Melbourne BeyLunch [Discussion & Planning]

(Feb. 12, 2016  3:18 PM)Furyo Wrote: Shall we aim for March 6th? I'll have my Deathscyther Oval Accel and my Launcher Grip ready!

Also, did we find a location that wasn't on such an angle like the first time? Maybe moving further down the hill would work?

We got away with doing the battles at nekocards funnily enough.
Plus 1000 Pound Bend is right next door. And you know, what is Beyblade without extremely strong coffee?
(Feb. 13, 2016  8:43 AM)Giraton Wrote:
(Feb. 12, 2016  3:18 PM)Furyo Wrote: Shall we aim for March 6th? I'll have my Deathscyther Oval Accel and my Launcher Grip ready!

Also, did we find a location that wasn't on such an angle like the first time? Maybe moving further down the hill would work?

We got away with doing the battles at nekocards funnily enough.

Seriously? That's just awesome. Did they lay down any ground rules?

We should have a chat with those guys, see if they'll help import Beyblade Burst. That kind of exposure would definitely restore interest in the hobby.
(Feb. 13, 2016  6:23 PM)Furyo Wrote: Seriously? That's just awesome. Did they lay down any ground rules?

No, we just found a table and played for a bit without making too much noise. There were a few people who seemed interested, so I'd say there's definitely a chance we could make a few new recruits.
(Feb. 14, 2016  6:44 AM)Chaos Blader Wrote:
(Feb. 13, 2016  6:23 PM)Furyo Wrote: Seriously? That's just awesome. Did they lay down any ground rules?

No, we just found a table and played for a bit without making too much noise. There were a few people who seemed interested, so I'd say there's definitely a chance we could make a few new recruits.

Alright. Sounds like a good idea. Joyful_3

I just hope I can practise my launches. Getting better at it, but I'm still doing the odd "pocket ripper", which can be incredibly loud.
Hiya guys~
Just a heads up for any Melbourne bladers, Nekocards is more than willing to provide you guys with a place to play. TBH, a lot of the card players can be loud, so having some Beyblade action prolly isn't much of a distraction, so long as it's within reason lol.

...now I'm just waiting for my very first beyblade...ever.
Mighty nice of you to say so, Aya. Will be sure to drop in sometime.
So we should start planning our next meet up. While I can do most weekends, the most free time I have during the mid year break for Uni will be from the July 18th, so at max I would want it to be that late, would prefer earlier myself. Anyone else?
There's a combat robot event coming up at 1000 Pound Bend. Sunday 8th May, apparently. Details on the Robowars forum. Make an excuse to come out on that day? I imagine flash-mobbing the event with Beyblades.
I haven't been to a Melbourne Meet-Up in years, it would be good to get back into it after being bogged down by study.
I'll come along if you guys are planning anything soon.
Well I'm almost on break from Uni, so if we can have a meet up in a couple of weeks would anyone be interested?
Yes.

I might be able to bring two extra people to Nekocards if we're doing MFB. In which case, that aught to be enough for a tournament, yes?

Otherwise it's all fun and games.

Also, hello ReconStrike.
Oh hey look at that, it's suddenly beydays, should we try hitting that date? I never expect beydays it always just appears and I barely notice.
Probably a good bet. Just hard for me to plan that far in advance.
well if we are gona do it, better start now.

So June 4th or 5th (no point planning for this weekend)?

Assuming neko is the meeting place.

I got stadiums for all formats.

Guess we should give the focus to MFB, and if tournament, limited.
I actually would be really interested. However, it is that my exam will be starting soon and I will only be free from 17th of June onwards...
I can probably provide a number of spare parts if people have a +1 for this event. While it is true most peeps appear to be in exam mode, I figure we can do a ninja mini-tournament as an aside to Nekocards' usual sunday antics - just an hour or two should do it, right?

I'd be travelling from Broady on that date, too. So, yeah, I understand the double-hour commute deal.

Should I whip up some advertising or something? Got a bro who's in the electric racing team at RMIT and figure the engineering streams of the inner-city colleges might be a good target. Thoughts?
(May. 28, 2016  8:28 AM)Beylon Wrote: I can probably provide a number of spare parts if people have a +1 for this event. While it is true most peeps appear to be in exam mode, I figure we can do a ninja mini-tournament as an aside to Nekocards' usual sunday antics - just an hour or two should do it, right?

I'd be travelling from Broady on that date, too. So, yeah, I understand the double-hour commute deal.

Should I whip up some advertising or something? Got a bro who's in the electric racing team at RMIT and figure the engineering streams of the inner-city colleges might be a good target. Thoughts?

Well I still want to warn neko that we are doing this at-least but yea seems good. I also happen to be part of the committee of the RMIT anime club so I can advertise to them too. I figure we should atleast have a meeting on beydays out of the spirit of things, possibly as a way to judge the numbers of a larger tournament later in the break when exams and that are done.
We still on for tomorrow? The BOM forcast says 80mm of rain on the way. Nekocards or nothing!

Plus I have the new WarShell prototypes I'd like to get some feedback on.
(Jun. 04, 2016  4:44 AM)Beylon Wrote: We still on for tomorrow? The BOM forcast says 80mm of rain on the way. Nekocards or nothing!

Plus I have the new WarShell prototypes I'd like to get some feedback on.

I'm down as long it starts about 1pm, because I have a job interview in Richmond at 11am.
I'll see what I can do, to be perfectly honest wasn't expecting it when there was no conversation over the past week. I gotta deliver papers so I better make progress now. Starting at 1 is a good plan though.
Can do 1pm. At the very least, you guys will get to see the new toys. Can someone bring along a scrappy old expendable MFB light launcher or two? These prototypes only run on MFB config launchers right now and I only have one launcher with me in Melbourne. I'll trade you a coffee...

Otherwise I'm pretty set for standard and limited.
(Jun. 04, 2016  12:13 PM)Beylon Wrote: Can do 1pm. At the very least, you guys will get to see the new toys. Can someone bring along a scrappy old expendable MFB light launcher or two? These prototypes only run on MFB config launchers right now and I only have one launcher with me in Melbourne. I'll trade you a coffee...

Otherwise I'm pretty set for standard and limited.

I'm not one for coffee, more of a hot chocolate guy myself, but I can give ya some launchers, I got way too many of the hasbro ones.
(Jun. 04, 2016  2:00 PM)Giraton Wrote: I'm not one for coffee, more of a hot chocolate guy myself, but I can give ya some launchers, I got way too many of the hasbro ones.

Perfection. Thanks man.
Heading over now, expect me at 1:30.