Melbourne BeyLunch [Discussion & Planning]

My lunch is taking forever. Be there in a bit.
Did a meet up end up happening? how did it go?

I won't be done with my exams for another week, but after that's done I think the mid-year break will be a good opportunity to organize a meet up and hopefully work towards a tournament.
Meet up did happen, 3 person group. Got quite a few games in, Beylon brought his custom work in which was cool to see. Fortunately we were not intrusive to the rest of the store and I found a good bag to transport stadiums with.
(Jun. 15, 2016  4:27 PM)Giraton Wrote: Beylon brought his custom work in which was cool to see. Fortunately we were not intrusive to the rest of the store and I found a good bag to transport stadiums with.

Thanks man. My shipment of fake LR launchers arrived too. Thanks for lending me a couple to get me through.

A thought about these meetups... Do we still think middle-of-the-day meetups are the best choice? Or should we aim for a different timeframe? I basically just get the feeling that people have other stuff to do on their weekends (during the day, on sunday, in particular). Maybe I'm wrong. Doesn't make much difference to me personally; except Sunday trains are a nightmare. Heh.
Going to be in Melbourne again, early October. Thoughts?
I'd be down for another meet-up in october.
Late reply but October seems good. I feel we need to discuss the Hasbro problem in relation to aussie events and would rather do so in person.
So I'll hopefully be in town on the weekend of the 9th to do the Round the Bay ride. But of course, that means I'm busy on the 9th, which is a sunday.

As for Hasbro... Yeah... Something must be said.
Another late reply. I think I will still be quite available in October, so if the date later match with my schedule I am totally up for a gathering in October, especially if it is a rather early one in October.
What's "the Hasbro problem"?
(Sep. 23, 2016  9:37 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: What's "the Hasbro problem"?

Well for one, d-bags like me not pulling my weight and buying up on TT beys because they just "knew" Hasbro would improve the design, then additionally refraining from buying Hasbro beys because the shipping is whack. Eh.

For dates... What day are we usually good for now? Sunday is still okay for me, except the 9th, obviously. I'd consider a mid-week evening. I mean really... We're all adults here.
And also the case of discussion of formats. I know the WBO as a whole hasn't got formats sorted as of just yet, but the fact that when Burst comes out I personally am expecting an influx of new players who haven't even looked online for takara tops in their life its gona cause some problems. So discussion on how to handle this idea that most players will only have hasbro while some more experienced players also have access to takara tops which may pose a problem. Basically the same discussion as what's going on in terms of format changes but with a focus on Australia.
(Sep. 25, 2016  1:08 AM)Giraton Wrote: And also the case of discussion of formats. I know the WBO as a whole hasn't got formats sorted as of just yet, but the fact that when Burst comes out I personally am expecting an influx of new players who haven't even looked online for takara tops in their life its gona cause some problems. So discussion on how to handle this idea that most players will only have hasbro while some more experienced players also have access to takara tops which may pose a problem. Basically the same discussion as what's going on in terms of format changes but with a focus on Australia.

Wait, why should only Australians discuss a situation that is actually shared by all regions of the world outside Japan, Hong Kong and South Korea? What you are describing is exactly what everyone here will experience in their area, so it will probably be beneficial to all and to Australians as well to all discuss this issue in the current public topic: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Hasbro-...Discussion

Everyone's opinion has a weight, yours to the rest of the world and the rest of the world's to yours, no?

We are really eager to hear everyone's opinion, especially after this statistical data was compiled.
(Sep. 25, 2016  1:21 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Wait, why should only Australians discuss a situation that is actually shared by all regions of the world outside Japan, Hong Kong and South Korea? What you are describing is exactly what everyone here will experience in their area, so it will probably be beneficial to all and to Australians as well to all discuss this issue in the current public topic:

A. cause I want to discuss in person a bit cause I feel it can work out misconceptions and that better in person than via text. B. Because I only know the tournament format in Australia cause that's all I've seen. I can read all I want but I'm never gona know the other countries situations and subtle differences that change up how players play. C. It's not like I don't want to share my thoughts on this as a whole, and also get some feedback from others outside, I just want to discuss it locally first before we spread out to the bigger picture. A small, incremental discussion rather than shoving it all at the world wide level all at once.
Well, of course anyone is free to discuss whatever they want with whomever they want, but I think we will be a lot more on the same boat regarding this issue than you seem to think.

What is the "Australian tournament format" anyway?
(Sep. 25, 2016  2:08 AM)Kai-V Wrote: What is the "Australian tournament format" anyway?

Less of a format and more of a meta, guess my mind was thinking the wrong way there.
We on this week?

Turns out I'm here until Monday. Or maybe Sunday night. Red-eye flights, yo.

As usual, weekdays are better for me but I'm happy enough to smash a weekend.

(Also, Round the Bay on the weekend was absolute murder. 120kph headwinds for 30kms. I slept for a full day afterward.)
Hi guys Beylon suggested that i should introduce myself here my name is Marc im new to burst but have played with the original beyblades im interested in meeting fellow bladers sadly im broke so i wont be able to come this weekends beylunch but i look foward to meeting you all at any future events.
I'm not sure if I can do this week for a multitude of reasons. 1. it's my last week of Uni for the year so end of year assignments are a requirement...even though I only have one. 2. Birthday season is running right now so I've got 4-5 birthdays to celebrate this week. 3. Overwatch Halloween event...I need that junkrat skin.

I might have time if I finish my assignment, but otherwise at best I might have Friday morning before 2 pm.

Also greetings banefire, welcome aboard the bey-train. I'm and OG beyblader myself so we can at least talk about that.
It seems that I am more than likely able to make it this week. As my real fully packed week will start next week. Friday/weekend is preferable though. Welcome as well Marc, frankly I am pretty new in Melbourne's community as well.
I can do Friday morning I have to be in the area by 2 pm anyway to record a very late podcast episode.
Argh no!!! Guys, I have the flu! Or a cold or something gross. Just woke up with it. Urgh. Man, this is some horrendous luck. I'm flying out on Monday. Blargh!!! Damn you Melbournites and your cold, socially-active social scene! Sorry peeps.
Oh well. I'll still pop in with some of my stuff partially so I can show a friend of mine how the game has been going since he last saw the game.
Good man. Hope you recruit yourself a minion.