MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion (v1.5 - 9/20/16)

(Jun. 08, 2014  9:15 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2014  9:11 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: [quote='Kai-V' pid='1214928' dateline='1402258227']
We cannot ban a part only because it does well in tests and in one area.
So that just proves the point. SA165 does good in Stamina, but nothing else. It should be unbanned.

Things like Big Bang remain banned as it exceeds in one type (Attack); same situation with SA165, if you say it's "only good in stamina".

I still really like the idea of keeping all "Big Disk" Tracks banned; it simply gives the Meta more diversity and fairness- which was the point of it, in the first place.
(Jun. 08, 2014  9:16 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2014  8:30 PM)RagerBlade Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2014  8:29 PM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote: [quote='RagerBlade' pid='1214869' dateline='1402254064']
Based on Time's Meta most people don't use Attack. They use Stamina. Until Attack is the most common used type in Limited then SA165 should be banned for Stamina usage.

I really have to disagree with this statement. We can't really wait for something that's not necessarily "official" to tell us that Attack is the most common type used. If SA165 is dominant (on any type, really) it should remain banned.
Well if we take a look into the Winning combos we can see ourself that attack isn't used as much as Stamina, and SA165 is very much Stamina.

(Jun. 08, 2014  9:18 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2014  9:15 PM)Kai-V Wrote: [quote='RagerBlade' pid='1214931' dateline='1402258314']
[quote='Kai-V' pid='1214928' dateline='1402258227']
We cannot ban a part only because it does well in tests and in one area.
So that just proves the point. SA165 does good in Stamina, but nothing else. It should be unbanned.

Things like Big Bang remain banned as it exceeds in one type (Attack); same situation with SA165, if you say it's only "good in stamina"/
Ok now that just disproved a lot of the stuff I've been saying all day, lol.
I said this earlier, but maybe you can allow some 4d beyblades with only if put in certain modes, like duo, but only in attack mode.
(Jun. 08, 2014  9:20 PM)tac1017 Wrote: I said this earlier, but maybe you can allow some 4d beyblades with only if put in certain modes, like duo, but only in attack mode.

That is not the best idea; it's weight alone would be over powered and will only make the format confusing to young or new players.
(Jun. 08, 2014  9:20 PM)tac1017 Wrote: I said this earlier, but maybe you can allow some 4d beyblades with only if put in certain modes, like duo, but only in attack mode.

That would be a pretty huge mistake in Limited.

Even if Duo were in attack mode, it would sure enough ruin Limited's meta.

Edit: Nevermind, Leone19 replied before me.
(Jun. 08, 2014  9:22 PM)Leone19 Wrote:

That is not a good idea; it's weight alone would be over powered.
Plus it would make Tournament complicated having to check each bey to see if it's in the right mode...
(Jun. 08, 2014  9:23 PM)RagerBlade Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2014  9:22 PM)Leone19 Wrote:

That is not a good idea; it's weight alone would be over powered.
Plus it would make Tournament complicated having to check each bey to see if it's in the right mode...

They should examine the beys right?
What if someone places a ball bearing inside the track?
(Jun. 08, 2014  9:40 PM)Neo~ Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2014  9:22 PM)Leone19 Wrote: That is not a good idea; it's weight alone would be over powered.

Yeah they examine the beys for things like that. It would make it difficult for organizers if specific modes were allowed.
(Jun. 08, 2014  9:22 PM)Leone19 Wrote: That is not a good idea; it's weight alone would be over powered.

That can be said for any format. If judges spot something performing funny or anything illegal they'll look at it- I've had to do that at one of the events I've hosted, when a player was going to use a Rapidity MB.
(Jun. 08, 2014  9:41 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2014  9:23 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: Plus it would make Tournament complicated having to check each bey to see if it's in the right mode...

That can be said for any format. If judges spot something performing funny or anything illegal they'll look at it- I've had to do that at one of the events I've hosted, when a player was going to use a Rapidity MB.

I think all beys should be examined before ANY battle.
Someone might put an illegal part in before the next battle starts.
It would probably extend the tournament a good 30 minutes to stop and examine each Beyblade before they were used.
(Jun. 08, 2014  9:46 PM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote: It would probably extend the tournament a good 30 minutes to stop and examine each Beyblade before they were used.

A quick check by taking off the tip would extend the tourney 30 minutes??
Guys, this isn't even about the Ban List anymore. Take it to PM's, please. Tongue_out
(Jun. 08, 2014  9:50 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Guys, this isn't even about the Ban List anymore. Take it to PM's, please. Tongue_out

Well, checking for illegal mods and checking for modes falls in the same category. It just makes sense that all combinations should be checked.
Yeah most likely. You'd have to check just about everything really, a skilled person could melt lead into the back of the Beyblade. You have to check the tip and see if it's worn or not. You can take out a piece of the launcher and extend the time of your Beyblade's spins. You can melt the stoppers in a Clear wheel and make it soin 2 directions(I think). And obviously you'd need both players to do a test launch if you wanna be specific. There's a lot of ways to cheat, better to just wait and see how it preforms first.

Edit: Leone's right, if you have any disagreements just PM me.
(Jun. 08, 2014  9:50 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Guys, this isn't even about the Ban List anymore. Take it to PM's, please. Tongue_out
Quote:Well, checking for illegal mods and checking for modes falls in the same category. It just makes sense that all combinations should be checked.

No, it does not. This topic is about specific parts being banned to make the format 100% fair.

Again, this is not about the Ban List, please stop posting about it here.
that is also what I am talking about! they should have an approval stadium of where performance can be tested, as where if lets say duo was un-banned only in attack mode, but one person managed to smuggle it in with stamina mode. they would then be forced to launch it in a stadium, and they will see spin time and performance. the performance can identify real and fake beyblades and parts.

So, such a close examination would be step two if you added an approval stadium, maybe the ultimate Beta Beystadium to track small magnetic parts???
(Jun. 08, 2014  10:58 PM)tac1017 Wrote: that is also what I am talking about! they should have an approval stadium of where performance an be tested, as where if lets say duo was un-banned only in attack mode, but one person managed to smuggle it in with stamina mode. they would then be forced to launch it in a stadium, and they will see spin time and performance. the performance can identify real and fake beyblades and parts.
It would still be a pain to check everything before battles...
(Jun. 08, 2014  10:59 PM)RagerBlade Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2014  10:58 PM)tac1017 Wrote: that is also what I am talking about! they should have an approval stadium of where performance an be tested, as where if lets say duo was un-banned only in attack mode, but one person managed to smuggle it in with stamina mode. they would then be forced to launch it in a stadium, and they will see spin time and performance. the performance can identify real and fake beyblades and parts.

Maybe you can hold the beyblades then give it to the person when it is their turn so they have no time to rig it???
(Jun. 08, 2014  11:04 PM)tac1017 Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2014  10:59 PM)RagerBlade Wrote:

Maybe you can hold the beyblades then give it to the person when it is their turn so they have n time to rig it???
It would take way too long is the point I'm trying to get through. It would be nice, but way too much time-consuming in tournaments...
true, and you can tell fake by how shiny it is, and by it's looks
(Jun. 08, 2014  11:08 PM)Pokemo Wrote: true, and you can tell fake by how shiny it is, and by it's looks
Well I don't know how that was in the conversation. We were talking about if the WBO could ban certain modes.
(Jun. 08, 2014  11:06 PM)RagerBlade Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2014  11:04 PM)tac1017 Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2014  10:59 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: It would still be a pain to check everything before battles...

Maybe you can hold the beyblades then give it to the person when it is their turn so they have n time to rig it???
It would take way too long is the point I'm trying to get through. It would be nice, but way too much time-consuming in tournaments...

I understand, but I do not see how launching a bey into a stadium is time consuming... Maybe you can also try to make some parts legal, only if you have another art on it, like duo is allowed, but only if you add 85 gf.
(Jun. 08, 2014  11:09 PM)tac1017 Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2014  11:06 PM)RagerBlade Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2014  11:04 PM)tac1017 Wrote: Maybe you can hold the beyblades then give it to the person when it is their turn so they have n time to rig it???

I understand, but I do not see how launching a bey into a stadium is time consuming... Maybe you can also try to make some parts legal, only if you have another art on it, like duo is allowed, but only if you add 85 gf.
That would be very complicated. Imagine trying to explain to younger Bladers that you can't use W145 with WD (Just an example!) and SA165 with EWD and all the different combinations of tracks and tips that are banned. It wouldn't be easy, plus hard to memorize even for a 18 year old Blader.
Whatnif we had it wjere sa165 had to be in zero g attack mode? Ill try amd get some tests up today