MFB: Limited :: Primer, Random Thoughts, and Q&A Thread!

Yes, I would have to go threw numerous threads to find the tests, but It has IIRC.
Yes, it's been tested by me. Things on low tracks are 50/50 Mid tracks 70/30. It does seem to do OK. I do prefer GB145 though, but it's not as bad as you might think.
R145 is a pretty excellent Defense Track all around. It outweighs GB145 by a decent amount, and its recoil is actually quite low. I'm not sure whether or not the weight distribution favors the Libra wheel 's balance or not, but from the results we have it's certainly viable.

Speaking of Libra, how does it hold up to Bakushin on LTDC exactly? My Bakushin and Libra are both painted, so I've put off testing them for a while. Comparative results with MF-H Bakushin/Libra 90RB vs. Lightning CH120 would be really cool.
I assume R145's poor LAD would be more relevant in defense vs defense stamina matches than its effect on stamina (though I think it's a little worse than GB145, I'm not sure about that).

Bakushin performs better against most things, but Libra might be better against MF-H Pegasis CH120RF just because of the extra weight. Maybe the same using Jade instead of Pegasis, too. Against taller things that still hit from above (i.e. Gravity R145) though, Libra generally did worse, but I'm not sure whether there are many of those left. Still, Libra's top side has quite a bit of recoil.
What sets do you guys recommend me getting if I were to start playing in limited format? I have pretty much everything else bit lack a lot of limited format parts.
BB-96 is almost certainly the best set for limited, but I don't know what else you'd need without knowing what parts you have/don't have specifically.
I'm thinking of getting the Perseus reshuffle set for the parts, I have almost all of the zero g parts except for wyvang, girago and pegasis.
(Feb. 17, 2014  6:44 PM)ridbladebreaker Wrote: I'm thinking of getting the Perseus reshuffle set for the parts, I have almost all of the zero g parts except for wyvang, girago and pegasis.

Don't forget, gravity is banned in the limited format. The BB-96 is probably best, but the Gan Gan galaxy set is also good (T125, WD, Earth, CS, R2F, D125, Ray, Unicorno, Pegasus II and a grip are all good.)
(Feb. 17, 2014  6:47 PM)TheLibraKing Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2014  6:44 PM)ridbladebreaker Wrote: I'm thinking of getting the Perseus reshuffle set for the parts, I have almost all of the zero g parts except for wyvang, girago and pegasis.

Don't forget, gravity is banned in the limited format. The BB-96 is probably best, but the Gan Gan galaxy set is also good (T125, WD, Earth, CS, R2F, D125, Ray, Unicorno, Pegasus II and a grip are all good.)
I had no idea Gravity was banned, thanks for the consultation c: I might buy both sets and an LR launcher.
Bb-96 is the best set for limited by far, especially as it's like 15 usd lol. Then a ch120, th170 (or I guess 230 if you're one of these people to whom it isn't blatantly inferior), and some extra rf's and an rsf, we'd and RB (jade will probably be unbanned soon so that would be a good buy) should cover most of your bases. R145 is also an important part for attack and defense, oh, and bakushin is very important too, defensively. Maybe grab an earth, and maybe a metal fury duo (seeing as metal fury scythe will probably get banned soon enough). I think that's basically everything but yeah if you want a set, bb-96 cannot be beaten (and for the record no, the gap gan galaxy set doesn't hold a candle to it).
(Feb. 18, 2014  5:35 AM)th!nk Wrote: Bb-96 is the best set for limited by far, especially as it's like 15 usd lol. Then a ch120, th170 (or I guess 230 if you're one of these people to whom it isn't blatantly inferior), and some extra rf's and an rsf, we'd and RB (jade will probably be unbanned soon so that would be a good buy) should cover most of your bases. R145 is also an important part for attack and defense, oh, and bakushin is very important too, defensively. Maybe grab an earth, and maybe a metal fury duo (seeing as metal fury scythe will probably get banned soon enough). I think that's basically everything but yeah if you want a set, bb-96 cannot be beaten (and for the record no, the gap gan galaxy set doesn't hold a candle to it).

I know the BB-96 is the best, I even said that in my post. I mention that the Gan Gan galaxy set is also good, I don't know what you mean by "hold a candle to it" Tongue_out
(Feb. 18, 2014  5:35 AM)th!nk Wrote: Bb-96 is the best set for limited by far, especially as it's like 15 usd lol. Then a ch120, th170 (or I guess 230 if you're one of these people to whom it isn't blatantly inferior), and some extra rf's and an rsf, we'd and RB (jade will probably be unbanned soon so that would be a good buy) should cover most of your bases. R145 is also an important part for attack and defense, oh, and bakushin is very important too, defensively. Maybe grab an earth, and maybe a metal fury duo (seeing as metal fury scythe will probably get banned soon enough). I think that's basically everything but yeah if you want a set, bb-96 cannot be beaten (and for the record no, the gap gan galaxy set doesn't hold a candle to it).
Thanks for the help man Grin I'm pretty stoked that I could go back into old beyblade cause I got a ton just collecting dust and bringing them back is awesome. You can say I have almost every part from metal masters I just need stuff like Libra and Pegasis HWS wheels and a few more parts like TH170 which would be awesome to obtain Smile hopefully I could get this stuff soon but for now my main focus is AN2014 Grin
(Feb. 18, 2014  5:43 AM)TheLibraKing Wrote:

I know the BB-96 is the best, I even said that in my post. I mention that the Gan Gan galaxy set is also good, I don't know what you mean by "hold a candle to it" Tongue_out

Please peruse the parts list and then think about how useful each part is. Seriously, putting the gan gan galaxy set in the same sentence as BB-96 in terms of what is a good buy for limited is pretty much a crime.
For a person that's beginning with the limited format, it isn't a horrible set (Earth ___ D125CS, Ray unicorno D125R2F and Earth _____ D125/T125WD aren't horrible customs if he is unable to get the BB-96.)

Lastly, that question should have been asked in the Purchaee consultation.)
(Feb. 18, 2014  8:01 AM)TheLibraKing Wrote: For a person that's beginning with the limited format, it isn't a horrible set (Earth ___ D125CS, Ray unicorno D125R2F and Earth _____ D125/T125WD aren't horrible customs if he is unable to get the BB-96.)

I cannot even begin to write a response that tells you how blatantly, painfully incorrect you are without being impolite. Please, stop.
EDIT: OK, I'll try, just because I am a big proponent of actually explaining things, but I will probably stop here, because if this doesn't make it clear then I am out of ideas: That set is garbage compared to BB-96 and not a single one of those combos is actually on the competitive combos list or will ever be on the competitive combos list. The CW's in it both should never be used on a height where they'll take hits from above so no, those combos are trash. Ray for attack versus Pegasis, which is easily one of the best attack wheels in the format???????? Earth D125CS (wat) vs MF-H Libra 85RF, a great anti-attack/defensive combination (or even MF-H Libra 85/90 D which is solid for a more defensive stamina type), and Earth ___ D125WD vs Burn Cancer 85WD which is the closest of any of them and still a complete and utter blowout. Lastly, that set is from Metal Masters, we don't even have any of those bar perhaps some leftover burn fireblaze 135MS (I doubt TRU managed to sell them all) left even over here and we haven't even had new stock to replace them with, so it will probably be harder to find and/or more expensive than the ~$15USD including shipping "BB-96 Best Set For Limited Even Without Any Other Beyblades Set." Just... They're not in the same league and literally any set compared to BB-96 which has an amazing attack wheel and one of the best all-around wheels in the format in Libra. I mean I actually vastly prefer Earth to Burn but look at literally every other part, come on.

There actually isn't a clear answer on where Limited Format Purchase Consultation questions should go (it is not mentioned specifically in the main purchase consultation thread), and seeing as this is limited format Q&A, I would personally think they'd be better off asking them here where those of us who pay more attention to Limited will be more likely to see it, as per the standard for Plastics/HMS. Whether or not that is correct I do not know, but either way unless you have an announcement specifically saying Limited Purchase Consultation goes there or doesn't go here, you're also in no place to minimod about it - now perhaps I missed such an announcement but a quick check found me nothing.
(Feb. 18, 2014  8:10 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2014  8:01 AM)TheLibraKing Wrote: For a person that's beginning with the limited format, it isn't a horrible set (Earth ___ D125CS, Ray unicorno D125R2F and Earth _____ D125/T125WD aren't horrible customs if he is unable to get the BB-96.)

I cannot even begin to write a response that tells you how blatantly, painfully incorrect you are without being rude. Please, stop.
EDIT: OK, I'll try: That set is garbage compared to BB-96 and not a single one of those combos is actually on the competitive combos list or will ever be on the competitive combos list. The CW's in it both should never be used on a height where they'll take hits from above so no, those combos are trash. Ray for attack versus Pegasis, which is easily one of the best attack wheels in the format??? Earth D125CS (wat) vs MF-H Libra 85RF, a great anti-attack/defensive combination (or even MF-H Libra 85/90 D which is solid for a more defensive stamina type), and Earth ___ D125WD vs Burn Cancer 85WD which is the closest of any of them and still a complete and utter blowout. Lastly, that set is from Metal Masters, we don't even have any of those bar perhaps some leftover burn fireblaze 135MS (I doubt TRU managed to sell them all) left even over here and we haven't even had new stock to replace them with, so it will probably be harder to find and/or more expensive than the ~$15USD including shipping "BB-96 Best Set For Limited Even Without Any Other Beyblades Set." Does that help?

There actually isn't a clear answer on where Limited Format Purchase Consultation questions should go (it is not mentioned specifically in the main purchase consultation thread), and seeing as this is limited format Q&A, I would personally think they'd be better off asking them here where those of us who pay more attention to Limited will be more likely to see it, as per the standard for Plastics/HMS. Whether or not that is correct I do not know, but either way unless you have an announcement specifically saying Limited Purchase Consultation goes there or doesn't go here, you're also in no place to minimod about it - now perhaps I missed such an announcement but a quick check found me nothing.

I never said that it was better than the BB-96. but if somehow he could not get the BB-96, I suggested the Gan Gan galaxy set. also, saying I do not pay attention (that is what you meant, correct?) is quite rude, since I do pay very much attention to it. Just because I can't test or create combo thread atm doesn't mean I disregard the format.

That being said, I do not want to further discuss this in this thread, if you want to discuss it more, PM me.
(Feb. 18, 2014  8:25 AM)TheLibraKing Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2014  8:10 AM)th!nk Wrote:

I cannot even begin to write a response that tells you how blatantly, painfully incorrect you are without being rude. Please, stop.
EDIT: OK, I'll try: That set is garbage compared to BB-96 and not a single one of those combos is actually on the competitive combos list or will ever be on the competitive combos list. The CW's in it both should never be used on a height where they'll take hits from above so no, those combos are trash. Ray for attack versus Pegasis, which is easily one of the best attack wheels in the format??? Earth D125CS (wat) vs MF-H Libra 85RF, a great anti-attack/defensive combination (or even MF-H Libra 85/90 D which is solid for a more defensive stamina type), and Earth ___ D125WD vs Burn Cancer 85WD which is the closest of any of them and still a complete and utter blowout. Lastly, that set is from Metal Masters, we don't even have any of those bar perhaps some leftover burn fireblaze 135MS (I doubt TRU managed to sell them all) left even over here and we haven't even had new stock to replace them with, so it will probably be harder to find and/or more expensive than the ~$15USD including shipping "BB-96 Best Set For Limited Even Without Any Other Beyblades Set." Does that help?

I never said that it was better than the BB-96. but if somehow he could not get the BB-96, I suggested the Gan Gan galaxy set. also, saying I do not pay attention (that is what you meant, correct?) is quite rude, since I do pay very much attention to it. Just because I can't test or create combo thread atm doesn't mean I disregard the format.

That being said, I do not want to further discuss this in this thread, if you want to discuss it more, PM me.

You said, and I quote that it "is also good". That implies it's anywhere near as good as BB-96, whereas as I've pointed out, comparing the two is an absolute farce. I also pointed out why your access/availability argument doesn't hold up anyway, even aside from generally being able to guess the user had access to takara stuff from what they posted - which isn't hard as they mentioned considering a Takara/SonoKong-Exclusive Set in the Gravity Perseus URS in the post you initially bought up the Gan Gan Galaxy set in response to.

Also, from googling it, it's worth mentioning that the Gan Gan Galaxy set doesn't contain T125 as it doesn't contain Flame Libra. The "Ultimate Gift Set" with "The Gan Gan Galaxy Team" on it, presumably called a combination of those words including the first phrase in its entirety, is the one with Libra. It doesn't matter though as Flame Libra is pretty much entirely outclassed aside from Flame having some minor use countering certain things (T125 perhaps but personally I've always been a CH120>_125 person anyway and even then, T125 vs D125?? Eh.)

And no, I didn't say you weren't paying attention - I said "us", so if anything it would indicate I was including you within the group of people that do. Attacking people instead of their arguments is generally not how I do things nowadays, nor how anyone should do things.

Anyway RidBladeBreaker, don't bother with the Gan Gan Galaxy set. Earth and MAYBE CS (it's not a must have by any means though, but it's a handy tip for spammable balance types) are the only things in it you'd need, total waste otherwise.
I never argued that it was easier to get the Gan Gan galaxy set, I said; if somehow he could not get the BB-96.

It was the first one that came to mind, the closet good metal fury set IMO would be the ultimate gift set which comes with cosmic, WD, R2F, Beat, W2D, Lynx and AD145 (even though W145 is obviously better.)

I've been talking about the metal masters gift set... I got them confused since the gift set actually contains the whole team.... Now I feel like an idiot.
(Feb. 18, 2014  8:53 AM)TheLibraKing Wrote: I never argued that it was easier to get the Gan Gan galaxy set, I said; if somehow he could not get the BB-96.
What I'm saying is that if he could not get the BB-96, odds are the Gan Gan Galaxy set would not be open to him either (and as I said, if you can get a GP URS you can get a BB-96 anyway, but not necessarily the gan gan galaxy set - for example for me, I can get the first two easily, but the gan gan galaxy set? Probably not or at least nowhere near as cheaply). After that, there are almost certainly better sets aside from the gan gan galaxy ultimate gift set or w/e it is, depending on which specific parts he has/needs. Also another thing to note is that most of the stuff he'd need from that set or better equivalents are probably collectively available cheaper than that set, though that's admittedly a bit of a guess as you could find the gift set in a bargain bin or something in the US I guess.

Anyhow, my main point was simply that the Gan Gan Galaxy set is not good enough to warrant a recommendation without significant evidence that it is what the person needs, which isn't present.

The justification/evidence that this whole discussion is necessary comes from the fact your post made him consider buying it alongside BB-96, which is wasteful - better off spending that money on getting the few parts needed to make the contents of BB-96 even more useful. Hopefully that explains why I'm carrying this on and being relatively assertive about it, I don't mean any offence by it.
Anyone looked over Kreis MW for LTD? I couldn't get an accurate stamina vs stamina custom due to it recoil other than defense vs. attack.

Any thoughts about this?
(Feb. 20, 2014  11:14 PM)Stars Wrote: Anyone looked over Kreis MW for LTD? I couldn't get an accurate stamina vs stamina custom due to it recoil other than defense vs. attack.

Any thoughts about this?

Sigh... Go find the post where I explained why every 4D MW that is banned is banned. Kreis is in there, I have one, it's broken as heck.
Has anyone thought of banning tracks such as 85 or 90? After today's tournamet in MD I think that they are a little overpowered for the format
(Feb. 23, 2014  10:30 PM)geetster99 Wrote: Has anyone thought of banning tracks such as 85 or 90? After today's tournamet in MD I think that they are a little overpowered for the format

How? 230 defence can beat LTAC, most stamina beat LTDC and LTAC can beat LTSC.
Get rid of that track and the format is pretty even. It makes attack stronger which in turn evens out the format. Also, ever heard of Burn 90MF? It was one the most commonly used combo at today's MD Limited tournament. Not healthy for the format at all.
(Feb. 23, 2014  10:47 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Get rid of that track and the format is pretty even. It makes attack stronger which in turn evens out the format. Also, ever heard of Burn 90MF? It was one the most commonly used combo at today's MD Limited tournament. Not healthy for the format at all.

Trying using spin-steal stamina Wink