March of the beys (Melbourne, Australia 11/4/2012)

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

MARCH OF THE BEYS (mellbourne, Australia 11/4/2012) hey everybody, me and swany10 are working on a new melborne tournament in an attempt to bring back Australian beybladers. we need stadiums and a prize supplier for this tournament, if you can help please pm giraton or Swany10. details below:
date: 11 April 2011
time: sign up: 12-1:20 tournament starts: 1:30
location: Queen Victoria Gardens, flinders st melbourne, just down the road from flinders st station. map will be up soon. meet at the 3 palm trees.
cost: $5, free if you have a bladers passport, $10 to buy a bladers passport
prizes: 1st: beyblade or battle gear (hasbro, contents to be confirmed)
2nd: left over of 1st
3rd: beyblade keyring
all placed get a certificate.
Format: Round Robin Block
judges: Giraton, swany10, rayquazonX
people confirmed: Giraton, Swany10, rayquazonX, bryanchaos3, jordynchoas3, ky, bipod, J!NX
maybe: Robsta, TDGX, nova driger, sucks, wraith
Reserved: none
i hope you can join us for this tournament. we need at least 8 people confirmed and max is 32.

updates:
please pm mobile numbers so i can confirm that you are acturly going on the day. i will reply with my number so you can contact me anytime (excluding school times) incase you want updates or other things that you may like to ask.

all beyblades and beyblade gear you use in the tournament must go under a strict appraisal to see if they are fake, worn or tampered with against the the rules. all parts and gear will go in a tub for collection after the tournament. replacement parts, launches and full beys will be supplied if needed. not all parts can be replaced, but the closest thing i have will be given.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Hey I want to come to this tournament but I dont really like Beyblade much anymore so this may be my last
I will probably be coming to sell most of my Beyblades Unhappy
It would be interesting to go to a tournament organized by you giraton hehehe
My name used to be Korji btw
thank you bipod/korji, the more the better. oh, tell me on facebook what you are selling, might skip a new vanguard deck for anything interesting. 1 more confirmed person before i put up the request to make it official. tell your friends.
(Mar. 26, 2012  6:43 AM)Swany10 Wrote: Kai V ask chups or a member of the prodigies, presumably daniel aka Novae Rog. Novae Rog and Omega are like bosom buddies... Im pretty sure they would be able to contact omega...

Novae Rog just told me that Omega had had to get a surgery for his appendix and that he was recovering, but obviously the recovery is finished now.
(Mar. 26, 2012  3:17 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Mar. 26, 2012  6:43 AM)Swany10 Wrote: Kai V ask chups or a member of the prodigies, presumably daniel aka Novae Rog. Novae Rog and Omega are like bosom buddies... Im pretty sure they would be able to contact omega...

Novae Rog just told me that Omega had had to get a surgery for his appendix and that he was recovering, but obviously the recovery is finished now.

So where does this put us in relashionship to Omega?
Currently, he is a fraud.
(Mar. 27, 2012  5:22 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Currently, he is a fraud.

That's what i thought when i heard about this, but if his surgery was after his visit to Sri Lanka, then these payments would be the last thing on his mind, and is quite a reasonable excuse, as i have had a friend who could never sit down, in bed for 2 weeks, and this can take quite a while to recover from.
As was posted, he and his friends made a new video and just posted it on their YouTube channel. My comment to him on the subject was also removed. Such operations usually only take a few weeks of recovery, so is really probably already recovered, and he apparently refuses to even reply to us, so he will probably never send us anything ...
(Mar. 27, 2012  5:41 AM)Kai-V Wrote: As was posted, he and his friends made a new video and just posted it on their YouTube channel. My comment to him on the subject was also removed. Such operations usually only take a few weeks of recovery, so is really probably already recovered, and he apparently refuses to even reply to us, so he will probably never send us anything ...

This i have to agree with you. You could also contact him through his beyblade prodigies channel, i will try and post a link soon, he has added one video in the past two months, so he still cares about beyblade. I have to agree with you that he is seeming more and more of a fraud with his latest actions.
why don't you make a topic or something to get people to help find omega, cause this is straying off the topic. on topic, i still need more numbers for those going, i only got 2.
Ok Gira, put me down as attending
done hades. we have enough now. ill send the proposal tommorow, i don't have access to a computer right now and it's bedtime for me. yippee.
(Mar. 21, 2012  7:20 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Seriously, if anybody knows Omega in person, has his phone number, whatever, tell him to send what he owes us already.

I know Omega personally

Will send him a message and see what he has to say. He's a great bloke and has done a lot for the Australian community I'm doubtful he would pack up and run so to speak. Like most teenagers he probably has a lot going on and his interest in beyblade has decreased.
I do want to believe in Omega, and at this point we would probably be ready to just accept the results without the money, but at the same time, the matter with the money is potentially illegal and could be a crime ... In the beginning of February, he genuinely seemed to want to send us everything though.

It is not my intent to hijack this topic, but the matter is our biggest priority at the moment, and a lot of you are affected because you do not have your Blader Passports or Beypoints, and we need to make sure that Omega either will send everything to us or will never do it before we could process this future tournament.
(Mar. 28, 2012  1:07 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It is not my intent to hijack this topic, but the matter is our biggest priority at the moment, and a lot of you are affected because you do not have your Blader Passports or Beypoints, and we need to make sure that Omega either will send everything to us or will never do it before we could process this future tournament.

ah ok, i see, but yea, why don't you make another topic, it would get more people to pay attention to this problem and help more.

Ill create a thread, should i call it- Where is Omega?
Is this tourney official yet?
still working on that hades, we are working out a few things before making it official to make sure it will run smoothly. ill post a message when it is 100% official.
Ok thanks dude. And 8 people aren't going to get us very far, pm all Melbourne posters, or people that have attended tourneys in Melbourne.
ive done a bit of that, but noone has replyed because no melbourne blader comes on anymore. i just found out there is a toys-R-us tournament at northland on the same day. if i go at 10, it will finish before 11, then i will take the train streight to the tournament so i may be up to 15 minutes late to sighn up, but i will be there.
(Apr. 02, 2012  6:32 AM)Giraton Wrote: ive done a bit of that, but noone has replyed because no melbourne blader comes on anymore. i just found out there is a toys-R-us tournament at northland on the same day. if i go at 10, it will finish before 11, then i will take the train streight to the tournament so i may be up to 15 minutes late to sighn up, but i will be there.

You seriously going to a toys r us tournament? They don't have any prizes and you will vs a bunch of 5 year-olds. You should just buy the prizes from there. I can contribute my mint Hades Kerbecs as a prize, but it is already opened so..., and hat thing cost me about 8 hours of beyhunting at least, and $15 so i'm not too willing to part with it.
there is apparently giveaways, prizes and a 20% discount on stealth battlers for those who go to the toys-R-us tournament plus i can get more members for the WBO and maybe the tournament there and i get to show-off my skills to those 5 year olds and beat the carp out of them. my brother is also going with phantom so ill get some training before the real tournament. ive been thinking of prizes and i decided on:
1st: beyblade or battle gear
2nd: remaining 1st prize
3rd: beyblade keychain
all get a certificate. hades could be suitable as the beyblade prize, it is a good bey.
(Apr. 02, 2012  7:07 AM)Giraton Wrote: there is apparently giveaways, prizes and a 20% discount on stealth battlers for those who go to the toys-R-us tournament plus i can get more members for the WBO and maybe the tournament there and i get to show-off my skills to those 5 year olds and beat the carp out of them. my brother is also going with phantom so ill get some training before the real tournament. ive been thinking of prizes and i decided on:
1st: beyblade or battle gear
2nd: remaining 1st prize
3rd: beyblade keychain
all get a certificate. hades could be suitable as the beyblade prize, it is a good bey.

Have you seen hades in your area? I've only seen them in rural shopping centres, i got mine from Geelong. What bey are you awarding? The certificates are a nice idea-like it. And although stealth battlers can be fun, wouldn't it be simpler to give 20% off normal beys- the stealth battlers must be making pretty poor profits. ANd i i thought 4D beys were, illgal, im prety sure the parents would complain if you owned their children- then again, it would be pretty funny if you lost.
ive seen 5 hades in k-mart once, gone by the next week. i don't really care if parents complain if i beat their kids at the toys are us, if they do ill do one of my infamous beyblade lectures to help their children become better, plus we only have 1 4D bey and thats my brother's so he is using that, and this is a free tournament, they are lending beys and letting people my age to enter so i would think they will allow 4Ds. if i lose, then thats either means the kid is good, i made a misstake or im just no good in hasbro stadiums (though i know how to fight in them, i got an army of stamina types waiting for those kiddies. i am not sure what bey i am awarding, nether the battle gear (though it's either a rev-up launcher or quick realese case). i think they are giving discounts on stealth battlers because they are new.
(Apr. 02, 2012  7:35 AM)Giraton Wrote: ive seen 5 hades in k-mart once, gone by the next week. i don't really care if parents complain if i beat their kids at the toys are us, if they do ill do one of my infamous beyblade lectures to help their children become better, plus we only have 1 4D bey and thats my brother's so he is using that, and this is a free tournament, they are lending beys and letting people my age to enter so i would think they will allow 4Ds. if i lose, then thats either means the kid is good, i made a misstake or im just no good in hasbro stadiums (though i know how to fight in them, i got an army of stamina types waiting for those kiddies. i am not sure what bey i am awarding, nether the battle gear (though it's either a rev-up launcher or quick realese case). i think they are giving discounts on stealth battlers because they are new.

I don't think they can even tell the difference between 4D and normal MFB, back on topic, you could give them the WBO cards, and tell there parents about our community.
exactly, meaning more kids for tournaments and a growing victorian beyblade community. more on topic, can anyone supply a beyblade or beyblade gear cause with my next payment i can only aford one of the 2 and maybe get a keyring.