MegaMan general

Poll: Will you get thee Prototype version of the game.

Yes
68.42%
No
31.58%
Total: 100% 19 vote(s)
this is the MegaMan general thread! This was originally the MegaMan Legend 3 Thread, but the game got cannceled on 7/18/11 and that was how this tread was born. We talk about Mega Man, the series as a whole, the spin-offs formed, and everything else related to the blue suited sprite. I would like to thank the people that were ont he FIRST 2 pages for making this possible. now lets talk MegaMan and hos glorry!Joyful_2

info on MegaMan Legends 3. the reason the thread started(orginally Mega Man Legends 3 thread)
It probably won't be made.
(Jun. 15, 2011  8:49 PM)To Wrote: It probably won't be made.
What are you talking about?! Capcom has been working on this game for a while now. They even gave interviews and they always show updates when they record character voices and such. THey just finished the voting for Mega Man's new Sprite designs...
i think hes thinking like how megaman universe was canceled(sadly).but i want this game bad.i love megaman and no matter wht kind i want it.but to what did make you say that?
(Jun. 15, 2011  9:07 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2011  8:49 PM)To Wrote: It probably won't be made.
What are you talking about?! Capcom has been working on this game for a while now. They even gave interviews and they always show updates when they record character voices and such. THey just finished the voting for Mega Man's new Sprite designs...

Okay. But this game is still in prototype stage. It has not secured funding to go into full development and come out as a finished game. Capcom can kill the game any time. They're hoping that being public with the development of the prototype would encourage interest.
Megaman Universe got cancelled?!
NO WAI!!! Smithicide
Anyways I won't be able to get the free prototype because I don't have a 3DS. I don't see the point in getting one quite yet, and considering I don't have wifi, that's a BIG downside to it.
Anyways ontopic.
To, I'm sure they'll make it because Capcom has been working on it for quite some time now, to just throw it all away would be a horrible move. I never got to play Legends 1&2, but from what I've seen they were great games, and people have been anticipating a remake for a while now. It'd be a HUGE letdown, and financial loss, I'm sure it will be coming out! Grin
Also I r the biggest Megaman fan you shall evar meet -.-
(Jun. 15, 2011  9:43 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: To, I'm sure they'll make it because Capcom has been working on it for quite some time now, to just throw it all away would be a horrible move. I never got to play Legends 1&2, but from what I've seen they were great games, and people have been anticipating a remake for a while now. It'd be a HUGE letdown, and financial loss, I'm sure it will be coming out! Grin

It wouldn't be a huge financial loss. The reason development for this game has moved at a glacial pace is because no one is working on it. It is a demo meant to sell the investors, and higher ups at Capcom into giving them the greenlight to actually put the game in development with a development team.
Why didn't they Make a MMSF4 two WHY though I'm Pretty sure this game is awesome reminds me of MMBN Series wich i feel was the best but not the most advanced Sigh
Check out some vids of Megaman Legends on Youtube. It's pretty awesome.
And do you know why Megaman Star Force 4 wasn't made? Because they were all the SAME GAME.
I'd have to say, this could potentially be a goldmine for Capcom, but it could also be a huge flop. For one thing, Megaman games have become increasingly easy, so it won't appeal to old fans if it is. If It's not, a buch of fans may end up buying the game out of interest or nostalgia. Capcom probably realizes this, and wants to test the waters with the prototype release, and then move on from there. I wouldn't be surprised if this game gets shot down, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a huge hit. Really, it's a feast-or-famine situation. I expect a good game, with Capcom coming off of the heels of some pretty good sales.

My take on MMSF4 not being released: One was new, Two was decent, and Three was plain bad. Like Battle Network, the series was in danger of killing ITSELF. I'm not even sure if Capcom made a decent profit off of MMSF3, anyway. You forget, Capcom may be more caring about it's customers, but in the end, it remains a COMPANY. A business. That means that profit is a very significant part of the equation.
I know this is off-topic, but even though MMBBN all had the same gameplay, at least all the games had different storylines pretty much. Everything up to MMBN4 was great. After 4 though, it went to complete carp. SF was all basically the same storyline everytime from what I saw.
Anyways back on topic.
I agree with what Megablader9 said. It's a possible huge gold mine for Capcom, however it can also be a complete dump. If they advertise enough (which they never do for Megaman games) I can see this becoming very popular. And as for the difficulty thing, I have to agree with it too. Megaman games have become increasingly easier over the years. Seriously Capcom? GIVE ME A CHALLENGE!
raigeko...you just read my mind.megaman 10 on hard mode was hard but still,im just waiting for the demo it self.im realy happy when they announced this.but like raigrko said megaman i realy not as hard as it was.i remember me strugaleing to beat gemini man and now im clearing through the new ones Uncertain
sorry, I forgot to say that MML3 Prototype will not be free. I will update. and they are around 30% done on the game. will also post
sorry, I forgot to say that MML3 Prototype will not be free. I will update. and they are around 30% done on the game. will also post

new trailer! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSzzXnv5J...dded#at=53
there is A LOT of new stuff that I am posting on the OP soon like this Mii colection

http://www.capcom-unity.com/devroom/blog...report_106
As a kid I never got into MML because I did not like they way that they had designed Mega, but I truely regret that and now I'll never get to play the originals because Sony stated that they cant release on PSN because of copy right issues. Anyway hopefully they story for MML3 wont be too tied with the originals so I dont miss out on too much. I do plan on buying this game when it releases because I am a HUGE Mega man fan. Maybe if were lucky after MML3 theyll make a MML collection.
There's too much work put into this to quit now! If anyone hasn't noticed, they have most of the graphics for the main characters, the original prototype demo, the voice actors (japanese and english), the plot, the game engine, the characters, the townspeople, and the new character designs done. All that and hundreds of thousands of servbot users backing them up. They can't back down now.

SUCK ON THAT, TO!

billy Blast, MMSF4 wasn't created because the conflict was resolved. Geo got his dad back.
@bb gregandcin, MML3 is actually speculated to be 200 points, or $2 on the 3DS

(Jun. 17, 2011  4:43 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: If they advertise enough (which they never do for Megaman games)
^ There was recently an official 'Promotional Ideas' thread on the MML3 Dev-Room.

And at everyone, THE PROTOTYPE VERSION ISN'T A DEMO, IT HAS IT'S OWN STORY. It is confirmed that you save MegaMan in the protoype version.

Seriously everyone, you need to get your facts right. *Facepalm*
Diehard MegaMan fans FTW! (and yes, MegaMan is proven to be one word)
(Jul. 03, 2011  12:09 AM)CyberBlader27 Wrote: Seriously everyone, you need to get your facts right. *Facepalm*

lololol I always wondered if it was one word
(Jul. 03, 2011  12:09 AM)CyberBlader27 Wrote: *snip*

Was all that necessary? You come off as VERY hostile, and really, didn't say much of anything useful. We could have figured all of this out ourselves, and you didn't need the "Suck on that, To!", nor did you need the "Get your facts straight! *facepalm*" comments. Yes, I am a die-hard fan. Have you played every MegaMan game up to MegaMan 8? (Where Mega Man was TWO WORDS ON THE TITLE, so no, MegaMan is not ALWAYS two words.) Don't act superior to everyone else, it's just a very convenient way to make sure that nobody ever really warms up to you.
Sorry... And yes, I have played every MegaMan game up to 8...
Also, To is just really critical to MegaMan Legends... (not just on this thread)
I can be very hostile sometimes... Unhappy
Just skeptical from you not making note that in all main-stream Mega Man games, MegaMan is two words. I see why you are frustrated, but lay off. Games have been canceled farther into production. It's actually fairly common. Just avoid those type of comments from now on, okay?
(Jul. 03, 2011  12:09 AM)CyberBlader27 Wrote: There's too much work put into this to quit now! If anyone hasn't noticed, they have most of the graphics for the main characters, the original prototype demo, the voice actors (japanese and english), the plot, the game engine, the characters, the townspeople, and the new character designs done. All that and hundreds of thousands of servbot users backing them up. They can't back down now.

SUCK ON THAT, TO!

billy Blast, MMSF4 wasn't created because the conflict was resolved. Geo got his dad back.
@bb gregandcin, MML3 is actually speculated to be 200 points, or $2 on the 3DS

(Jun. 17, 2011  4:43 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: If they advertise enough (which they never do for Megaman games)
^ There was recently an official 'Promotional Ideas' thread on the MML3 Dev-Room.

And at everyone, THE PROTOTYPE VERSION ISN'T A DEMO, IT HAS IT'S OWN STORY. It is confirmed that you save MegaMan in the protoype version.

Seriously everyone, you need to get your facts right. *Facepalm*

Thank you for the help, as i have already stated proto isnt a demo. by the way, i am Devlin in the Dev Room(just devlin).
Roll design Smile !
http://www.capcom-unity.com/devroom/blog...esign?pg=5
sorry i havent been on the thread for a bit, but here is the new Bright Bats mascot and runner ups!
http://www.capcom-unity.com/devroom/blog..._selection
this will be on the OP
Megaman Legends 3 has been canceled! D: