[Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around?

But a lot of people would need a time range that the tournament would start so they could confirm their attendance. In case people have prior engagements at different times during the day and/or have to travel and such. I'm not asking for the exact time, just a time range. That will help people confirm their attendance.
(Sep. 01, 2010  3:46 AM)kngoftherng Wrote: But a lot of people would need a time range that the tournament would start so they could confirm their attendance. In case people have prior engagements at different times during the day and/or have to travel and such. I'm not asking for the exact time, just a time range. That will help people confirm their attendance.
I do not know if MorningMess had imagined a 'time range', but I think starting the tournament at one o' clock in the afternoon, with everybody having arrived slightly before so they are all on time, is the best option. Depending on the number of participants, it could take two or three hours, I suppose.
Hmm you have a good point. Since I'm going to be also going to the festival, you guys would have to keep checking back for times because I can't tell you exact time since I'll be hopping back and forth from the tournament to the actual festival. Just keep checking back. And I'll have something worked out.
Hmm maybe since the tournament will conflict with my personal time I want to spend going around the anime fest, I might just make the tournament on Sunday, October 10. We could set up stuff around 1 and start things around 1:30.
i suggest that if we could try to get a wbo tournament hosted at the toysrus in time square or this place called the roseland ballroom they host many things in the roseland ballroom
the roseland ballroom is on 52nd st i think
um forget about my last 2 posts on this topic didn't think any1 replied
The thing is, I'm utilizing the Anime Fest to get spectators and maybe get some new people into beyblade and make them join the site.
Thats a great idea morining mess but i really do think saturday is a much better day for a tournaments i like the idea of the 1 30 time or even 1 but i do think saturday is easiest for the majority of people
I Agree that Saturday would be the best day. Since we won't have to worry about classes the next day.
Yeah thats an excellent point, school nights arent makable for alot of people if we want this to be a big outcome because even if noone says it New York is a big place we propably have the most bladers out of anywhere we just have to get organized in a way where its comfortable for anyone to come
Im probably going to change the date then to a different Saturday since you guys dont like Sunday and because I want to have time to go to the Anime festival. Maybe the Saturday before or after the fest we can hold it? Im still going to hand out flyers there for more people to come.
(Sep. 01, 2010  10:08 PM)MorningMess Wrote: Im probably going to change the date then to a different Saturday since you guys dont like Sunday and because I want to have time to go to the Anime festival. Maybe the Saturday before or after the fest we can hold it? Im still going to hand out flyers there for more people to come.
Then the Saturday after the convention would be better, hah.
Loll yeah. I'm going to see if I can host it in the Toys R Us in Time Square.
why dont you do it next saturday
Because that's too soon for a tournament. They're not easy to set up. And getting people that aren't going to participate in the tournament to watch over the battles and keep score isn't easy on such short notice. And there's also so much conflict on where people would unanimously agree to hold it.
yeah i think a saturday would be a great idea maybe even in november close to the holiday when it gets less busy and hectic
ok then it just that i wanted to go to a tourney b4 school started i start sep. 9
Hmm maybe I'll hold it sometime around October. In the mean time, we could all just meet up anytime and have a few battles. Not a full on tournament and also get to see who's who.
Hey ya I live in Philadepha PA and maybe sometime I might go up to Newyork and battle with you guys.
Okay so the people who might go so far is.. Jyankeefan13, kngoftherng, Erasho Simmons and I think Garadarkmaster also..?
I'll go.
Is that a definite?
I can tell you if I'm definitely going to be there and how many friends I can bring once a date for the tournament is decided on. But for now, there's a strong chance I will be there and will have friends with me.
Okay. I'm going to visit the Toys R Us in Time Square sometime next week or something. Try to bring a good ring also if you can or ask some of your friends if they can bring a ring also.
Depending on when the tournament takes place I may have 1 or 2 attack stadiums so I can bring them. I can also bring my PTW stadium and my super attack stadium for free play. Who else has attack stadiums?
I'm buying an attack stadium.