[Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around?

Well, this is a Manhattan meet up thread. Soo yeah it is kind'a out'a the picture cuz 3/4ths of the people posting here live in the Manhattan area.
yeah while i do understand your point morning mess we may be able to be a little leniant as long as the place ends up being near to manhatten as possible but i do like the idea of a meetup
Well anywhere in the 5 boroughs is fine with me. As long as I can access the train and stuff.
yeah i completely agree i know lots of places in areas like staten island and maybe even brooklyn
Staten Island might be a bit far for me.. Well it also depends on how deep you're going. I might just find like a small toy store in Manhattan around the village.
If it goes in further than Manhattan I can't come. Don't want to drive that far into the city.
So which borough would be convenient for you then?
I live upstate. I just don't want to have to drive deep into NYC.
Manhattan is probably the most convenient for you then. You might have to probably talk with the other people also because it seems like we all have to adjust just for you, even though you're not the thread maker. I'm just saying.
why don't you go to the toysrus in times square or the roseland ballroom they host many things there
That's a pretty good idea, but most likely, the Toys R Us in Time Square might be expecting a whole mob of players. I could try to go sometime before school starts, but I would need a bit more information on who's going and need a time that everyone is okay with.
(Aug. 29, 2010  8:23 AM)MorningMess Wrote: Manhattan is probably the most convenient for you then. You might have to probably talk with the other people also because it seems like we all have to adjust just for you, even though you're not the thread maker. I'm just saying.
If it's that big of a problem for you guys then I just won't attend and that will lower the total number of attendees by three or four. I really don't care all that much. I was just thinking that you would want more people to attend.

And I did make my own thread but I guess Kai-V thinks that everyone in New York is close to each other.
(Aug. 29, 2010  6:19 PM)kngoftherng Wrote: And I did make my own thread but I guess Kai-V thinks that everyone in New York is close to each other.
You will have more chances in finding somebody if you use one of the general New York topics ...

Also, I just noticed there was already a thread for Manhattan ...
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Manhttan-NY-please
But apparently they cannot spell.
(Aug. 29, 2010  6:20 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2010  6:19 PM)kngoftherng Wrote: And I did make my own thread but I guess Kai-V thinks that everyone in New York is close to each other.
You will have more chances in finding somebody if you use one of the general New York topics ...

Also, I just noticed there was already a thread for Manhattan ...
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Manhttan-NY-please
But apparently they cannot spell.
There is no general topic for the state of New York though. There are a few for different regions of NY which I do not fall into or live a reasonable distance from. Yet there are multiple threads regarding the same regions in Canada. Just my observation.
(Aug. 29, 2010  6:19 PM)kngoftherng Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2010  8:23 AM)MorningMess Wrote: Manhattan is probably the most convenient for you then. You might have to probably talk with the other people also because it seems like we all have to adjust just for you, even though you're not the thread maker. I'm just saying.
If it's that big of a problem for you guys then I just won't attend and that will lower the total number of attendees by three or four. I really don't care all that much. I was just thinking that you would want more people to attend.

And I did make my own thread but I guess Kai-V thinks that everyone in New York is close to each other.

It's not a big problem. And it's really your call if you want to attend or not. I'm trying to make it convenient for everyone in the New York City area. That's why I said you'd have to talk to the other people. Because I do see where you're coming from that you have your limits to how far you would want to go for good reasons. Same for me that I won't travel to upstate. But what I'm trying to say is that if you're going to post on here and try to convince everyone to move it to a place more close to you and not in the specified area that the topic name was, maybe you could wait just a little bit longer for more people in your area that are a lot closer to you to get into Beyblade and hold a meet up or something.
(Aug. 29, 2010  6:25 PM)kngoftherng Wrote: There is no general topic for the state of New York though. There are a few for different regions of NY which I do not fall into or live a reasonable distance from. Yet there are multiple threads regarding the same regions in Canada. Just my observation.
http://worldbeyblade.org/search.php?acti...order=desc

Also, something actually happens a lot in Canada. The difference in activity is what motivates all these topics. If at least one tournament was organised somewhere around New York like they used to be (but most failed), then perhaps it would be worthwhile to create more threads.

Québec is a much bigger region than New York, yet the main topic is for Montréal, because it is useless to try to gather a lot of interest elsewhere since that is the main location where it is easier for people to drive to.
ok well from what ive been saying it seems manhattan would be the most feasable place for there to be a meeting in a place thats so big and diverse like New York so i think that may be the best idea.
Yeah I was wondering what about Newjersy or Philadephia,or Bluebell lol
Well if you want to find bladers in the New Jersey or Pennsylvania area you can search them up or use the map. This is a Manhattan, New York thread. c:
Hey guys I have an important notice from you guys who are in the Manhattan area and want to meet up for battles and such.

If you are serious about having a meet up in the Manhattan area, please PM me or post it here. I'm planning on holding a Beyblade tournament in this years New York Anime Festival in the Jacob Javits Convention center in Manhattan. You don't have to pay the entrance fee to enter the Anime Fest. I'm going to try and hold it in the lobby or around the center where anyone can access it. Once again, you don't have to pay the Anime Fest entrance fee just to be in the tournament. However, if you want to go to the Fest, tickets for Saturday are $40 and Sunday is $30. I plan on having the tournament on both days since I don't have school. But I can't make it official until I have at least 8 people who are confirmed that they will go. If anyone wants to help me set up the whole thing, feel free to PM me also. I plan on making flyers and such for anyone to come, not just strictly people from the WBO. So yeah just PM me or post in this thread if you're interested in participating in a New York tournament. I really want this to happen since there have been very few New York tournaments that haven't failed. If you want to know more, PM me please.
I think this is a great idea but when will this be and depending on this i will either be a posssible or definite attendee
The event is October 8-10. Since MorningMess said it would be on Saturday and Sunday that means the tournament will be on the 9th and 10th of October.
Yeah I'm just making it convenient for the people that have school.
When will you have the details finalized? Like the times and such?
I will start to plan everything else as soon as I have 8 confirmed people that are definitely going. Once there are 8 or more, then I can start planning more because if I plan everything up now without the required number of people going, it might just not work because I'm giving myself and everyone else false hope of it actually going through. Get what I'm saying?