MFB Episode 5: Vengeful Cancer - May 3, 2009 JPN / May 22, 2010 Canada

How's Tetsuya's voice? and his kani kani.
hahaha ''are you feeling a little crabby?''
"Don't you mean a crabby thing to do?"
I guess "Crabby" is the dub "Kani Kani"

"CRABULOUS!!"
"Now for a Crabtastic finish!"

Tetsuya dub is great.
His voice doesn't have any "insanity" to it, it's deep and more along the lines of Kyoya's dub voice.

edit: did Tetsuya just say "Crab says what?" hahaha.
I like this guy's voice.

Also, that song in the super soaker commercial is so much better than ''Let It Rip!''.
The evil cackles are great.
Did the original show Tetsuya's friend actually being covered in crabs?

Because the dub showed the crabs walking over to him, then it cut to Tetsuya talking about how friends aren't needed (while his friend was screaming in agony in the background)

Edit: "Volcrabulary"
Tetsuya rocks.
Nope. I checked the Japanese episode, and it was like that in the original version as well.
That poor kid, getting eaten by crabs...
I just watched what I had recorded. Tetsuya's voice could have been worse, I suppose ... The Japanese is still infinitely better.

Their edit of the Cancer Face when it flashes behind Tetsuya is ridiculous ...
Erm Gasher?? Why couldn't they call it Vengeful Cancer? I mean calling it Gasher kinda kills the astrological theme of the Beyblades here. Makes me think of ya know a gash (wound) on the knee

Tetsuya is quite the nutter I gotta say. However despite this and the fact he sounds just like Dan Kuso from Bakugan *nightmare fuel anyone?* I quite like him specially when he gets all hammy with his speech and in one episode sorta sings which was strange but cool!

Quite a surprise the dub kept a really dark scene in this episode...
(Aug. 13, 2010  8:49 PM)Kirst-Mizuhime Wrote: Erm Gasher?? Why couldn't they call it Vengeful Cancer? I mean calling it Gasher kinda kills the astrological theme of the Beyblades here. Makes me think of ya know a gash (wound) on the knee
It does and it is stupid, but we think it might be due to the other definition of 'cancer' ... I am a cancer though, personally.
I'm a Libra and the word gash makes me nauseous
(Aug. 13, 2010  8:58 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2010  8:49 PM)Kirst-Mizuhime Wrote: Erm Gasher?? Why couldn't they call it Vengeful Cancer? I mean calling it Gasher kinda kills the astrological theme of the Beyblades here. Makes me think of ya know a gash (wound) on the knee
It does and it is stupid, but we think it might be due to the other definition of 'cancer' ... I am a cancer though, personally.

That is the most likely reason, but Cancer in the star sign sense has been mentioned in animation before so I don't see why they feel they have to change it to Gasher. PC gone mad?

Ah apparently those born under Cancer are meant to be sensitive and caring...sorry I know some bits of astrology so please excuse the nerdiness here XD also means ya had ya bday not so long back so happy belated birthday.

Wonder what they'll do with Killer Geminos...I myself am a Gemini (with a Scorpio rising)
(Aug. 13, 2010  9:09 PM)Kirst-Mizuhime Wrote: Wonder what they'll do with Killer Geminos...I myself am a Gemini (with a Scorpio rising)
We officially know that it will be called "Evil Gemios". Also, it was Killer Gemios, not 'Geminos'.
If Cancer ppl are nice, then why didn't Tetsuya move on and make new friends other than destroy other ppl's beys.
(Aug. 13, 2010  9:11 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2010  9:09 PM)Kirst-Mizuhime Wrote: Wonder what they'll do with Killer Geminos...I myself am a Gemini (with a Scorpio rising)
We officially know that it will be called "Evil Gemios". Also, it was Killer Gemios, not 'Geminos'.
Oops my bad sorry ;^^ I did look up Gemios this week and I musta muddled it up

"Evil"? Gemios...burn...I am insulted Pinching_eyes_2 lol

(Aug. 13, 2010  9:13 PM)Orisinal Wrote: If Cancer ppl are nice, then why didn't Tetsuya move on and make new friends other than destroy other ppl's beys.

Well astrology isn't accurate, also sensitive can also mean easily hurt...considering his backstory I'd say Tetsuya was hurt one too many times also Tetsuya may not be born under Cancer himself
bleh . Now I feel bad for another enemy.
No need to, I think Tetsuya has gone past that
Hehe love the Dub when he says
"First person to win 2 out of 3 rounds crabs......I mean wins"
I died laughing LOL
(Aug. 13, 2010  10:20 PM)Orisinal Wrote: He got weepy like benkei
Awwww that is sad Unhappy... but then again he did set his pet crabs on some guys, the worst Benkei did was act like a schoolyard bully.

(Aug. 13, 2010  10:26 PM)Pyro Wrote: Hehe love the Dub when he says
"First person to win 2 out of 3 rounds crabs......I mean wins"
I died laughing LOL
What is it with these characters and their animal verbal tics? We have Benkei's "BU-BU-BU-BULL!" and poor Tetsuya with crabs on the brain...
Haha stereotypes.
I laughed when Tetsuya says crab jokes. He's so crabby
(Aug. 13, 2010  10:33 PM)Orisinal Wrote: He's so crabby
LOL good one! Oh and doesn't even Kyoya act lion-like at times I am pretty sure he growled like one once
I thought he growls like a dog but lol
(Aug. 13, 2010  10:42 PM)Orisinal Wrote: I thought he growls like a dog but lol

WARNING: Beyblades may make you act like an animal or at the least have one on the brain all the time.

XD the new Beyblades should come with this warning...