MFB Episode 1: Pegasus has Landed! April 5, 2009 JPN / May 15, 2010 Canada

maiorita tenba (pegashisu)!

"mai" by itself means dance, revolve.

tenba = flying horse/pegasus

The pegasus in the brackets means that the heavenly horse IS Pegasis.
And 舞い降りる 【まいおりる】 (v1,vi) to swoop down upon; to fly down; to alight --> Pegasus that swept down / Swooping down Pegasus / Alit Pegasus

Those two kanjis make up one word TOGETHER.

Maioriru is the verb

"The swooping descent of Pegasis" would sound like a more proper translation.
Holy carp, I just asked my mom and she said that's wrong. :\
as some of the other people here have said; "swooping down Pegasis!" doesn't make sense in english.

"maiorita" is one word combining together the words "mai" and "orita"
so since that's the case, dance or revolve isn't in the title.

The word "descent" is implied that he is "swooping down" so I guess that is the correct translation. I didn't think of it that way.

So the title is "The Descent of Pegasis!"
captain! we can't backpedal any faster! the engine ... AHHHHHHHHHH
(Mar. 30, 2009  11:02 PM)DranzerX13 Wrote: maiorita tenba (pegashisu)!

"mai" by itself means dance, revolve.

tenba = flying horse/pegasus

The pegasus in the brackets means that the heavenly horse IS Pegasis.
And 舞い降りる 【まいおりる】 (v1,vi) to swoop down upon; to fly down; to alight --> Pegasus that swept down / Swooping down Pegasus / Alit Pegasus

Those two kanjis make up one word TOGETHER.

Maioriru is the verb

"The swooping descent of Pegasis" would sound like a more proper translation.

(Mar. 30, 2009  11:19 PM)DranzerX13 Wrote: as some of the other people here have said; "swooping down Pegasis!" doesn't make sense in english.

"maiorita" is one word combining together the words "mai" and "orita"
so since that's the case, dance or revolve isn't in the title.

The word "descent" is implied that he is "swooping down" so I guess that is the correct translation. I didn't think of it that way.

So the title is "The Descent of Pegasis!"

LMAO
sometimes translating Japanese > English can be tricky if you don't know what you are doing. I know some Japanese but not all of it. I'm learning more and more Japanese each day.

Hey Brad, I just noticed something:

MFB Episode 1: The Descent of Pegasis! April 5, 2008

"2008" it is actually 2009, so can you correct that.
i keep writing 2008 Unhappy
(Mar. 30, 2009  11:31 PM)DranzerX13 Wrote: sometimes translating Japanese > English can be tricky if you don't know what you are doing. I know some Japanese but not all of it. I'm learning more and more Japanese each day.

Keep on studying then, and leave the rest to others.
Hmm, two chapters in one single episode? I smell filler archs. Especially considering the manga is solely published monthly.
^^ Don't most anime that have an ongoing manga have filler arcs? I don't watch much, but I seem to notice that as a trend.
most of the time I can try to translate it myself. if it doesn't sound right I find someone who can translate it then post the info.
(Mar. 31, 2009  1:40 AM)Khel Wrote: Don't most anime that have an ongoing manga have filler arcs? I don't watch much, but I seem to notice that as a trend.

Does "filler" really matter in the context of Beyblade?
(Mar. 31, 2009  5:01 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Does "filler" really matter in the context of Beyblade?

I was responding to To's comment; I guess that was not very clear. I see your point though filler is not exactly something that easily be differentiated from the series. Tongue_out
(Mar. 31, 2009  5:01 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Does "filler" really matter in the context of Beyblade?

In short, No.

Also, ever way, the title is just like a guide line for the episode so what it is really called doesn't really matter, as long as you get the point of it.

Still, I do hope they sub it but even if they don't, I'll still watch and not understand a word. Smile
I still managed to understand the story line in the manga, I bet it will be far easier in the anime so i'm ok with it not being subbed for the moment.
2 days Joyful_2
What characters do you guys think will be introduced in this first episode?

I'm thinking Ginga, Benkei, Kyouya, Kenta <---obviously. And then maybe Daidouji and Ryuusei.
I believe Kenta and Benkei are the first to be introduced.
Then Ginga -> Kyouya -> Daitouji.
02. Leone's Fang
獅子(レオーネ)の牙!
shishi(reoone) no kiba!
Air date: 2009-04-12
4 hours away for episode one, correct?
Is it really? I was just about to ask the exact time......I think it said in the old thread butit should probably be in this thread too. And I don't want to sift through all the other posts if I can help it so........official airing time anyone? In Japan, so as not to get confusing.
8: 30 AM.
(Apr. 04, 2009  8:22 PM)Rocky Wrote: Is it really? I was just about to ask the exact time......I think it said in the old thread butit should probably be in this thread too. And I don't want to sift through all the other posts if I can help it so........official airing time anyone? In Japan, so as not to get confusing.

In Japan it airs Sunday April 5 at 8:30am.
can someone post here when it's about to start
ugh.. I was planning to watch this live for some time now but I can't anymore Unhappy Guess I'll have to wait until it's uploaded to youtube or where ever.

Hope Zeropositive doesn't take too long to sub these episodes Wink
(Apr. 04, 2009  8:36 PM)Aqua Wrote: Hope Zeropositive doesn't take too long to sub these episodes Wink

we'll get episode 1 by 2011