MF-L Scythe Escolpio 85RF

MF-L Scythe Escolpio 85RF

"My god this guy has eaten too much soap......"
"this guy has a mental disorder......"

It's like in their own thinking , Scythe doesn't have enough weight to be anything that is offensive in any way. It will scrape and die because of the low track 85 allows force smash to be utilized by the opponent. That said, it will easily lose to opposite spin as scraping is never something that's good.
But what if it wins Girago Dragooon SA165EWD?
But what if it wins Flash H145?
But what if it wins Duo 230MB?
And what if it wins synchrom attack?

Many people will just say I'm a liar and a cheat. But after reading about the parts, and reading the tests (videos are not up) you will realize that it can defeat the above.

Parts

The launch:
Equipment
Tests
vs attack
VS Stamina
VS balance
I informally tested against BD145 and E230 CS and it lost always, thanks to the stamina CS has and the disk blocking all contact wll the metal wheel.
Your last test only had 10 tests, u need 20
It's cool to see a combo thread regarding RF and defense. Scythe has been popular with low track defense so I think it's cool you decided to try this! I would test but I do not have a scythe.
I siad i didn't have enough time. I'll try doing the last 10 rounds after a few days.
[color=red (Click to View)
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
Even though Scythe is known to be good low I'm still a bit surprised at the results. Although you have all of the attacks on a 145 track, maybe at least try s130 & ch120.
I honestly don't believe half of these. I will test, but only if R2F would work in it's place.
@ drpepsidew you never believe my tests (just joking)

No, R2F, does not have the stamina and grip to os and ko attackers.
Where's the defense tests? Can somebody test against e230rb/CS plz
R2F has just as good grip to the stadium floor as RF. the stamina difference really is not that much.

Reading over the tests again, some seem to good to be true. How did you launch the attack types and this combo?
This combo was launched with the wide launch so it could have more overall speed.
The other attack types were slightly banked (like wide launch but more tilt) but were launched about 6 cm from the Scythe combo.
These results seem a bit to good to be true. Can you provide video evidence to support your claims?
Didn't Ultramarine Come up With This Combo Already Just different Metal face
See
It's kinda hard to believe it OSed girago dragoon sa165ewd three times, can we get some other members testing the same combos plz?
Wow I'm shocked. But I know an combo. It most likely. Can't beat Gryph Gryph SA165GCF
(Nov. 14, 2013  4:44 AM)XKai_DranzerX Wrote: Didn't Ultramarine Come up With This Combo Already Just different Metal face
See
Considering I don't own Scythe, I can't say I did.

Anyway, if not now, please provide some videos, as like others are saying, this just seems to good to be true. Not saying it's fake, just a little wary.
Test against MSF-L Wyvang Balro H145 R2F. This thing will get destroyed.
Wait...... sorry gus, I mixed up the flash and the koes of the girago dragooon tests. I copied it down from the 18 wins and stuff. the real ones are being edited now.
CONDITIONS
BB:10
Beylauncher R
Prime RF on Scythe
Mid-old RF on Wyvang
Scythe launched first on all launches
Scythe Escolpio 85RF vs Wyvang Wyvang S130 RF
Scythe: 1 Win (All OS)
Wyvang: 19 Wins (All KO)
1 tie redone
Scythe Win Percent: 5%

It was literally almost impossible for Scythe to KO the much heavier Wyvang, even with Wyvang's high recoil, it was only put out of the stadium 1 time(tie) which actually surprised me, but I just blamed it on my slightly worn RF. I am not sure why your results are so different...
At first I was pretty stunned, but I realized these results were a bit... too good.

I really didn't see how this would win against Wyvang so easily, maybe because it was paired with Balro- but either way, Switchblad3r's tests blew this out of the water...
He used S130 and I used W145
Maybe this was the difference
(Nov. 14, 2013  5:44 AM)cccyyy Wrote: He used S130 and I used W145
Maybe this was the difference
While I am a huge proponent of S130 over W145, I don't think it would make such a huge difference, if anything it would be the balro, but I just don't see that. I am going to do some informal tests and edit this post with results on Wyvang Balro.

Scythe Escolpio 85RF Vs. Wyvang Balro 100MF
Scythe: 0 Wins
Wyvang: 10 Wins
0 Ties
Scythe Win Rate: 0%

All matches were pretty close, with Scythe actually almost OSing Wyvang a few times, however even on MF Scythe was not able to KO the heavy synchrom. Wyvang got knocked around a bit, but nothing significant enough to actually put it out of the BB10.
OK, first off, I got really excited about this same thing a few weeks back... I loved the idea of Scythe RF as a Defense type. Then I actually tried it.

I love the idea, but there's a reason I didn't end up posting it:

MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang H145R2F vs. MSF-L Scythe Uranus 85RF
Uranus launched first on all launches. Semi-worn RF, Semi-worn R2F.
Wyvang: wins, 10/10 (6 OS, 4 KO)
Uranus: wins, 0/10
MSF-L Scythe Uranus 85RF win rate: 0%

OK, so it didn't stand up to the MSF-H Wyvang H145. Not many things can, and utilizing H145 this could possibly be the best attacker to use against this. Let's try it against a lighter hitting combo without the 85-height destroying H145:

Balro Balro W145R2F vs. MSF-L Scythe Uranus 85RF
Uranus launched first on all launches. Semi-worn RF, Semi-worn R2F.
Balro: wins, 17/20 (10 OS, 7 KO)
Uranus: wins, 3/20 (2 OS, 1 KO)
MSF-L Scythe Uranus 85RF win rate: 15%

*Facepalm* Tired

Here's the problem with this custom's concept. You're trying to mix Scythe Defense with anti-attack, right? Well, in theory it's a good idea, but...

The idea of an anti-attacker is to throw yourself at the opposing Attack type to meet their attack with your own force and stop them. This will work great with low recoil/heavy wheels, but Scythe is honestly kind of wimpy as far as mass goes. What you're doing here isn't meeting your opponent's attack really; it's more of throwing yourself into the line of fire, if you get what I'm saying.

Scythe 85RS/RB is great because it'll absorb shock and it's hard to get a solid hit on. However, neither one of those combos are looking to make contact. Putting RF on the custom is simply endangering yourself when you're using such a light, force-smash vulnerable wheel.

Now, back when I was testing this, I tried all kinds of Tracks and Metal Faces. I even tried BD145 at one point. 85 and 90 were force smashed to death. 105 was too tall not to be KOed when it gets high on the slope. 100 was best height I could get, but it was still not taking hits well at all without and MF-H, and even that was getting KOed 40% of the time. Aside from that, it had pitiful, pitiful stamina and couldn't even put up a fight against Wyvang R2F when it came to an endurance match.

That said, it's a nice idea, but it really doesn't work too great when you get down to it, at least for me. One thing that might've messed up your tests is whether or not you were launching the Attack type well. People sometimes have a tendency to launch the attacker with half-hearted technique/strength when they want the Defense type to get a good win rate. It's not intentional, it's just automatic/habitual. Whenever I'm testing a defender/Anti-Attack type I have to be very intentional about launching the Attack type the best I can. Otherwise, the results might come out far different.

Plus, there may just be something wrong that's making the combo work amazing for you and not for anyone else. That's happened to me a couple of times before. XD

Good effort. Smile lots of testing is what we need on this site. Keep it up.