MLMPPCRTTH: The Final Counter

(May. 26, 2011  11:42 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: also, this could be a lesson and not a attack

well i was right, but not in the exact way that i thought

and Kei: i agree with all you have said, thankyou for this reminder Smile

(May. 26, 2011  11:48 PM)Bluezee Wrote: Also, what I find the MOST funny about this whole thing is the amount of people who believed it and the people who made "counters" look even more dumb for supporting this combo because he dubbed it "Final Counter". Know what that means? YOUR COUNTERS WERE GARBAGE AND OBSELETE. It is pretty much a slap in your face. Didn't even bother to realize that before you went jumping on the bandwagon of "Kei's fan brigade" (which is in nicer words for what I want to say) did you? LOL.
(i just want to say that did not do what this quote says, i was just pointing out the fact that it might not be a joke)
Man, and they say I write long posts Tongue_out
I accept your apology, and apologise for being rude myself. I can't speak for bluezee though. I think he's got every right to be offended, a lot of the post took phrases he said and parodied them.

Again, I don't know if this was the best way to deal with it. I think a thread discussing it directly would've been a better approach. Just remember, you set an example for every other user here. "With great power, comes great responsibility" and all that.

I think it started with us naming combo's for thread titles, to get attention, and it grew from there. As I've said, I do find they make it easier to post, but yeah, I'll call combo's by their full names from now on.
Also I COMPLETELY agree on the whole "GET TO THE POINT" thing. Even Bolding the combo name is a step in the right direction, the first thing we should read when opening a thread is the Combo.
May I suggest that be a rule of some kind?

I still think people who bother to share combo's and do loads of testing on them deserve some respect. How much respect is debatable. I honestly think this is something we should discuss as a stand-alone issue, without dragging specific examples into it. That said, people seeing the person post the thread and saying thanks for sharing should be enough, for the most part.

And I suspect the people who believed your combo was real (hell, I did initially, until I noticed the Perseus CW mode changing thing, and other things, and put it together), did so because of your position. Because of that, I'm inclined to accept what you say as truth.

Bluezee No problem, I'd do it for anyone.
(May. 26, 2011  11:56 PM)th!nk Wrote: Again, I don't know if this was the best way to deal with it. I think a thread discussing it directly would've been a better approach. Just remember, you set an example for every other user here. "With great power, comes great responsibility" and all that.

personally i think it was a good way, as using a example is one of the best ways to give a lesson, and i do not think there could be a better example then what kei gave us

but we all have are own opinions XD
It is, but this is a professional organisation, and that's unprofessional. There are cases where parody is the best lesson, but speaking from my study of psychology, this isn't one of those cases. This is a case where it'll upset people and inspire reaction/anger etc.

And again, I certainly think it's not fair on Bluezee. There are better ways to do this, and this is definitely not how it's done. Again, speaking as a Psych student, it's completely counter productive to do this kind of thing.
Couldn't agree more lord Wolfblade.
(May. 26, 2011  11:59 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
(May. 26, 2011  11:56 PM)th!nk Wrote: Again, I don't know if this was the best way to deal with it. I think a thread discussing it directly would've been a better approach. Just remember, you set an example for every other user here. "With great power, comes great responsibility" and all that.

personally i think it was a good way, as using a example is one of the best ways to give a lesson, and i do not think there could be a better example then what kei gave us

And we all know you need to stay in the hasbro section of this board and never come out again. EVER. Using a whole thread for something like this is ridiculous. The "State of the Customization Forum" thread is for things like this..bet you didn't know that did you? Stop bandwagoning.
(May. 26, 2011  11:54 PM)Dan Wrote: I never thought of MF Lightning LDrago BD145RF/LRF being the 'successor' or whatever to MF Lightning LDrago CH120RF, if anything, it is closer to MF Lightning LDrago H145RF. In any case, it doesn't need to be contrived of something else..

LOL before I forget;
I really wanted to call you out on this combination the first 5 minutes I saw this, though honestly I couldn't do so because I know 'loyal' hordes of bandwagoners would begin to feast upon my post, ripping it up into pieces because the god known as 'Kei' has spoken. I know your not like that, but everyone else just jumps along a well-known person or one in the position of power which really impedes on free-thinking around here.

even though when ch120 Rf was the best IMO it wasnt cause it got beat by MF Rock Bull M145ES
(May. 27, 2011  12:03 AM)Bluezee Wrote:

And we all know you need to stay in the hasbro section of this board and never come out again. EVER. Using a whole thread for something like this is ridiculous. The "State of the Customization Forum" thread is for things like this..bet you didn't know that did you? Stop bandwagoning.

Ya know bluzee, that's pretty harsh. I like you, but now I think I see what people mean by your attitude. Also I'm going to laugh when lord Wolfblade makes a combo that can destroy whatever you have.
Or was that /sarcasm? I can never tell on forums.
(May. 26, 2011  11:54 PM)Dan Wrote: I never thought of MF Lightning LDrago BD145RF/LRF being the 'successor' or whatever to MF Lightning LDrago CH120RF, if anything, it is closer to MF Lightning LDrago H145RF. In any case, it doesn't need to be contrived of something else..

LOL before I forget;
I really wanted to call you out on this combination the first 5 minutes I saw this, though honestly I couldn't do so because I know 'loyal' hordes of bandwagoners would begin to feast upon my post, ripping it up into pieces because the god known as 'Kei' has spoken. I know your not like that, but everyone else just jumps along a well-known person or one in the position of power which really impedes on free-thinking around here.

I swear we need a "like" button for this..and the main culprit of bandwagoning and PERFECT example of this is..well look at the first post right beneath the opening. Could that not have been the best example of bandwagoning ever? I see where Kei is coming from...but this is low.
Sniper; What are you talking about...?
(May. 27, 2011  12:06 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote:
(May. 27, 2011  12:03 AM)Bluezee Wrote:

Ya know bluzee, that's pretty harsh. I like you, but now I think I see what people mean by your attitude. Also I'm going to laugh when lord Wolfblade makes a combo that can destroy whatever you have.
Or was that /sarcasm? I can never tell on forums.

So you just posted without even knowing if it was sarcasm or not? ...*sigh* ..please stop.
(May. 27, 2011  12:03 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: even though when ch120 Rf was the best IMO it wasnt cause it got beat by MF Rock Bull M145ES
I find that hard to believe.

Bluezee: Chill now, man, that was a bit harsh. Might've been applicable in the past, but Wolfblade does actually have a decent understanding of the game now. He was correct to ask for testing earlier.
Raigeko13, the "combo that destroys you" thing was kinda silly to say, Bluezee IS #3 for a reason.
(May. 27, 2011  12:07 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(May. 27, 2011  12:03 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: even though when ch120 Rf was the best IMO it wasnt cause it got beat by MF Rock Bull M145ES
I find that hard to believe.

Bluezee: Chill now, man, that was a bit harsh. Might've been applicable in the past, but Wolfblade does actually have a decent understanding of the game now. He was correct to ask for testing earlier.
Raigeko13, the "combo that destroys you" thing was kinda silly to say, Bluezee IS #3 for a reason.

Honestly, I feel like now should be my turn to have fun and make fun of those who tried to bandwagon this so hard. I mean seriously...a WHOLE THREAD?
@th!nk I know, it was just out of impulse. I should really learn to control that... Anyways I'll just get off of this thread.
(May. 26, 2011  11:48 PM)Bluezee Wrote: Also, what I find the MOST funny about this whole thing is the amount of people who believed it and the people who made "counters" look even more dumb for supporting this combo because he dubbed it "Final Counter". Know what that means? YOUR COUNTERS WERE GARBAGE AND OBSELETE. It is pretty much a slap in your face. Didn't even bother to realize that before you went jumping on the bandwagon of "Kei's fan brigade" (which is in nicer words for what I want to say) did you? LOL.

I would take time to individual state each person and how they looked like complete idiots in this topic but that would waste my time. I will say this though. Before you go and kiss the feet of something that is clearly horrible, think about where you stand and if you could compare to me at all in terms of skill, creativity, and success. Until then, get a life.

Don't know if you read my post before you posted this, but if you haven't, you should. I never said anything about anyone's "counters" being "garbage and obsolete". I criticized the way in which people have gone about the "creation" of them. As for the "Kei's fan brigade" comment; that's an interesting thing to say because you certainly have garnered your own "fan brigade", something which needs to be discouraged. When people start worshiping you like that, there is a problem.

(May. 26, 2011  11:56 PM)th!nk Wrote: I accept your apology, and apologise for being rude myself. I can't speak for bluezee though. I think he's got every right to be offended, a lot of the post took phrases he said and parodied them.

Again, I don't know if this was the best way to deal with it. I think a thread discussing it directly would've been a better approach. Just remember, you set an example for every other user here. "With great power, comes great responsibility" and all that.

Also I COMPLETELY agree on the whole "GET TO THE POINT" thing. Even Bolding the combo name is a step in the right direction, the first thing we should read when opening a thread is the Combo.
May I suggest that be a rule of some kind?

And I suspect the people who believed your combo was real (hell, I did initially, until I noticed the Perseus CW mode changing thing, and other things, and put it together), did so because of your position. Because of that, I'm inclined to accept what you say as truth.

I accept your apology, and I'm not offended myself for anything that you did post. Bluezee can feel whatever he wants, he has that right, but he needs to know that this was not made with the intention of mocking him. I'm not such a shallow person like that.

You're free to hold that opinion, and in fact, I had originally considered posting a thread in the Advanced Forum. However, as I said in my previous post, "I had to make it impactful". I had to incite a reaction out of people, because to me, this issue has become almost irreversibly ingrained within the consciousness of the Bladers around this forum as of late, and it's been sickening to me. A calm conversation wasn't what I felt was needed in this case. Inspiring a reaction is exactly what I wanted.

If anything, the rule should be to put the actual combo name in the title if it is a thread about a specific combo.

You may be right, and I do apologize for that. Unfortunately, it wasn't something I considered, mostly because I don't feel any different from anyone else on this forum.

(And by the way ... I don't believe I ever did explicitly state in the OP that changing the Perseus Clear Wheel in a single BeyBattle was legal!)
The thing is that your brigade and Bluezee's are one and the same.
All these people posting 'Oh Kei quite the combination you have, heres a Nobel Prize' are the very same who praise Bluezee. These people follow whatever is best at the time, which is a really problem. I think I addressed this in my post near yours a page back or so.
Hey Kei, can you test this against MF-L Hell Kerbecs BD145XF (Boost Mode)? Use whatever mode of MMLMPPCRTTH you feel would be best for the situation.
^lol

That's fair enough. And yeah, that'd be a brilliant rule, if topic titles were kept to just the combo, it makes searching easier, and also help prevent the main factor in the Naming thing.

My point with the CW thing was that it's essentially using two different combos. You could use a counter to the current wave of Counter beys, and, say, Basalt Aquario BD145CS, and it'd be the same thing Smile
(May. 27, 2011  12:20 AM)Dan Wrote: These people follow whatever is best at the time, which is a really problem.

QFT

Again:
(May. 26, 2011  11:44 PM)Kei Wrote: People need to become more skeptical, especially when there is no videos involved, and they have absolutely no experience with the custom. Don't believe anything completely until you try it yourself. Only then will you know the truth, and it may very well be a personal one which isn't shared with everyone else, but that's okay. I suppose my status as a Committee member did allow your guys to trust me a bit more than anyone else, so I apologize for that … but even so, it's not as if people haven't blindly said something is amazing without substantial evidence in other threads in the past.

I'm glad that a number of Bladers actually took things into their own hands and tried it for themselves, though; that's exactly what everyone should do. Question everything. And if you don't have the proper parts, wait for substantial evidence (such as recorded tournament performance, videos, etc).

(May. 27, 2011  12:22 AM)Cyber Blader Wrote: Hey Kei, can you test this against MF-L Hell Kerbecs BD145XF (Boost Mode)? Use whatever mode of MMLMPPCRTTH you feel would be best for the situation.

Serious dude, you should start reading the last few pages of this thread
(May. 26, 2011  11:48 PM)Bluezee Wrote: I would take time to individual state each person and how they looked like complete idiots in this topic but that would waste my time. I will say this though. Before you go and kiss the feet of something that is clearly horrible, think about where you stand and if you could compare to me at all in terms of skill, creativity, and success. Until then, get a life.

I hope you honestly did not mean the bolded, or at least stand by it now that Kei has explained his reasons for the thread. Beyblade should not be about gaining a reputation. Even though it sounds really bad coming from me, I hope you have learned a lesson from this thread.

Yes, I know you're going to point out that I was originally "against" Kei. No I was not. I was against his attitude towards you, which you have been showing frequently to other members, and knowing you, you're not going to believe what I'm saying like you have done before, but that's fine by me, I can't prove an opinion wrong.

You need to fix your attitude, I'm not saying this as a person who thinks that they are better than you, or a person trying to "embarass" you, I'm saying this to you as a equal. I'm sure many of the WBO's members think the same way, that in no way you are "worth" anymore or less than any other member. Success is not defined by what combinations are made, success is defined by how much you help the community, and with the attitude you are showing you aren't pushing our community any farther. Even right now you're retaliating against members and you're defending yourself under your-so-called "sarcasm". Nobody thinks of it as sarcasm other than you and possibly Dan (nothing against him). And Bluezee, I know you are going to argue against me too, but so be it, if so It will show how this thread taught you nothing.

This post isn't meant to produce a negative effect to you in anyway, it's meant to show what this was really all about.

And Dan, there is no so called "fan brigade".
People are commenting on threads which seem to genuinely have good results and saying "Nice Combination!" or some sort of the variation. There doesn't always have to be the leading combination in the game, so why not compliment a combination that was thought of, (but not owned) by a person?
Pockyx3, the fan brigade thing was kinda the point of the thread. People need to verify stuff. If you read Kei's posts, he says that that's a large part of the reason behind this.
(May. 27, 2011  12:25 AM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 27, 2011  12:20 AM)Dan Wrote: These people follow whatever is best at the time, which is a really problem.
QFT

[Image: tumblr_ldp7p4daGW1qe7c8r.gif]

As for you, Pocky, there are caravans full of them.
Examples:
1. Lightning Tank; it was praised as a god. Much more than a petty 'oh nice combo'
2. This was taken completely out of per portion because an administrator was OP and it was a counter to LT. (The fact that OP was Kei made it even more ridiculously bandwagon'd)
Kei himself acknowledges the fact that there is indeed a large fan base of any large/good combination. I don't see why you disagree at all considering you were part of this fan brigade in the first place.. :V
No, I didn't touch on it from that perspective.
What I got from Dan was "People follow what is best at the time, which is the problem".
By best, I assumed he meant best combination, what I argued is that there really is no such thing as the best combination. Combinations will eventually be outclassed as long as this game and bladers still exist. (E.G: MF Libra CH120RF)
loldude.
you are joking, right?
Just start warning people who are obviously making offensive posts.