MF-H Wing Bull 90 RS

Yeah i know but this is off topic with the other thing its like basalt was proven defence but also founded attack.
Well, why not just benchmark this a ton guys? That'd be the best thing to do right now!
May I try this combo vs flash Saggitario II S130/D125 RF?
No of course not!

All testing is welcome, man!
Gasp didnt see your tests.
Hm, this combo could be improved if you used a 3-sided CW like Unicorno II and Kerbecs but, I suppose Bull could good too, I don't have Wing though :\
(Mar. 13, 2012  3:58 PM)MFB Mad Master Wrote: Hm, this combo could be improved if you used a 3-sided CW like Unicorno II and Kerbecs but, I suppose Bull could good too, I don't have Wing though :\
I dont think so. Wing is more of a 6-sided wheel than it is a 3-sided. 3-sided CW would have little affect on Wing, at least in a defensive setting.
Wing is predominantly 3-sided.. The larger elements of the Metal Wheel (wings) tip you off to that. Now, if the Frame and Core were to be equal in size..

Anyway, Kerbecs aligns really well with Wing, no doubt.
Well, the CW is the most un-important attribute in a bey (just refer to th!nk's CW Guide). It's a tiny factor, but for Defense, I think <----------(Oh the irony!) it's a whole different story, because of it's weight, it needs to have equal weight distribution. If it doesn't, it's going to get OSed a lot.

Edit: Simplified XD
man what are you saying?
I am genuinely not sure what you're trying to say either... you seem to've had an entire monologue with yourself wherein you called things things that do not exist.

Upper Attack is not a thing in MFB.

Destabilizers are not a thing.

Basalt has irreconcilably horrid spin-times, it does not win battles by pure spin time.

CWs make a bigger difference than they are credited in many cases.
1. Since when did I refer Destabalizers as a thing?
2. Sorry, I meant Smash Attack.
3. I meant Basalt has great stamina in-battle, I know it has horrible solo spin time, I was refering to in-battle stamina.
And 4: CW's are a very tiny factor in a lot of cases, well besides Horogium which is extremely unbalanced, but if you don't believe me, check out th!nk's CW Guide. It clearly states a few times that it's a tiny factor.
2. It's probably kinda upward smash, but yeah calling it smash attack is fine, same thing, upward smash is just smash in a specific direction haha.
3. Basalt still has poor stamina, it just wrecks other wheels stamina enough to OS them.
4. Not really. CW's are by far the least important factor in most cases, but they're still important (otherwise I wouldn't have written such a long guide), especially with the state of the game as it is, where slight weight/balance differences can be the difference between 20-0 and 0-20. Plus, on low track combinations, they can make contact, s'yeah, it is a big deal, otherwise I wouldn't have already mentioned Bull being a poor choice of CW earlier in the thread.

Also, Horogium isn't really particularly uneven, and it's too lightweight for any imbalance have a big impact on performance (literally one side of the CW could be missing, it being so thin and it wouldn't be a big deal). Gill is much more uneven, and even then only has a small effect.
Citing th!nk's guide to me, and in likely presence of th!nk himself, is pretty gutsy, bro.

You called a part a destabilizer. Erasing the evidence from your post does not erase it from my mind.
I know that of course, but I just simplified it so you guys have an easier time reading it, sometimes I am very confusing XD
Well, I seemingly missed this thread since it was made...
Nice testing, and quite nice results until the arrival of Flash.
We may still like to see more tests here, though.
The Clear Wheel alignment thingy can be sorted out by some member who has both Wing and Kerbecs/Unicorno, other requirements, and also the time to test. Smile
Wing was underrated since quite a long time, probably overshadowed by its Set-partner Duo. Its nice to see it return, but its probably too late, as Flash has arrived now...

MFB Mad Master- CWs are the least important part of a bey. That does not mean they are unimportant.
Jan's unimportant metaphors-
But actually, whatever you said made no sense whatsoever, so there's no point trying to defend yourself now...
(Mar. 14, 2012  11:02 PM)Hazel Wrote: I am genuinely not sure what you're trying to say either... you seem to've had an entire monologue with yourself wherein you called things things that do not exist.

Basalt has irreconcilably horrid spin-times, it does not win battles by pure spin time.

beat had upper. Most likely the only wheel that does.

I could not beat this combination with any attack combos, for the record.
I think what Hazel is trying to say is that there is basically no beys that have Upper Attack except Beat so it basically doesn't exist as an actual category, but it has a category of it's own, but having one bey with a category of it's own isn't very useful in the metagame because there is no variety of Upper Attack Wheels to customize with.
No, I think Hazel just meant there was no upper attack. Hazel isn't the kind of person to "forget" to include information. He is very thorough, but beat was used a lot in NY so we've witnessed it flipping over beys and general lifting.

Either way, Beat is terrible now that Diablo is out.

Sniper, why not RB? I thought that was your original choice? RS is nice for remaining stable (great on 230), but it has no movement. Wing has some attack on it so why not utilize that by adding RB?
(Mar. 15, 2012  6:07 PM)Deikailo Wrote: No, I think Hazel just meant there was no upper attack. Hazel isn't the kind of person to "forget" to include information. He is very thorough, but beat was used a lot in NY so we've witnessed it flipping over beys and general lifting.

Either way, Beat is terrible now that Diablo is out.

Sniper, why not RB? I thought that was your original choice? RS is nice for remaining stable (great on 230), but it has no movement. Wing has some attack on it so why not utilize that by adding RB?

I dont have RB and when i used it at Spiral it made it too easy for it to be knocked out when it was on RB because it was moving too much. On RS it moved but only in minor counter movements which in some situations actuall made some combos fly out. @janstar my combo was never tested against flash 90 RDF was tested
Beat and Upper Attack in the same sentence..
Perhaps both my Beat's are playing practical jokes on me and not showing me what they can really do..? Flipping beyblades does not necessarily mean Upper was playing a part.. I've had wheels with no trace of Upper (any/all MFB wheels basically) flip opposing combos. Albeit rare as carp, but yeah, not Upper.

Anyway, I think you mean now that Flash is out. (I honestly think Diablo is trash for Attack, but whatever.)
Are you banking deeply? I remember Ga'Hooleone saying "If you don't bank deeply enough, Beat won't KO diddly-poops."
(Mar. 15, 2012  4:42 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2012  11:02 PM)Hazel Wrote: I am genuinely not sure what you're trying to say either... you seem to've had an entire monologue with yourself wherein you called things things that do not exist.

beat had upper. Most likely the only wheel that does.

I could not beat this combination with any attack combos, for the record.

Upper Smash, yes.

Upper Attack, no. Metal wheels do not maintain contact anywhere near long enough, the slopes on Beat aren't conducive, and - speaking as someone who favors the Beat wheel and uses it in preference to Blitz in personal playing - the KOs are clearly more heavily comparable to Upper Smash than Upper Attack - the hits are usually instantaneous jumps or flips.

Upper Smash flips and lifts, too, but it looks different than Upper Attack, and generally happens a lot faster and more dramatically. The difference being that Upper Smash occurs from smaller ramps with large blunt contact points, which is exactly what Beat has, rather than long, deep slopes that the opposing bey "slides" up off of, which does not exist in MFB.

I apologize if there was any confusion caused by me using the appropriate terms.

EDIT: And, yes, Beat is generally not effective - and certainly not being optimized - unless it's being banked almost to the point of scraping, especially on GB145 - which is the most optimal track for it, in my experience.
I do think there is a specific combo that does show upper attack a little bit but it is outclassed: MF-H Cyber ______ 85/90 XF/WF/F. The reason it has some upper attack is because of it's smooth, upper slopes.
Cyber?! Are you trying to joke around? Tongue_out

Hazel already put forward the theories which make Upper Attack next to impossible in MFB. So, there's no point in trying to blindly prove that Upper is possible in MFB.
Upper may be possible, but its effect is TOO minor. The lifts may happen once in a hundred tries or something...

Moreover, we are actually straying from topic, so it'd be better that we stop now, I think. Hazel's post actually served as a seal to this conversation, but...