Melbourne BeyLunch [Discussion & Planning]

Well I was thinking of holding a board game night sometime close to new year, so having another meet up before that would be pretty good. Anyone else up for that?
Yup. Time. Place.

(Also, am I the only one who feels like the gaming community in Melbourne is kind of... Small? Whenever I visit, everyone seems to know everyone. It's like a little village. I travel around pretty much constantly and just this year realised that all my various different groups of friends already know each other... Through games.)
(Dec. 15, 2015  11:30 AM)Beylon Wrote: Yup. Time. Place.

(Also, am I the only one who feels like the gaming community in Melbourne is kind of... Small? Whenever I visit, everyone seems to know everyone. It's like a little village. I travel around pretty much constantly and just this year realised that all my various different groups of friends already know each other... Through games.)

Thinking 27th or 28th, melbourne central upper food court.

Also in terms of the gaming community, as someone part of it, eh it's bigger than most gaming communities I know of, but it's a very tight community, hence the amount of people who know each other.
Hope you can all manage to meet up. Smile

Travelling to Melbourne for lunch: the essential gear guide.

(Dec. 21, 2015  6:39 AM)Beylon Wrote:
Travelling to Melbourne for lunch: the essential gear guide.

Glad you are prepared, but reason for that complicated ruler thing I don't know the name of?

Ill be sure to bring my MFB attack stadium and Burst standard stadium for this, so anyone worried about stadiums I've got that covered. Now just to pick a day.
Leaning toward the 28th myself. Got things on both those days - but should be able to fit it all in regardless.
Good news! I am confirmed for in-the-city tomorrow. Should be an all day affair. Will make room for blades!

Anyone else confirmed/cancelling?
Well if nobody else is I sure am. What time are you available because I'll be open for pretty much the entire day.
Ok so here is a map of Melbourne Central: http://www.melbournecentral.com.au/centr...centre-map
Ill be on floor 2 behind Vita Patisserie and Schnitz wearing a light grey trilby and a legend of zelda t shirt probably holding my beyblade stuff in a shopping bag. I won't have internet access till I get there which should be around 12-1.
I wasn't able to confirm until this morning, but I'll be there a little after 1.
Excellent, thanks. I'll be the guy who looks like he's been on the road too long. Adventure time!

CB: awesome.
(Dec. 28, 2015  1:58 AM)Chaos Blader Wrote: I wasn't able to confirm until this morning, but I'll be there a little after 1.

Ah cool, looks like we match the same number of people as the last meetup. I'm already here, but I might pop out for a bit for food so if you get here and I'm not here wait for about 10 minutes.
How long are you guys going to be around for today in melbourne >?
Well im in till 5.
guess i won't make it, when are u guys planning to meet up next? i got a venue where i can take you guys to.
Today was awesome! Really good to meet you guys. Excellent people. Let's do it again soon. I feel certain we could pull together a casual tournament at some point though. I mean, this game is easy and novel enough to encourage random peeps, for sure.

odinxx: yeah man, where'd you have in mind?
Sounds like you guys had fun! Would've joined that day but I had an 11 hour shift Unhappy
So, first of all: an apology. I've been trapped with work since the first BeyLunch. Having to work long hours really took up my time, and my availability to run these meets was practically nothing. That kind of sucked the interest out of me, made me forget about Beyblading altogether. However, I recently re-rediscovered my love for this hobby and I definitely want to get back to meeting with you all again. So, with that in mind, I wish to apologise for my absence from this cool thing we've started. There is going to be one catch that I will have if I am ever going to attend, however. I am only really free on Sundays from now on. Might be free on the odd day off, or on a day when I have night shift. Just a heads-up.

Glad to see that you guys have been meeting, though! Good to know that I can help start something enjoyable. Joyful_3
No need to apologise, life gets to us all. Smile

I'll be starting uni in a few weeks, and once I've got that all sorted I'll be in the city a lot more often; perhaps we should begin thinking about setting another date?
(Feb. 09, 2016  9:28 AM)Chaos Blader Wrote: No need to apologise, life gets to us all. Smile

I'll be starting uni in a few weeks, and once I've got that all sorted I'll be in the city a lot more often; perhaps we should begin thinking about setting another date?

That would be fantastic. I'm free any Sunday after the 21st. Joyful_3 Gives me time to order more Burst Beys and a grip or two.
Got uni myself coming up, so yea it would be good to do another soon. I may have things on Saturdays that might class with Sunday do to my paper job taking up 1 day on the weekend, but I should be fine for most.
Shall we aim for March 6th? I'll have my Deathscyther Oval Accel and my Launcher Grip ready!

Also, did we find a location that wasn't on such an angle like the first time? Maybe moving further down the hill would work?