MLMPPCRTTH: The Final Counter

(May. 31, 2011  5:26 AM)Galaxy4ever Wrote: Simple name yes, we should move on to a name almost related to your/ours combo like "Time Rook" with little details in thread/title to make things clear

No, only the actual customization, no more names, no exceptions.
(May. 31, 2011  5:41 AM)Kai-V Wrote: No, only the actual customization, no more names, no exceptions.

Hmm. So this means immediate closure of threads with "unique named combinations" and warnings to those thread starters as of now?
Agreed completely, Kai-V. If we do that (and maybe get people to change current threads to match), then it'll stop current nicknames. I only use them because people recognise "LT/MM" better than "MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF/MF Meteo L Drago CH120XF", and sometimes because my phone is playing up/force of habit. I'll stop now, though, seeing as it sets a bad example.
It'd need to be publicised, but there's not much reason to wait and do one single clean up (see my suggestions in state of the customisation forum for my thoughts on other things related to that), getting the ball rolling asap instead of letting the forum sink further is IMO the.best option. That said, I'm not here to tell you how to do your job :p
(May. 26, 2011  11:48 PM)Bluezee Wrote:
(May. 26, 2011  11:24 PM)th!nk Wrote: Sorry Deikailo, I saw people using it as a nickname previously. My bad. I've edited my most recent post.
You know I respect you, and I know you're annoyed at Bluezee. It's ridiculous to claim this isn't a jab at him, though. The "ending the current metagame" is just one example. Please, stop playing dumb.

Even if it were a working combo, this isn't the way to go about countering the hubris in a lot of new combo threads. There are better ways to do that. This is just childish.

Wolfblade, Deikailo, I've justified my behaviour. The whole point of the thread is to insult another member, so apparently it's okay to do it in threads, or at least this thread now. Even if the combo is somehow good, the rest of the posts around it have been jabs at Bluezee, so apparently, expressing that kind of view here is fine.
My posts since then have only been to justify that post.

That said, I'll take it to PM's, as I always say.

LOL they wont do that. You are right in every way. So thank you th!nk, Dan, and everyone else for defending me against this ignorance. Honestly, I found this to be funny because just reading what the combo consisted of, I knew it was garbage. I tested Dragon Punisher against it and it was MURDERED. I didnt bother wasting my time testing the others.

Also, what I find the MOST funny about this whole thing is the amount of people who believed it and the people who made "counters" look even more dumb for supporting this combo because he dubbed it "Final Counter". Know what that means? YOUR COUNTERS WERE GARBAGE AND OBSELETE. It is pretty much a slap in your face. Didn't even bother to realize that before you went jumping on the bandwagon of "Kei's fan brigade" (which is in nicer words for what I want to say) did you? LOL.

I would take time to individual state each person and how they looked like complete idiots in this topic but that would waste my time. I will say this though. Before you go and kiss the feet of something that is clearly horrible, think about where you stand and if you could compare to me at all in terms of skill, creativity, and success. Until then, get a life.

you're taking a spinning top game originally made for children way too seriously. if anything, you should "get a life"
(May. 31, 2011  5:41 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 31, 2011  5:26 AM)Galaxy4ever Wrote: Simple name yes, we should move on to a name almost related to your/ours combo like "Time Rook" with little details in thread/title to make things clear

No, only the actual customization, no more names, no exceptions.

Damn.
I really liked the title scheme of -'name of combination' combination parts!-. Though people are taking it severely out of hand, and I must admit I didn't include MF Basalt Aquario/Kerbecs 230MF/WF in its title.. It was clever at least. Libruhhh
@sk,YES, let's drag up posts from a week ago to provoke the poster. That is a brilliant idea. Screw the constructive discussion we were havong, let's get back to the b**chfest. Uncertain

Dan, while I liked creative thread names, it's gotten out of hand, I must admit that in the "lightning tank" thread, it wasn't easy to find the combo. Threads since, like the recently discussed "aquatic devil" (imo the worst offender, and written since this thread) have taken this as an example. I'm afraid that a few bad eggs have spoiled it for the rest of us (though, this also addresses the ownership thing).
(May. 31, 2011  7:10 PM)th!nk Wrote: @sk,YES, let's drag up posts from a week ago to provoke the poster. That is a brilliant idea. Screw the constructive discussion we were havong, let's get back to the b**chfest. Uncertain

i didn't see this thread untill today (someone linked me to it), besides the post i quoted is for 4 days old. its not from "weeks ago". why do you even care though? was i talking to you?
It doesn't matter, you brought up something which was already discussed and concluded. That will lead to more argument.
26+x=31, x=31-26, x=5. (lol) 5 days, not 4 as you posted. That is a work week so he wasn't wrong, really.
I like using nicknames for combos in the title along with the combination's parts. I mean, the community has been doing that for the past 7-9 years anyway, why stop now? I think it gets ridiculous when it is projected to be omnipotent and the parts are not as recognizable as the name. If the names make sense, it's cool. Like "tank" is now commonly used for BD145 combos so we can identify it as a BD145 combo.

I'd rather not say "Bluezee likes using Lightning L Drago BD145LRF and used Lightning L Drago BD145LRF in round ___". It's just easier to call it "Lightning Tank". Kind of like how if you're ordering a chicken parm, you don't say bread, chicken, cheese, and sauce. You say "chicken parm".
same here. the names are getting a LITTLE lame and hard to remember. lt and mm are easy to remember, the actual parts are not, unless you live under a rock and spend 23 hours each day memorizing the parts to all your "beast" combos. I can barely even remember all the beyblades that I have, let alone the parts! (I have like 25 I think)
How are the parts hard to remember? BD (boost disk) 145 (height), WD (wide defense) HF/S (hole flat/sharp) th170 (triple height), etc. all make perfect sense once you pick up the part.
The only excuse you have is laziness.

Names were used in the past because Bakuten Shoot Beyblade's naming system was absolutely horrible, in my opinion. Metal Fight Beyblade's is so easy that it really needs to stop, at least the way it has been done recently.
How does it have to stop being easy? Lips_sealed
As in, the current naming system is so easy, we don't need the nicknames used for plastic/HMS series combos.
Just wanted to point out I was the first one to actually acknowledge this, aha. While we are on the topic of horrible names, things like Moo Moo Hurricane were OK, at least they weren't put in the title and used excessively, but rather, things like Aquatic Devil have just gone way too f***ing out of hand. I hate it when I open up a thread with some g*y sh*t name, and find the combo is something sh!tty and is started off with incoherent testing. I hate threads like this, its just a little comforting when someone like Bluezee says this though, as I know his combos aren't BS... STatus symbol thing, you either have it or you don't.

That said, I haven't complained until now because it was all fairly amusing, watching you guys rant about something that could've been easily solved by some Mod who goes around every Christmas night, to every thread in the customization forum and delivering peace an organization to the title. It's not that hard to settle something like this really.

No need to post in the state of customization forums now, but while we are also on the topic on what subtly the custom forum has been lacking lately, is the amount of incoherent testing. Look over your combo, think, will it beat anything else? Once your sure its goo to go and won't be flamed by too many members an you don't have the equipment necessary to fulfill testing or suck at shooting, like BBS, no offense, then you can post it in the parts testing requests forum, hope that someone like me will come across it and do them for you. However, post a crappy combo and keep requesting it as no one is willing to troll as well, then do not do so as I believe it should be made a rule, don't do so or you will be warned.

Libruhhh
You're completely correct, though I'd suggest you might want to tone the language down, is breaking da rulez Tongue_out
The correct thread naming thing has begun, though it doesn't seem to have been announced (which I'd suggest).

Still, I honestly cannot get over Aquatic Devil. It is a better parody of ALL the issues in this forum than this thread could hope to be, and it's not even sarcastic. Uncertain

The mods have been good with the warnings, especially in "Parts Testing Requests", I must say. Most of the time, the reason stuff isn't deleted/people warned is because no one reports it, apparently.
(Jun. 01, 2011  11:20 AM)Mushy Wrote: Just wanted to point out I was the first one to actually acknowledge this, aha. While we are on the topic of horrible names, things like Moo Moo Hurricane were OK, at least they weren't put in the title and used excessively, but rather, things like Aquatic Devil have just gone way too f***ing out of hand. I hate it when I open up a thread with some g*y sh*t name, and find the combo is something sh!tty and is started off with incoherent testing. I hate threads like this, its just a little comforting when someone like Bluezee says this though, as I know his combos aren't BS... STatus symbol thing, you either have it or you don't.

That said, I haven't complained until now because it was all fairly amusing, watching you guys rant about something that could've been easily solved by some Mod who goes around every Christmas night, to every thread in the customization forum and delivering peace an organization to the title. It's not that hard to settle something like this really.

No need to post in the state of customization forums now, but while we are also on the topic on what subtly the custom forum has been lacking lately, is the amount of incoherent testing. Look over your combo, think, will it beat anything else? Once your sure its goo to go and won't be flamed by too many members an you don't have the equipment necessary to fulfill testing or suck at shooting, like BBS, no offense, then you can post it in the parts testing requests forum, hope that someone like me will come across it and do them for you. However, post a crappy combo and keep requesting it as no one is willing to troll as well, then do not do so as I believe it should be made a rule, don't do so or you will be warned.

Libruhhh

I completely agree with you, Mushy. On topic of the Parts testing requests thingy, I think you are correct, but for many this treatment might prove out to be harsh, you know....
A quote from your post- 'However, post a crappy combo and keep requesting it as no one is willing to troll as well, then do not do so as I believe it should be made a rule, don't do so or you will be warned'.

This, is something, which I don't think to be a correct decision..... Yes, we have to stop people from posting CARP combos, but you know, there are people like- "my combo is the best!" etc... When we investigate more further, we see that these people are either new, or they are......say, dumb. Let me give you an example, in which I'll present to you 2 cases.
The plot is, say, I posted a carp combo in parts testing-
CASE STUDY 1- (Please do not misunderstand the bolded text. I am not giving it much emphasis, but just highlighting it...)
Janstarblast- Can anyone test Poison Scorpio BD145Q? Its really awesome because it has BD145! It also defeated Basalt Horogium!
Mushy- Sorry but this is a bad combo, and we don't wanna waste our time on it....
Janstarblast-OK, fine! Sorry!

This one proves that the requester didn't know much, and posted without knowing what to do. So, it'll be a bad decision to warn this guy. It'd be like punishing a baby for throwing a toy. Stupid

CASE STUDY 2-
Janstarblast- Can anyone test Poison Scorpio BD145Q? Its really awesome because it has BD145! It also defeated Basalt Horogium!
Mushy- Sorry but this is a bad combo, and we don't wanna waste our time on it....
Janstarblast- Shut up! You know nothing! You didn't even test it! I have won 100 matches with it!

This one proves that the requester argued with the answerer, even after he was notified that his combo is bad. Such people should be, and have to be warned. If at all the requester replies politely, we must not warn him, but PM him, and explain why his combo is bad. If the argument continues even after you PMed him, you have full right to warn him. Stupid

No offense at all! I am just trying to highlight the text with bold. I hope my point is made clear! Stupid

P.S- I am not th!nk! Just that I do post long replies at times.....

THE JUSTICE CAPER! Libruhhh
I agree with you Janstarblast...most people here are indeed unknown to what is happening...e.g. my friend once said that my BBP and Galaxy Pegasis would easily defeat any of his beys...whereas the actual thing is that BBP is one of the big let-downs in case beyblading at least for me..so we better go for PMs for people who keep arguing and for people who are unknown..well we better not do much than telling them that their combo isn't too good. But I have one suggestion in case of arguers...we can report their posts if they say that their bey which isnt really a good one has defeated 100 or so beys...that should be an option of reporting(fake or false posts)...to ward of such nuisances into making other people to think that such useless combos can actually beat so many beys.
Hey, both Kei and Mushy have made longer posts than any of mine in this thread afaik Tongue_out I've been working on condensing things Tongue_out

But yeah, despite the fact we have a sign at the top of the forum saying "if we tell you your combo is bad, we're probably right" or the like, people continue.

I also think this whole "substitution" thing needs to be clarified with people. They say "What's a good substitute for [part]", and often, if you're not using the right parts, you're better off using a different combo. I don't know, but if we ever make a full posting guide around here, that's gotta be emphasised.

Also, Samkul95, big bang isn't a bad wheel, it's actually pretty good, considering most right spin wheels can't manage 10% against Basalt, it's not bad in a number of combo's. 100RF isn't one of them, though *cough*aquaticdevil*cough*. Even F: D has some use in MF Gravity Perseus F: D. So don't be too let down, just find a use for it, and keep it in perspective (consider how extreme our metagame is now).

If people post bad combo's and don't justify them, use the report post button. It's against the thread rules for our testing threads, and mods generally delete/warn stuff, but they can't do that if they don't know it's there.
i just skimmed through the last few posts, and for the part about people askng to test bad combos

Quote:However, there is another problem with this forum. There is generally a distinct sense of arrogance here; members are often flippant and dismissive of suggestions, which is extremely discouraging. I’m not calling anyone out in particular over this – in fact, I’m more than guilty of this on more than one occasion. We should all do something about our attitude: if you see a new customisation, don’t just dismiss it immediately; perhaps try it out.

as a example

would you like to just be told "it is bad, dont you no anything" or to have the person take the time to do tests to show that it is bad?

which one would you rather have done to you? which one would make you feel better

of course for some combos people post it is obvious it doesn't need tests
also, the combo may be good, IIRC Deikailo unorthodox that people would dismiss as bad, yet they worked well
Except often they are ridiculously stupid combo's, and it's not worth peoples time to test them. If they justified why they thought it was worth testing, and that justification was more than "THERE MUST BE A USE FOR THIS TRASH WHEEL" or "THIS AVERAGE STAMINA/DEFENSE COMBO BEAT THIS ATTACK BEY IN A HASBRO STADIUM", then it would get tested/not be an issue. If people don't justify them, they break the rules of the thread, and waste everyone's time. Testing isn't as easy as you'd think, believe me. It's tiring, and looooong.
(Jun. 01, 2011  4:26 PM)th!nk Wrote: Except often they are ridiculously stupid combo's, and it's not worth peoples time to test them. If they justified why they thought it was worth testing, and that justification was more than "THERE MUST BE A USE FOR THIS TRASH WHEEL" or "THIS AVERAGE STAMINA/DEFENSE COMBO BEAT THIS ATTACK BEY IN A HASBRO STADIUM", then it would get tested/not be an issue. If people don't justify them, they break the rules of the thread, and waste everyone's time. Testing isn't as easy as you'd think, believe me. It's tiring, and looooong.
(Jun. 01, 2011  4:22 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: of course for some combos people post it is obvious it doesn't need tests
i agree with what you said, if they did give a good theory then i would test it

i have tested allot for the hasbro thread, mostly stamina, so i am well aware about how boring it is, also i am aware of how hard it is, ever try to get a combo to do a good flower pattern with F in a hasbro stadium . but still i prefer doing it over saying it is bad
If I see a truly excellent justification, I try and test things (though I don't always have time).
Sorry, I missed that sentence Tongue_out I should say, even if it isn't entirely obvious it's stupid, people honestly ignore the justification thing totally, even when I put "PLEASE JUSTIFY YOUR COMBO'S" in extra large, red, bold text, the next post is someone completely ignoring that.
(Jun. 01, 2011  2:28 AM)Kai-V Wrote: The only excuse you have is laziness.

Names were used in the past because Bakuten Shoot Beyblade's naming system was absolutely horrible, in my opinion. Metal Fight Beyblade's is so easy that it really needs to stop, at least the way it has been done recently.

How can I rember a hideous name like that?
and the combo where is it implimented?
Your post doesn't make sense, stevebak. Which hideous name and what combo?