MFB: Limited :: Zero-G Stadium Discussion

(Jun. 06, 2014  7:51 PM)Neo~ Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2014  6:28 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2014  5:51 PM)Neo~ Wrote: Personally, I think there should be a Limited for BB-10 only using Pre-Hyb and Hybrid Wheel system, and the Zero-G ATK Stadium only using Crystal and Chrome.

So no Pegasis Wheel or anything in Zero-G Limited ?
Nope. Zero G sticks with its own kind of stadium, and Metal Fight in its own stadium.

In non-Limited Zero-G MFB parts are allowed, you'd need other competitive aspects of a format for it to be playable.
(Jun. 06, 2014  7:55 PM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2014  7:51 PM)Neo~ Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2014  6:28 PM)Kai-V Wrote: So no Pegasis Wheel or anything in Zero-G Limited ?
Nope. Zero G sticks with its own kind of stadium, and Metal Fight in its own stadium.

In non-Limited Zero-G MFB parts are allowed, you'd need other competitive aspects of a format for it to be playable.

Tracks and tips should be interchangeable.
Zero-G, to me, is the HMS to MFB.
It's kinda similar, but not really.
I consider them two different formats.
(Jun. 06, 2014  8:06 PM)Neo~ Wrote: Tracks and tips should be interchangeable.

Except that parts are not interchangeable between plastics and HMS ... Zero-G is simply another system within Metal Fight Beyblade.
(Jun. 06, 2014  8:20 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2014  8:06 PM)Neo~ Wrote: Tracks and tips should be interchangeable.

Except that parts are not interchangeable between plastics and HMS ... Zero-G is simply another system within Metal Fight Beyblade.

I know, but it's only limited to Tracks and Tips.
I just believe that Crystal and Chrome are more circular, and better suited for Zero-G.
And Pre-Hybrid really doesn't match well with Zero-G, both in tops and Stadiums.
Technically the Metal System (the proper name for "pre-Hybrid") does not fit well at all with anything in the Hybrid Wheel System either. It is normal, to some extent, that each release outclasses previous parts, because TAKARA-TOMY wants you to continually buy the newest toys out, not stay with your first purchase that still works.
(Jun. 06, 2014  8:56 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Technically the Metal System (the proper name for "pre-Hybrid") does not fit well at all with anything in the Hybrid Wheel System either. It is normal, to some extent, that each release outclasses previous parts, because TAKARA-TOMY wants you to continually buy the newest toys out, not stay with your first purchase that still works.

Limited; to me, is like going back to the basics of MFB.
Zero-G isn't the basics, so I'd rather not use that. Considering it's more of a successor and "improvement", (using improvement as loose as possible.) to MFB, I don't think it's fair to put a newer Bey against the lighter Metal System blades.
a non-synchromed has the same weigth than the old version of MFB so why did you say that... only synchromed overpass the weigth of a reglar MFB beyblades...
(Jun. 07, 2014  5:16 AM)loyd87 Wrote: a non-synchromed has the same weigth than the old version of MFB so why did you say that... only synchromed overpass the weigth of a reglar MFB beyblades...

It's not the weight; it's the fact that these systems aren't fully compatible.
The two should be separate, that's all I'm saying. It just doesn't feel the same when battling a Zero-G against a Metal/Hybrid.
"Zero-G" refers to the stadium actually. There is nothing "Zero-G" about SA165 or Dragooon. So, yes, it is interesting to see what would (have) happened if we had had Zero-G Stadiums back at the beginning, with the older and lighter parts.
(Jun. 07, 2014  5:29 AM)Neo~ Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2014  5:16 AM)loyd87 Wrote: a non-synchromed has the same weigth than the old version of MFB so why did you say that... only synchromed overpass the weigth of a reglar MFB beyblades...

It's not the weight; it's the fact that these systems aren't fully compatible.
The two should be separate, that's all I'm saying. It just doesn't feel the same when battling a Zero-G against a Metal/Hybrid.
Duo SA165 BWD is a Zero-G combo
The two systems should not be separate. What can beat Genbull Dragooon? Duo and Death. There is no reason to believe that. The Tips/Tracks are even compatible.
So I really don't know how relevant or helpful this is, but I did some tests on things I thought would be good in Zero-G Limited, against things I thought would be good in Zero-G Limited. Having no real competitive combos makes it tough to test, because the opponents are only educated guesses, but whatever.

MF-H Earth Cancer 230MB vs. MSF-H Samurai Wyvang (Crystal Up) GB145CF

MSF-H Samurai Wyvang (Crystal Up) AD145GF vs. MF-L Burn Cancer F230GCF

MF-H Earth Cancer F230EDS vs. MSF-H Samurai Wyvang (Crystal Up) AD145GF

I also decided to try EDS in Zero-G, and it's ok, but I don't think it'll be anything special in Zero-G Limited.
E230 would be way too much. SA165 maybe.

combo for 0G Limited! (Ya know, just in case it happens *nudges committee member*)

I'm the #swayking so I decided to make a sway combo!

I shoes Jade because of the heavier weight compared to other wheels, Leone because it was my favorite, LW160 because of the versatility of height. Most 0G combos are at or above 145, I wanted to be able to have the capability of a knock out just in case. GCF was chosen over CF because of speed, and over GF for LAD (would have chosen GF if SA165 was available).

Testing:

MF-M Jade Leone LW160 GCF vs. MF-H Meteo L-Drago BGrin
MLD always launched first.
Detail Results (Click to View)
JL: 12 (0 OS, 12 KO)
MLD: 8 (8 OS, 0 KO)
JL Win %: 60.0%

MF-M Jade Leone LW160 GCF vs. MF-H Scythe Aquario SR200 MB
SA always launched first.
JL: 16 (0 OS, 16 KO)
SA: 14 (10 OS, 4 KO)
JL Win %: 53.3%
That battle was especially hard, trying to sway MB was SUCH a pain. I knew the weight of Jade would be needed to throw the stadium off balance and get Scythe out of the center. For no contact, you need a very strong perfect launch. The other, much easier way, is to make contact within the first moments of the battle to throw off pattern, then GCF will come into play and either speed up to catch and get the knock out or make another pass and sway it out.

MF-M Jade Leone LW160 GCF vs. MF-H Meteo L-Drago F230 GCF
MLD launched first on even launches, JL launched first on odd.
JL: 14 (0 OS, 14 KO)
MLD: 6 (4 OS, 2 KO)
JL Win %: 70.0%
This test came out exactly as I'd hoped for. In BB-10, MLD tornado stalls and is able to be touched unless another mobile bey makes contact, what's really cool is that in 0G, opposite spin direction beys almost always hit. With the height and weight match-up, Jade did nothing but smack Meteo around.

MF-M Jade Leone LW160 GCF vs. MF-F Burn Aquario F230 CF
BA always launched first.
JL: 19 (0 OS, 19 KO)
BA: 1 (0 OS, 1 KO)
JL Win %: 95.0%
That one KO made me do 10 more rounds -.- #burnaintgotnodefense

MF-M Jade Leone LW160 GCF vs. Earth Cancer W145 WD
EC always launched first.
JL: 10 (0 OS, 10 KO)
EC: 0 (0 OS, 0 KO)
JL Win %: 100.0%
Most violent tests I've ever done, Earth had a little trouble picking which pocket to slam out of. On round 6 or 7, Earth flew out of the top 0-0

No idea what to test against, gotten most of the popular types. Suggestions are welcome, I do not have Libra.
TBH, as far as the ban list goes for a Limited ZRG format, I don't think banning any Bottoms or Tracks would be very beneficial.

The Track/Bottom setup spectrum is pretty balanced in Zero-G ATM. SA165 and B : D compete among Stamina types, along with some HTSC combinations (Duo 230MB has actually been quite successful in North Carolina, and I imagine Duo 230TB would be just as potent - both of which could be adapted with Limited format Wheels) and the E230 destabilizer, which puts a very interesting and innovative spin on the meta I don't think we want to lose. The spin-stealers use SA165 and B : D exclusively pretty much, but there's nothing you can do about that unless you wanted to ban SA165 and B : D and eradicate spin-steal completely. Zero-G Defense will always use 230-height Tracks, which, again, can't be avoided, but fortunately doesn't do anything to dull the meta. Zero-G Attack types have a very wide range of possible customizations, and I highly, highly doubt any problems could arise there.

RS and RDF aren't gonna hurt anything at all (and removing RS will deprive the game of one of the few viable options for Sway Defense Bottoms), SA165 and E230 are, again, a crucial element of the Zero-G game in and of itself, BD145 isn't gonna hurt anything (probably won't ever be used, but that's no reason to ban it), and SP230 is just another of the many options for Zero-G Attack/Defense.

That said, I truly believe the Track/Bottom selection in Zero-G is currently pretty much perfect (however surprising that may be), and I don't think banning any of the Tracks or Bottoms currently banned in Limited Format would be beneficial in any way. On the contrary, I think it would probably do more harm than good.

As far as Wheels go, I'd just ban all Synchrom and 4D, along with Basalt, Hell, and probably, following testing, Scythe (which would theoretically be even more of a monster in this format on Bearing Drive).

That's all just based on testing and general knowledge from the other 3 MFB formats, but I think it would be a good place to start (definitely better than starting with the current Limited Format ban list, which I personally think is horribly unsuitable for play in a Zero-G stadium).

Remember, I don't have testing, but that's my best educated guess. Wink
I'd wait and see for some tests before letting in SA165 and E230, among other Big Disk.

Right now and presumably if Scythe were to stay, we'd be seeing things like Scyhe SA165 BWD/EWD, Scythe E230 RSF, etc.

While they are used for Sway and other things in Zero-G, other tracks may work as well, but we really won't know anything for sure, until there are tests.
I can't believe I'm bumping this from so long ago, but we did a bit of a Limited Zero-G event today, after our actual tournament.

I'll write a more detailed post tonight or tomorrow, but if anyone has any initial questions- ask.
What part was allowed and not? It is successfull tournament?
(Oct. 25, 2014  9:01 PM)loyd87 Wrote: What part was allowed and not? It is successfull tournament?

To try it out, we followed the regular ban list that's currently in effect.

It was successful, but be in mind we didn't get to finish it since the community center was closing by the time we got into a few rounds.
interesting. may be if we have time in MTL may be we can try this out too I love this new possible format.
MF-H LibraED145 CF vs MF-H EarthBullGB145 RB
Earth(10 OS 1KO)
Libra(9SKO)
Libra win rate 45%
Had fun using the Libra combo makes the stadium moved alot. I supposed most attack combos would but i just got my stadium so i guess seeing it sway is not something i am bored of yet
Did a Limited Zero-G event today, man, was it fun.

I'll post combinations and videos with detail later, but I emphasize that this should become an official format. It's quick, has exciting matches, and it just plain fun.

More to come on this tonight and tomorrow.
Thats cool. Great news. Hope seing that in my region
(Dec. 27, 2014  10:40 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Did a Limited Zero-G event today, man, was it fun.

I'll post combinations and videos with detail later, but I emphasize that this should become an official format. It's quick, has exciting matches, and it just plain fun.

More to come on this tonight and tomorrow.

Did it look like there was a lot to do before coming up with top-tier combinations, or did what works in regular stadiums seem to remain good against the same things in Zero-G BeyStadiums ?
I think, for the most part, it would be like BB-10 Limited, where the combos are basically just scaled-down versions of Standard combos (i.e. Phantom 85MF becomes Burn 85MF, Dragooon F230GCF becomes Meteo/LDD F230GCF, etc.).

My guess is that F230(G)CF combos using Scythe, LDD, MLD, and maybe Libra and Duo would be the most effective. Following that would be B:D based combos. The only things that I don't think would translate well are Zero-G Attackers/Sway Attackers because Limited is so much lighter than Standard/Zero-G and they will have a more difficult time moving the Stadium.
Honestly, it seems to be a mix- in the sense that while some combinations, whether "downscaled" work and in the sense new conbinations may as well. I'm uploading some videos at the moment so they should be up soon.

Burn SR200 TB swept yesterday. TB was good against sway even though Burn was a bit lighter. I personally used Libra 230 GF in an attempt to see how well it did against sway. I'll have some videos with more details up soon.
(Dec. 28, 2014  2:24 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Honestly, it seems to be a mix- in the sense that while some combinations, whether "downscaled" work and in the sense new conbinations may as well. I'm uploading some videos at the moment so they should be up soon.

Burn SR200 TB swept yesterday. TB was good against sway even though Burn was a bit lighter. I personally used Libra 230 GF in an attempt to see how well it did against sway. I'll have some videos with more details up soon.
230 and 200 in Zero-G? What inspired you guys to go for the taller tracks? lol