MF-H Scythe Uranus 85RS (Updated 6/21/12)

The reccomended combo on back of Scythe Kronos is :

MF-H Scythe Lynx 90 RS (Balance Type - Stamina Mode)
(Jun. 14, 2012  1:39 AM)Mu Wrote: The reccomended combo on back of Scythe Kronos is :

MF-H Scythe Lynx 90 RS (Balance Type - Stamina Mode)

Haha, it is indeed! I hadn't looked at the box until now, lol; TT knew what they were talking about, though, if these tests have any actual weight.

I did some more testing with Flash, and Scythe surprisingly held its own against CH120 but came up short (pun intended) against DF105 as expected:

MF-H Scythe Uranus 85RS vs. MF-H Flash Scorpio CH120RF
Flash: 4 (4 KO)
Scythe: 16 (15 OS, 1 KO)
Scythe Win %: 80%

I was very, very surprised by this result, as I expected CH120 to be short enough to get good contact with the metal wheel, but that just isn't what happened. Someone else, please test this yourself!

MF-H Scythe Uranus 85RS vs. MF-H Flash Scorpio DF105RF
Flash: 12 (1 OS, 11 KO)
Scythe: 8 (8 OS)
Scythe Win %: 40%

Here we go, this is starting to look more like the Flash we know. Scythe did better than I thought it would, but many of the OSs were due to wall saves. Strangely, Flash on DF105 caused Scythe to self-KO (basically scrape and spin itself out of the stadium) a lot, something the other heights did not do.

Please, everyone, I implore you, test this combo yourself and post your results. I might just be horrible with Flash, I don't know, but this seems to be working. Also, again, if anyone has Blitz and/or VariAries, please test this against them as I do not have either wheel.

I put the results in the OP.
How would MF-H Scythe Uranus 85 RS (Attack Mode ) do against Flash DF105 RF... can you please test Ingulit...?
But using this combo in Attack Mode increases recoil, chances of breaking, and defeats the whole purpose of this combo, especially against a combo where the PC Frame will make a huge difference... ._.
Yeah, I mean, I could try attack mode, but like Ga'Hooleone said it defeats the purpose of this combo entirely. The results should only be much worse, like maybe 10% if it's lucky.

Anyway, please, if you guys could test these customs yourself and post your results, it would really help; I was surprised that CH120 wasn't short enough, and I might just be launching it incorrectly. I probably won't use this in tournament until someone else either backs up or debunks these results.
Ok someone asked for tests? Well here they are. RS was hasbro, lightly worn.

MF-H Scythe Uranus 85RS (stamina) vs MF-H Flash Lynx CH120RF
Scythe: 2/20 (1 KO, 1 OS)
Flash: 18/20 (All KO)

Scythe Win Rate: 10%

The single ko by scythe was caused by flash hitting the clear wheel and "hopping" out of the stadium. The OS was flash being knocked off slide path.

Ingulit Try checking your rf speed, and the condition of your flash. You may need to consider buying a new one if the sides look beat down.
That is true, as stamina mode is a safer option... I think its best that either you get a new Flash, or you get a new RF or R2F Ingulit. Also, try testing with Metal Flat on Flash Ingulit. If you don't have MF, try to get one Ingulit...
I typically use Metal Flat on Flash, actually, since it has a good chance of OSing the opponent if things go wrong the first few seconds and you don't land a KO.

Thank you very much for doing those tests, really. I've certainly used my Flash a lot, so it's somewhat worn, but I didn't think it was major just yet. It might be my RF, as I know that's decently worn.

I'll add your results to the OP. I figured CH120 would be short enough. If other attack wheels could be tested too, that'd be awesome.
I could get vari tests up tom. Anything else you'd like?

And BTW going through flash is perfectly normal. I'm nearing the need for a 3rd flash currently. Not quite there yet, so I'm trying to minimize the amount of use my flash gets.
Not to be a nitpick or anything, but in the OP it says SH130 and it should be S130...

Aslo, Ingulit, please try to test with MF-H Flash H145/GB145/S130/DF105 MF...
Vari tests would be lovely. Blitz would be cool too, but I'm mostly interested in how it handles left-spin VariAres. If you have RB, try using it on Scythe if you could.

I actually figured out what was happening: both my RF was too worn and my launcher's prongs were getting loose. I replaced the prongs with some from one of my Hasbro launchers and it's working fine now, and now that I've switched to R2F/MF I'm getting much better speeds and results from my Flash. I redid some CH120 tests and they were much, much closer to Meow!'s results.

Mu, nitpicking is totally welcome and appreciated, I'll change that asap. I'll also work on MF tests.

EDIT: I went ahead and removed my results on CH120 and H145 from the main testing section in the OP and I'll be re-trying those tests before I put mine back up. While I trust my own testing, I still might not be the best Flash user.
I feel that at this point, it's probably best if you decide on the selection of the bottom, be it RS/RB, since it is an integral part of a customization. They have different movements, different friction / traction, etc, and most importantly, different win rates.

Don't forget to change the title to reflect your decision.
Gotcha, I understand completely. I'm going to make the thread about RS since I do not have RB to test myself, but I'd still like to encourage testing with RB since there hasn't been enough to show a massive difference in win rates. I'll update the OP once I can edit it on my computer rather than from my phone.
Oh, hey, a thread for this was made. I was wondering when it was happened, it's been mentioned a few times (probably because of the box thing, we've got a few good combos outta that), but never got a thread.

It's definitely very hard to budge this kinda thing, though you may want to test it against some left spin stuff (MF LDD BD145RF perhaps) as I recall having issues with them (IIRC Uwik mentioned that to me when I mentioned the combo to him some time, I tried it and yeah). I don't remember the exact combo I was struggling with, though.

Personally, I don't see that big an issue with the tip thing. If both are effective and the combination is effective for the same reason, which in this case is related more to the PC Frame than the tip (though the tip does help a lot, it's more that it is defensively powerful, which both RS and RB are), then there's no real reason to divide them up. If the tests are kept in separate groups in the OP then it's not a huge issue, either.
I have updated the thread and the combo! I finally got RB, and now that I've tested with it I can safely say the best tip for this combo is RS. I really wanted to take advantage of RB's vastly superior balance and stamina, but sadly it's just too darn tall to be effective (nearly two millimeters taller than RS, which is massive). The custom on RB was getting KOed by Flash on GB145, something that just doesn't happen with RS. So, the final combo is MF-H Scythe Uranus 85RS.

(Jun. 21, 2012  5:35 AM)th!nk Wrote: It's definitely very hard to budge this kinda thing, though you may want to test it against some left spin stuff (MF LDD BD145RF perhaps) as I recall having issues with them (IIRC Uwik mentioned that to me when I mentioned the combo to him some time, I tried it and yeah). I don't remember the exact combo I was struggling with, though.

I don't have LDD, actually, but I do have LRF and a really heavy LDG I could try. I just got a new BD145 (my others wouldn't hold my metal faces well), so I can test against L-Drago BD145 variants. I am also interested in how it does against left spin attackers; while RS makes me think it would do poorly, I don't know if the PC frame might cause some hijinks or something that would help it.
Anyone use this at a tournament?
(Jun. 22, 2012  12:45 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Anyone use this at a tournament?

I did back in October 2011. Twice and lost both times.
(Jun. 22, 2012  2:25 AM)Uwik Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2012  12:45 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Anyone use this at a tournament?

I did back in October 2011. Twice and lost both times.

Thats just sad, cause i win every time i use it.
(Jun. 22, 2012  4:53 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: Thats just sad, cause i win every time i use it.

Haha, if you remember, I actually used it right after you suggested it to me. To be fair, I lost to MF-H LDD BD145 RF both times. That's not exactly a 'Smash Attacker' is it? Smile
Ingulit : You should try testing this combo with RDF (just as/for a comparsion between the two)...

MF-H Scythe Uranus 85 RDF

(Jun. 24, 2012  6:09 PM)Mu Wrote: Ingulit : You should try testing this combo with RDF (just as/for a comparsion between the two)...

MF-H Scythe Uranus 85 RDF

I did test it, as I mentioned in the OP. RDF kept scraping, which caused Scythe to scrape, which caused the bey to self-KO. It was also very tall, which is not a plus on this custom (which is why RB didn't work Unhappy ).
Ingulit, Then Try EDS or DS (if possible)...
@Mu:
Additionally, I tried Scythe Cancer 90EWD, and it floor-scraped like crazy. DS isn't much higher than that, so yeah.
Hmm I don't know if this is allowed since this thread is old but can you possibly test this versus Diablo Unicorno II D125R2F?