[Manila, Philippines] BeyDay Thunderground, May 27, 2012

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

UPDATE!!! A PASSPORT-ONLY SIDE EVENT USING ZERO-G STADIUMS FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A BRAND NEW GUARDIAN REVIZER 130SB!!!

[Image: beyday-thunderground-albergus-small.jpg]

[Image: beyday-back-small.jpg]

BEYDAY THUNDERGROUND
May 27, Sunday, 2pm-6pm
Albergus Restaurant, Capitol Hills Drive
Old Balara Diliman, Quezon City

1. zionson
2. Atongits
3. bandoman
4. Juro Maximus
5. zrialkilla
6. joshjugo
7. ‎Marcoy
8. zargonator
9. JD Villafuerte**
10. FilipinoBlades

Standard Tournament Rules
Round Robin (below 12 players) or Round Robin Block Format (12 players and up)
Prize Support: Zero-G beyblades for Top 2 (or 3 if we get over 12 participants) finishers

SPECIAL BeyDay Raffle - Passport Holders get a chance to win a Zero-G beyblade!

**still need to register on WBO site

HELP SPREAD THE WORD! GET MORE PEOPLE TO JOIN THE TOURNAMENT!
THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO HELP:

FLYERS
1) Download the flyer PDF from the link below
2) Print it (back-to-back) on Letter size paper
3) Cut it into four pieces
4) Distribute at local tournaments!

Here's the local tournament schedule:
Toys R' Us Ermita –
May 19, 20, 26 and 27, 2012
Toys R' Us Galleria
Toytown Alabang

BEYDAY PHILIPPINES FLYER

FACEBOOK
1) Grab the images above
2) Share them on Facebook
3) Tag your friends who play the game!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(May. 23, 2012  2:34 PM)jiggy Wrote: I have one of those super control bey blade can I use it in the tournament its also original
or I will be out of the game till the game ends

Remote control beys are not legal for Standard tournament play, I'm afraid.
what about digital launchers launchers with a beypointer like the pegasis and l drago ver are they allowed
what about digital launchers launchers with a beypointer like the pegasis and l drago ver are they allowed
(May. 23, 2012  3:14 PM)Gamabunta Wrote: what about digital launchers launchers with a beypointer like the pegasis and l drago ver are they allowed
Yes.

thanks
is zerog beys now legal for standard tournaments.
(May. 24, 2012  2:57 AM)Gamabunta Wrote: is zerog beys now legal for standard tournaments.

We have made an announcement on this matter in the official BeyDays 2012 topic.
really ill read it
wow i cant imagine it finaly a proper tournament in phillipines P.S i cant find a decent sig maker here (sory for the of topic post)
can i change the parts of the bey blade during the game??
(May. 26, 2012  12:30 PM)jiggy Wrote: can i change the parts of the bey blade during the game??
Not during a beybattle. You can change between matches/opponents.
can i change my bey blade for example im using d wolf then i wil use unicorn
(May. 26, 2012  11:29 PM)jiggy Wrote: can i change my bey blade for example im using d wolf then i wil use unicorn
No, apparently. because the tournament doesn't use a deck system. You must use one beyblade per beybattle.
so megablader codedblader and the hentist won huh.
(May. 27, 2012  1:38 PM)Gamabunta Wrote: so megablader codedblader and the hentist won huh.
that's correct! congratulations to the winners! will be uploading results and pictures in a few hours.
The results are in! Congratulations to all participants! We had a great showing of 17 players of all ages, with some people coming in all the way from Batangas, which is over 100 km away from Manila! We're very pleased with the turnout of the event, considering the difficult venue and coinciding with three Bankee Tournaments (official distributor of Takara Tomy Beyblades) on the same day.

Major thanks to all the participants!

Mega Blader
TheHentist
Coded Blader
zionson
atongits
zargonica
chloejugo
bandoman
alfonsokian
joshjugo
Jiggy
Juro Maximus
zrialkilla
marcoy
taebak
Boy Pickup
TheFable

In the end, the Blader brothers Mega Blader and Coded Blader came away with first and second place, respectively. The brothers are veterans of local tourneys and even conduct their own open tournaments, which goes to show that experience counts! Third place went to TheHentist, another experienced Beyblade veteran who showed us his moves and his souped up launcher complete with LED sight.

The Winners
Showing off their prizes ... Mega Blader, who got to choose first, picked the safe bet Shinobi Saramanda SW145SD (you can tell he's just going for top-tier parts here!). His brother Coded Blader got to pick next and gambled with a Random Booster Vol. 1, Thief Phoenic E230GCF. We're not sure what he ended up getting, but we hope he got a rare pull! TheHentist was left with a Pirates Oroyja 145D, which suited him just fine since he was looking forward to getting that particular stamina bey, anyway! Congratulations to the winners!
[Image: beyday-winners.jpg]
L-R: TheHentist, Mega Blader, Coded Blader

The Top Four
Special shout out goes to Zargonica, who narrowly missed a prize finish by making the top four but getting outclassed by more experienced players. This one is for girl bladers everywhere!
[Image: beyday-topfour.jpg]
L-R: Zargonica, TheHentist, Mega Blader, Coded Blader

Zero-G Winner
We also held a side event for a Guardian Revizer 160SB, using both Zero-G Attack Type and Defense Type stadiums! The side event was intended for Passport Holders only, but we decided to open up the event so more people could join in on the fun! There were a brother and sister pair who didn't make it to the main event (they attended a Bankee Tournament first and followed after) and joined in. A total of sixteen players participated in the Zero-G side event, which was a Double Elimination format where players would get to play at least 2 games per match in either an Attack Type or Defense Type stadium.

It was a thrilling event with seven-year old joshjugo going undefeated all the way until the Finals and meeting up with six-year old alfonsokian, who took the long route after joshjugo defeated him in an earlier round. It was sweet revenge for alfonsokian who also lost to joshjugo in the regular tournament round, winning 3-0 (2 in Attack Type, 1 in Defense Type), to take home the newest Zero-G beyblade.

*As a side note, the youngsters who emerged in the finals actually owned Zero-G beys and stadiums, which indicates that some experience with the format helped, allowing them to beat out the regular tourney veterans!
[Image: beyday-sideevent-win.jpg]
alfonsokian is all smiles with his new Guardian Revizer 130SB

The Participants
A great big thanks to everyone who helped make the event a success. We'd like to give our thanks to Albergus Catering/La Piazza Events Village for generously lending us their space and even providing refreshments such as iced tea and pastries to all participants! Our hosts were absolutely gracious, even lending the use of their PA system and had staff attend to us. We had participants of all ages, from the young (a four-year old girl) to the ancient (her dad ... me!).
[Image: beyday-group-shot.jpg]
L-R*: zrialkilla, zargonica, marcoy (back row), chloejugo, TheHentist, Coded Blader, joshjugo, Mega Blader, alfonsokian, atongits (back), bandoman, Boy Pickup (kneeling) TheFable and zionson (back), Juro Maximus, taebak

*we were missing Jiggy, who had to leave early because of the long trip back home.

CONGRATULATIONS PHILIPPINE BLADERS! THANKS FOR HELPING MAKE THE EVENT A SUCCESS! SEE YOU GUYS IN JUNE!
I didn't put SPOILER tags in the pictures because it's just so much nicer to read the whole recap with pictures already.
congrats to all the winners.
Congratulations to the organizers for the very fun event! Hope to see more games like this in the future. Allan, Sandro and Sabine.
This seemed like a really fun tournament. I am certain that people in the Philippines can appreciate such small events once in a while, compared to Bankee(?)'s busy tournaments.
(May. 28, 2012  2:22 AM)Sandbites Wrote: Congratulations to the organizers for the very fun event! Hope to see more games like this in the future. Allan, Sandro and Sabine.
Thanks for joining, guys! Too bad you didn't make it to the main tournament, but we hope you had fun during the Zero-G side event!
(May. 28, 2012  2:40 AM)Kai-V Wrote: This seemed like a really fun tournament. I am certain that people in the Philippines can appreciate such small events once in a while, compared to Bankee(?)'s busy tournaments.

Bankee tournaments are quick, single elimination events that are over very quickly. they hold tournaments very often, every Sat-Sun at multiple venues. only Season 2 beys and earlier. it's great training, though, obviously, because the winners are all trained in that system. and of course even Neil, who wins lots of them on a regular basis.
on behalf of my son, alfonso, i would like to thank and congratulate everyone behind the staging of this fun BeyDay event for a job well done. My son can't still get over seeing his picture posted on this site. He keeps on telling his friends and family alike to go to this site and look at his pic. Haaaay.....kids
It was nice meeting you all! Fun fun fun day for everybody!

alfonsokian, your son's really cute! Tell him to join our facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/303167936429487/
I'm sure he'll tell everybody to look at his photo there also haha!

Hope to see you all again soon!
It looks like you guys had a great time. I'm really glad that Philippines finally had their first successful WBO Tournament.

If you guys are feeling generous, please feel free to share the winning combos used Smile
its ok i dont win the prize but i have fun
glad to know every had a good time and have fun i also like to thank mr.zionson for organizing this event and im also happy because i had my first face.
(May. 28, 2012  7:47 AM)Uwik Wrote: If you guys are feeling generous, please feel free to share the winning combos used Smile
I totally dropped the ball on this one ... we had planned to take down everybody's beys for data, but we just never managed to do it as the competition heated up. I really, really wanted to learn from it myself, but I guess we got caught up with just having fun.

It's definitely on our to-do list for the next tournament.