 AM)Evan Wrote: Something is wrong here. Vulcan doesn't even do this well against defense.

I think it's because even when Meteo wasn't able to KO Earth bull it was able to outspin it due to the spin-equalizing
But Earth Stamina combos generally beat Meteo LDrago combos by outspin, if not by tie.
(Jan. 11, 2011  2:23 AM)Evan Wrote: Something is wrong here. Vulcan doesn't even do this well against defense.

Well keep in mind most recent tests with Vulcan have been against RS opponents, this was against a WB opponent.
(Jan. 11, 2011  2:29 AM)ShadowPegasis Wrote: But Earth Stamina combos generally beat Meteo LDrago combos by outspin, if not by tie.

Well it is mold 2. Often it seemed that Meteo put Earth off-balance causing GB145 to scrape agianst the stadium
Mind using top-tier parts?
Also:
low tracks are pretty much dead..

Destabilization:
Meteo LDrago 90WF (Barrage) vs Earth Bull 145CS
Meteo LDrago 90WF Win Rate: 7/10 (9 OS)
Dark Bull 145CS Win Rate: 3/10 (1 OS)
3 Draws

A week or so ago when I my CS and WF weren't lost. ; 3;
If I find both pieces soon, I can test it in Assualt mode.
Thank you Dan! Yeah sorry I haven't been able to order Grand Ketos/ Ray Gill/ Ray Unicorno yet, but I will be soon. I might try re-doing the tests later just to make sure these results are accurate (when practicing before testing there were many more draws than during the actual testing :\ )
(Jan. 11, 2011  2:58 AM)Dan Wrote: Earth Bull 145CS Win Rate: 3/10 (1 OS)

Fixed.
(Jan. 11, 2011  2:58 AM)Dan Wrote: Destabilization:
Meteo LDrago 90WF (Barrage) vs Earth Bull 145CS
Meteo LDrago 90WF Win Rate: 7/10 (9 OS)
Dark Bull 145CS Win Rate: 3/10 (1 OS)
3 Draws
I'm surprised that your Meteo didn't floor scrape on 90WF, hah.

(Jan. 11, 2011  2:08 AM)Spirit Wrote: During the testing I noticed that Barrage Mode seemed to get more of it's wins by knockout, whereas Assault Mode had about equal amounts of knockout and outspin wins.
Hmm, this happens to me too.

Speculative gibberish (Click to View)
What kind of Ldrago II is it?
The special pieces (those without rubber) or the normal ones?
I think Diamond hit the nail on the head, exactly what I've been thinking about when I bought it. Eventually, I just gave up and looked at Fyuuors video and changed my mode to match his Tongue_out
(Jan. 11, 2011  12:23 PM)Meteo LDrago Wrote: What kind of Ldrago II is it?
The special pieces (those without rubber) or the normal ones?

If it wasn't the normal version I think spirit would have said so.

[quote='Dan' pid='502212' dateline='1294711120']

Mind using top-tier parts?

All of the parts he used are top tier actually apart from Meteo and L drago.

low tracks are pretty much dead..

Wrong. If testing is not being done against a 230 combo then there's no reason not to use low tracks...
Alright, no need to try and crucify me.. Serious
They are dead if we're talking tournaments, because people will bring 230. I am not talking about an enclosed space where 230 is only a myth - in that case, low attackers rule.-
Also: in this thread, we can use TT parts, you know, not just Hasbro parts. Meaning WB is not top-tier. :V
What's with you, man? Pretty aggressive, reflected post.
umm, im kinda new here so the barrage mode is the golden part where its meteo l-drago's feet? and the silver part is the assault mode?
(Jan. 11, 2011  3:33 PM)ZenSkyStars Wrote: umm, im kinda new here so the barrage mode is the golden part where its meteo l-drago's feet? and the silver part is the assault mode?
Read the Meteo L Drago topic.
I wasn't crucifying you. I was correcting you. Testing is completly different from a tournament. Sure if people in tournament use 230 combos then yeah but in testing unless you facing a 230 combo low tracks can be used.
Testing combinations and making top-tier lists are meant for competitive use in tournaments, making it all the same.
Just put up some new testing against stamina Grin
Why? Stamina vs. Attack is useless.
This isn't testing for a new Attack combo. This is testing between the two modes of Meteo L Drago. I put up the stamina results because they showed different results about the modes then the Vs. defense testing
Nice results! Just don't get how Barrage mode got lower win rates against burn bull 100WD than Earth Bull GB145WB... Since the stamina combo is on a lower track should it not have better contact with the metal wheel, thus more smash? Anyways, I've been wondering about this for some time thnx for the tests!