MF/MF-H Basalt Cancer/Bull/Aquario 85B

i tend to semi sliding shoot with both d and cs. More contact is better for 230s as a whole. As said i definitely think something as mere as earth 100wd can outspin this.
(Jun. 16, 2011  6:11 AM)Tobiko Wrote: thats good in balance but weak in stamina huh?

What are you talking about?
After a short break... my follow-up testing with 230D and a TH170 combo.

My equipment/setup:
TT Attack Stadium
3 segment grip (black)
string launcher (red)

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230D vs. MF Basalt Cancer 85B
Alternating shots
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230D 20/20 (20 OS, 0 KO)
MF Basalt Cancer 85B 0/20 (0 OS, 0 KO)
Basalt Cancer wins 0%

No surprises here for me (though I was surprised to see an earlier test where the 230D combo lost 4 times...) as the D tip had no effect on the overall impact points of the two beys.

MF-H Fang Leone II TH170CS (220) vs. MF Basalt Cancer 85B
Alternating shots
MF-H Fang Leone II TH170CS (220) 19/20 (19 OS, 0 KO)
MF Basalt Cancer 85B 1/20 (0 OS, 1 KO)
Basalt Cancer wins 5%

TH170 at the 220 height seems to have the same overall effect on this combo that 230 has - weathering the contact until Basalt 85b floor scrapes and stops spinning. I chose Fang Leone for the heck of it figuring (correctly I think) that the wheel wouldn't make much difference at the higher height. I didn't test the lower heights as the blader has a choice and if 220 works here the blader wouldn't pick anything else. The 1 KO that Basalt Cancer had on the TH170 track seemed to come by the Basalt ridges grabbing some part of TH170 and throwing it out with some vicious recoil.

Speaking of which, TH170 vs a low track Basalt wheel makes the more horrifying grinding sound I have ever heard. Its almost like you can hear it saying, "I'm going to grind down your TH170 until it breaks - and I will break it"... Not a match-up that I will be testing again on purpose!
Thanks Arupeo! So, we all know that this thing's weakness is BD145 and 230/TH170. So, we should go back to the old grind and do more testing on stamina/defense combos. I still need AD145 results. I'll do some testing today.
There really isn't much point, it doesn't take 230/TH170/BD145 which is relatively metagame heavy, if it doesn't stand a chance whatsoever - Whatever is the point of the combo then?

It may beat traditional metagame stamina, but so can 230CS.
(Jun. 16, 2011  4:48 PM)ControL_ Wrote: There really isn't much point, it doesn't take 230/TH170/BD145 which is relatively metagame heavy, if it doesn't stand a chance whatsoever - Whatever is the point of the combo then?

It may beat traditional metagame stamina, but so can 230CS.

Oh, I didn't think of that. Uncertain Well then, I guess we can call this combo a failure. Well, not completely, but... you know what I mean. Not useful. Thanks for all the testing you guys helped me with, hopefully I can find a really good combo soon!
my test with AD145 were not so good

MF-H Basalt Cancer 85B VS MF Earth Bull AD145WD

Cancer 19(12 0S 7KO)
Bull 1(1 OS 0 KO)

MF-H Basalt Cancer 85B VS MF Basalt Kerbecs AD145WD

Cancer 19 (11 OS 8 KO)
Kerbecs 1 (0 OS 1 KO)

Equipment used
TT attack stadium( BB-107)
Beylauncher LR
TT grip
My earth and burn were hasbro
and my cancer was gasher( Hasbro Version)
Cancer Shot First
Here are my tests. This combo is good in my metagame, with BD145CS around alot.

Standard Procedure

MF-M Meteo L-Drago D125XF (Barrage Mode) Vs MF-H Basalt Bull 85B
MF-M Meteo L-Drago: 5 wins (4 OS, 1 KO)
MF-H Basalt Bull: 15 wins (13 OS, 2 KO)
1 Draw
Win Percentage: 75%

I banked shot Meteo L-Drago at 20 - 30% . It did made Basalt Bull loses it balance and floor scrapes. I guess something is wrong with my launch that Meteo L-Drago did not consistently Force Smash Basalt Bull.