Dec

Metal Fight Double Champ (Zero-G)

Montreal, Quebec
Tournament Results
Balfour Building
3575 boulevard Saint-Laurent, suite #119
  Locked door, so please wait for someone to come open it for you. If you can, communicate with Bey Brad (text at 514-886-8535) or Kai-V.
2:00 PM on 12/17/2016
Hosted by
  Kai-V
Contact Host
Format
Zero-G

Most official Metal Fight/Fusion gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Our last attempt at a Metal Fight Beyblade tournament failed, but this time we are back, with double the action!

On Saturday, December 17th at 12:00 PM, join us for two MFB events back-to-back. The formats will be Standard, followed by Zero-G, which should start around 2:00 PM. 

Your hosts will be loyd87 and I. Prepare for some fun prizes and, hopefully, some trophies again!

Here are the confirmed participants:
loyd87
Krustyburger85
Lovecaro
+2 others
Kai-V
MissingNo.
TheGalaxyKing
Dobby

See you this weekend!

@[D!CE], @[Protoman], @[ridbladebreaker]

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Nice! I really hope that the weather will not be horrible, as it might be forecast right now hah...
ill be there
(Dec. 16, 2016  12:17 AM)D!CE Wrote: ill be there

Awesome, this is turning out to be quite the tournament. If the weather is clement, we could even dream of having enough players to do Block Round Robin and then we would be sure to be able to do wo tournaments back-to-back very quickly hah.
I gotta borrow parts from someone :c
(Dec. 16, 2016  1:55 AM)ridbladebreaker Wrote: I gotta borrow parts from someone :c

No problem, we should have plenty to lend. 

Yo guys, this is the topic for the Zero-G tournament by the way, which should happen around 2:00 PM if everything goes well, but make sure to show up slightly before 12:00 PM for the Standard Format tournament first hah.
(Dec. 16, 2016  2:04 AM)Kai-V Wrote: No problem, we should have plenty to lend. 

Yo guys, this is the topic for the Zero-G tournament by the way, which should happen around 2:00 PM if everything goes well, but make sure to show up slightly before 12:00 PM for the Standard Format tournament first hah.

I'll be there for sure then for both tournaments c:
Update that I had forgotten: these events will be free!

Also, if you can, you should click on the Join Tournament button at the top of the thread, since that is how the system works now hah. It gives a better idea of who and how many people are supposed to attend.
Why is free?
(Dec. 16, 2016  5:16 PM)loyd87 Wrote: Why is free?

We announced during the downtime that all tournaments in December would be free hah.
Great hah xmas gifts Wink see you later everyone and good luck!

We will be 4 Wink we got a young new player with us!
Awesome then hah. There is some snow falling right now, but I think it is moderate enough to go on with the tournaments anyway. Worse comes to worst, we will host the first Club Format event hah.
I'm sorry guys I couldn't make it my father needed help to dig out his truck and it took longer than expected I won't make on time if I leave now I'll make up for it next time Unhappy
@[D!CE], no worries at all, it was certainly not an easy day for anyone hah. I am just really glad that we had not missed you at the door or something, since you have no method of communication. I just hope you get to enjoy Metal Fight Beyblade soon rather than in many months.

Honestly these tournaments were the most fun times I had Beyblade-related in years. Even the long Stamina battles were thrilling to watch in comparison to most Burst battles, for me. Thank you so much to everyone who came, you were all part of this awesome moment.

However, note to ourselves: snow/delays or not, two Metal Fight Beyblade tournaments per day is not necessarily something that can be achieved in four hours hahah. And it would have been impossible to do Deck Format without stretching time too thin. And/or the number of tournaments we do per day, in Metal Fight Beyblade formats, depends on how many participants we have hah. That being said, I am glad we were able to have ten players, almost twelve for the second event, and that we were not the first community to test out Club Format.

Here are the standings:

Standard Format
1st place: loyd87
2nd place: Krustyburger
3rd place: MissingNo.

Zero-G Format
1st place: Lovecaro (loyd87's girlfriend)
2nd place: Krustyburger
3rd place: MissingNo.

Even if he had not entered a tournament in at least a year, Krustyburger made a solid performance. We also had a new player, Nathan, who was adapting to non-Hasbro stadiums for the first time but who made some good customization choices and who surprised us with his very aggressive, forward launch.
Nice write-up, Kai-V! Sorry I couldn't stick around but happy I was able to provide a venue for the good times.
Great tourney! I have finally get some good results in standard but missed the zero g against missingno. In the tie break round. Bad choice for my side.

Really surprise by our new players today!

Nathan have some great battle and it was its first real battle in a bb-10 and first tournament.

Lovecaro have showing us how we can play in zero-g for her. first time in tournament too!

What say about krusty... each time he makes a big differense in the tournament. That guy is just awesome!

My winning combination for standard:

Msf genbull genbull t125 mf
Killerken dragooon sa165(att) ewd
Mf-l duo cygnus sa165 ewd
Msf-m beigirados balro sa165 bsf
Msf pegasus gryph sa165 (att) mf

Thx to all of us!

I wish to see a footage really soon!

I think we have some videos and photos!

I wish you a great holydays and see you at the next even!
My winning combinations for zero g is:

Girago girago b: d
Killerken dragooon sa165 (att) ewd
By the way krusty used is legendary left spin combo.

Girago dragooon b: d

For both tournament.
(Dec. 18, 2016  4:06 AM)loyd87 Wrote: By the way krusty used is legendary left spin combo.

Girago dragooon b: d

For both tournament.

What, that's it? Wow hahah.
Absolutly haha he mastered this combination so well. He predicted to me to finish in top 2 in each tournaments and it was what he does. I always impress hah!
Really?? No one was using Wyvern Dragoon (hasbro mold) sa165(att) R2F ??? Its like the best lmao
Loyd87 Wrote:Msf genbull genbull t125 mf
Killerken dragooon sa165(att) ewd
Mf-l duo cygnus sa165 ewd
Msf-m beigirados balro sa165 bsf
Msf pegasus gryph sa165 (att) mf

Wow how that Genbu T125MF did?

Sprizen-Spoiler (Click to View)
Pretty well isnt my first tournament where im placed with.

Great balance type in my opinion. I can stall and be anti-attack. Have great stamina and some clear attack depending of the height of my opponent. Its main weakness is left spin opponent.
Here is the spreadsheet for this tournament: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bya-Eb...HMya1l4UGs