Melbourne BeyLunch [Discussion & Planning]

(Aug. 28, 2015  7:36 PM)Furyo Wrote: Alright, Aussie Bladers, listen up!

It's time for a casual get together to discuss Beyblade Burst, the WBO and how we're going to revive the sport down under. Let's take the time to decide on where we shall hold this thing and when.

I'm down for anything; letting it rip up in the upstairs area of Swanston or Elizabeth Street McDonalds, somewhere nice and cosy on Fed Square or even on a nice spot in Chinatown! We should look for a place that is safe for our kind of gathering, but also draws the eyes and attentions of potential Bladers. Joyful_3

What do you guys think?

yeah thats a great idea but the prize should be from each series because some of us might like metal fusion or master or fury

(Aug. 28, 2015  7:36 PM)Furyo Wrote: Alright, Aussie Bladers, listen up!

It's time for a casual get together to discuss Beyblade Burst, the WBO and how we're going to revive the sport down under. Let's take the time to decide on where we shall hold this thing and when.

I'm down for anything; letting it rip up in the upstairs area of Swanston or Elizabeth Street McDonalds, somewhere nice and cosy on Fed Square or even on a nice spot in Chinatown! We should look for a place that is safe for our kind of gathering, but also draws the eyes and attentions of potential Bladers. Joyful_3

What do you guys think?

yeah thats a great idea but the prize should be from each series because some of us might like metal fusion or master or fury
Do people still use the old L-Dragos and metal saga beys?
(Dec. 19, 2016  5:04 AM)MrMaths Wrote: Do people still use the old L-Dragos and metal saga beys?

Allot of us only have those currently. While I have been getting a few Burst and most likely will have allot of new players joining us with only Burst, it's not like we won't have quite a few players with metal saga tops.

On that note, for those who don't know because they haven't been keeping up with the news, Burst has just hit aussie stores so probably a decent time to start trying to plan some events.
These tournaments could be held in Universities like La Trobe and Melbourne. Thats probably the safest and the best it can get. As for parks, they can pretty difficult to navigate I bet some parents wouldn't be happy about it either.
I'm all metal, so far.

Does anyone here have a blue card for working with minors? Because, you know, the law applies to volunteers too. Never had to worry about it when every blader was (and still is) over 18, but I can see this getting weird real quick. Far as I'm aware, you don't need one if the parents are present - or if you, the organiser, are a minor. How has this worked in the past?

Point is, I agree that Universities are a great place to source interest. RMIT is just round the corner from Neko too.
(Dec. 20, 2016  8:15 AM)Beylon Wrote: Does anyone here have a blue card for working with minors? Because, you know, the law applies to volunteers too. Never had to worry about it when every blader was (and still is) over 18, but I can see this getting weird real quick. Far as I'm aware, you don't need one if the parents are present - or if you, the organiser, are a minor. How has this worked in the past?

Err just parents around seeming to be it, never seen the topic brought up at all, which back when events were often half of the players were certainly under 18. All that seemed to happen was treating it to be a gathering and making sure there were some parents around. I don't have a working with minors card, at least not yet I am applying for jobs that may require it.
Wow, you guys need a card for stuff like that? Isn't it enough to just get the tacit consent of the parents if/when they leave their kids with you? If they do not leave and trust you, then they stay; even they should know that.
(Dec. 20, 2016  3:23 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Wow, you guys need a card for stuff like that? Isn't it enough to just get the tacit consent of the parents if/when they leave their kids with you? If they do not leave and trust you, then they stay; even they should know that.

This ^

Working with minors card is a bit much. I agree, parent consent should be fine.
What is all this Minor and card stuff anyway???
(Dec. 21, 2016  1:22 AM)MrMaths Wrote: What is all this Minor and card stuff anyway???

In order to get a job or a volunteer position in Australia that is related to working with children, you need to go through a working with minors check. After doing so you will get a certificate or card telling people (namely your employer) you have done the check. This, however, might be too low scale to be required so it probably doesn't matter, BUT it might be beneficial in getting parents trust should that become an issue so if I end up with one it might just be straight benefit.
And it costs you something to get and keep that permit, or what?
(Dec. 21, 2016  2:56 AM)Kai-V Wrote: And it costs you something to get and keep that permit, or what?

Costs like $30 AUD to go through the process of getting one which is like a 2 week class but I'm unaware if it expires or anything. I would not get it just for this.
Having one doesn't hurt (and good on you Giraton) as the law is pretty clear - even if I agree it's reactionary. Not sure how it differs in other states. Good news is, volunteer associations (like the WBO) are not usually bound by health and safety laws - so running a tournament at Neko (for example) would come under their usual insurance if some kid Lost his Longinus in his eye.

The trials of getting older!
To be honest guys I'm sure that just so long as parents stick around then it'll be fine. It was never a problem back when tournaments used to run in Melbourne and some of the guys attending them were older anyways.
(Dec. 22, 2016  10:18 AM)sucks Wrote: To be honest guys I'm sure that just so long as parents stick around then it'll be fine. It was never a problem back when tournaments used to run in Melbourne and some of the guys attending them were older anyways.

Yeah, you'd have to be unlucky.
Apparently I have one of this Working With Children Check card for voluntary works as a part of my course required me to work at an institution last year. Since I our activities are not profit-based I guess my card should be valid. Am really looking forward if we are going to plan a meeting or tournament in the near future.
Most of my bey are metal saga and zero-g too.
(Dec. 23, 2016  12:29 PM)betraka000 Wrote: Am really looking forward if we are going to plan a meeting or tournament in the near future.

I second this, would be fun to get the scene going again down under on a most likely small level, do you guys have any ideas when the next "meeting" should take place?

Also I've noticed that Omega has viewed the WBO site recently, wonder if he'd be up for something?
I recently bought some burst stuff so I'd be keen if a tournament/meet up was to happen any time soon.