MFB English Logo

(Feb. 08, 2009  5:02 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2009  4:47 PM)Rocky Wrote: I think I preferred the last 'E' before.......
But which one looks more like the Japanese logo. That is the question.

If your looking at it in this view... In My Opinion it is This one which looks better and more similar...
But then again it could be just me...
(Feb. 08, 2009  5:02 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2009  4:47 PM)Rocky Wrote: I think I preferred the last 'E' before.......
But which one looks more like the Japanese logo. That is the question.
The second one looks better imo, not to mention more similar to the japanese logo. =]

Good job.
I forgot about trying to get it too look similar to the Japanese logo.......to be honest I don't like that part of the Japanese logo either.....D:
Sorry guys I'm not feeling the 'Beyblade' text still.

Japanese looks as if there are hard straight strokes done by a brush, while English text is inconsistant and the letters look weaker because of curving lines and varying thicknesses.

A graffiti handstyle would help more, so I try to sketch something.

I don't want to discourage though it looks great, Kai V.
(Feb. 08, 2009  9:23 PM)Blue Wrote: Sorry guys I'm not feeling the 'Beyblade' text still.

Japanese looks as if there are hard straight strokes done by a brush, while English text is inconsistant and the letters look weaker because of curving lines and varying thicknesses.

A graffiti handstyle would help more, so I try to sketch something.

I don't want to discourage though it looks great, Kai V.
I did my best to rectify the curves. Thickness does vary in the original Japanese text.
I like it. Serious
I think we are dragging this design process out WAY too much. It will never be the same as the Japanese logo because Japanese and English is completely different obviously. I see no problem with the Beyblade text that Kai-V has been slaving over.
Well, the lines around "METAL FIGHT" are weird to add because of the text ... I even think I would need to print it and do it manually.

But I suppose I am OK with declaring it finished now.
Kai-V, please send me the PSD. Smile
i doodled this to explain what I mean Kai-V
[Image: beybladeeng001.jpg]
excuse the graphite colour in the middle, that would be Yellow.
But there are still curves and thickness does/should vary ...
I got the PSD from Kai-V. I'll do something with it soon.
(Feb. 10, 2009  2:59 AM)Kai-V Wrote: But there are still curves and thickness does/should vary ...

yeah sorry it still doesn't totally illustrate my point.

What I mean is inconsistant is like verticle of the 'B' is very thin compared to the Bowls on the "B". same with the A
and while the verticals are slanted, nearly every one is curved in some way
The katana does vary in width, but it has a general style where the strokes widen toward the bottom of letter.

thanks Anu
(Feb. 10, 2009  3:41 AM)Blue Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2009  2:59 AM)Kai-V Wrote: But there are still curves and thickness does/should vary ...

yeah sorry it still doesn't totally illustrate my point.

What I mean is inconsistant is like verticle of the 'B' is very thin compared to the Bowls on the "B". same with the A
and while the verticals are slanted, nearly every one is curved in some way
The katana does vary in width, but it has a general style where the strokes widen toward the bottom of letter.
I worked with the font Brad chose, and I think there was a limit to how much it could be widened/changed. Do you disagree ?
I guess thats it, its the font. I would like to submit something drawn via my tablet , but im having issues with drivers and pressure sensitivity Unhappy Im trying with markers though

I don't mean to insult or anything, please don't take it like that.
(Feb. 10, 2009  4:37 AM)Blue Wrote: I don't mean to insult or anything, please don't take it like that.
It is fine. I do not believe there is absolutely no way to improve the logo right now.
wow... those are all really good.

kai-v's is the best imo... but im kinda loving the bottom "line" on blues 'E'... just putting that out there.... even tho i joined yesterday XD... and its been over a week since anyones posted in here... Tongue_out
I think Blue's got a point here. The logo looks great thus far (major props to all contributing players), but it is stiffer than the Japanese one. Also, any way to include the arrow from the Japanese logo's ド into the English version's E?
(Feb. 22, 2009  12:18 AM)Mr. Toto Wrote: Also, any way to include the arrow from the Japanese logo's ド into the English version's E?

I don't think that would look as good as it does on the Japanese version. On the original, there is many > shapes within the logo, so having the arrow compliments the rest of the design. If you just added the arrow to the E, it would look out of place.