MF-H Scythe Uranus 85RS (Updated 6/21/12)

I am an advocate of this being top-tier now that the attack meta has shifted, but with the stipulation that this is STRICTLY anti-meta. If there are a lot of spin stealers this is NOT a safe pick, and we need to also remember that while this does well against one of the most powerful attackers out there, the fact is that far fewer people have two Wyvangs than Flash (especially since the Hyperblades release). Now, this custom does do well against most Flash customs, so if you know your meta it can be a solid choice.

What I'm getting at is that I think this is top-tier worthy, but more because it does well IN THEORY. If your meta is Synchrom attack heavy, this guy can get the job done.

EDIT: To address an earlier comment, yes, (MSF-H) Wyvang Wyvang H145(RF/R2F) would give this hell if it is an effective track for Wyvang^2. (Somebody should totally test H145 and see if it's good or not lol)
I understand what your saying good point I also horogium is great on scythe.its low and smooth. So higer attacks won't hurt to much but the ring isent hit to much thanks to its smootheness and can take a good hit and has good stamina even towards the end of the battle despite the hole in the energy ring
Have you tested Escolpio on this combo yet?
Personally I've always liked small, low-recoil CW's on this combo as it mostly works by avoiding hits/taking them on the PC frame at least in my experience. Given the lack of movement and relatively light weight I imagine escolpio's properties would only be a liability, but my best attacker is flash (which I find I have to use on GB145 at the cost of even less of a chance against this than S130/CH120 etc) so perhaps there's some things I've missed.
This combo is absolutely amazing. There's no other way to give it or Ingulit justice really. It is amazing. Ingulit didn't stumble upon this. He has a very systematic nature to him. He's very driven. I however have high functioning autism.
(Jun. 07, 2013  1:26 AM)Yuko Ray14 Wrote: Although that may be true, left spin is very dominant, so anything left spin will cream it, as th!nk previously stated previously......

I really don't see high frequencies of left-spin combinations in the current metagame. I come up against left-spin in only about 1 out of 11 matches. :\ Any E230 defense combo will get "creamed"
by opposite-spin as well, but they're still all on the tier list...

Now for the reason I revived this thread after over a month.

I just got Scythe in the mail like 3 hours ago, and as soon as I tried this out, it got absolutely destroyed by Wyvang Wyvang. Unhappy It didn't get KOed (except once), but it scraped soooooo bad that it just lost by OS every single time. All the parts I used were brand new. Am I launching it wrong?
did wyvang wyvang hit it at a downward angle and what was the exact combo and how did you launch scythe
(Jul. 18, 2013  2:21 AM)aurawolf Wrote: did wyvang wyvang hit it at a downward angle and what was the exact combo and how did you launch scythe

MF-H Scythe Uranus 85RS vs. Wyvang Wyvang GB145R2F. I just launched it normally, upright in the center. Confused
hmm guess it doesent work for everyone doe you have Pices?
(Jul. 18, 2013  4:07 AM)aurawolf Wrote: hmm guess it doesent work for everyone doe you have Pices?

Yah, I was thinking about trying that out instead, since Uranus wasn't actually tested against Wyvang. Smile
My guess is the force smash of Wyvang allowed it to OS.
theblackdragon could you do test with pices then?
MF-H Scythe Pisces 85RS vs. Wyvang Wyvang GB145R2F
New RS. Worn R2F. Pisces launched fist on all launches.
Wyvang: wins, 10/10 (2 KO, 8 OS)
Pisces: wins, 0/10
MF-H Scythe Pisces 85RS win rate: 0%

:\ I have no idea what's going on... this combo doesn't like me. Tongue_out
Either that or your launch is legendary haha.
That's really, really strange... Maybe your RS is short or something? I mean, this custom's stamina is far from noteworthy, but mine certainly OSes Wyvang if it's not KOed :\

Maybe try MF-M/MF-L/90? None of those is ideal (though MF-M might reduce recoil now that I think about it... HMMMMM), but if it's scraping that badly then maybe those would help.
(Jul. 18, 2013  6:59 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: MF-H Scythe Pisces 85RS vs. Wyvang Wyvang GB145R2F
New RS. Worn R2F. Pisces launched fist on all launches.
Wyvang: wins, 10/10 (2 KO, 8 OS)
Pisces: wins, 0/10
MF-H Scythe Pisces 85RS win rate: 0%

:\ I have no idea what's going on... this combo doesn't like me. Tongue_out
Are you using your worn R2F (The one you used in Barlo^2 CH120 R2F)? Maybe your RS is short (Like Ingulit had posted). Seems really odd though.
It's not actually out-doing its stamina, it's making direct hits over and over and making it scrape really, really bad. It's a brand new Takara Tomy RS from the strongest Blader set. Confused I tried it with 90 and it didn't help much at all. It still only hit a 10% win rate.

ginga: That's a possibility Wink
Sorry for the necro, but I was glancing at this thread a bit throughout the week and decided to give the combo a go.

From playing around with the combo, it definitely (like it has already been determined) has some issues against LTAC, but has a lot more success when paired other attack is paired higher tracks.

What made me happy today was how I was able to beat Kei 3-0 at LMAO's Birthday Beynanza Part 2 with Scythe Uranus against his MSF-H Balro Balro BD145MF. Even despite lack of contact between the Metal and Chrome Wheels, I was still impressed nevertheless.

I believe it's been already been considered for the tier-list and didn't end up getting on it, but despite, again, not preforming so well against LTAC and addmitedly not having the upper-hand over BD145 and E230 defense in any sort of way, I think it should still be kept in mind.
That was pretty much the perfect match up for this combo! I certainly didn't see it coming. There was mostly BD145 on Scythe contact happening, so there wasn't much I could do ... even Tornado Stalling didn't work. That said, it was a pretty risky choice because practically anything else I could have chosen would have beaten it. Given how rampant left-spin BD145RDF combos are in the metagame right now as well, I don't think this combo has much use despite being really good against specific things.
I agree with Kei,but Ingulit won at a NY tournament with this combo(i forgot when).
I think RDF would give it more of a fighting chance due to it having somewhat of a life after death compared to RS where it just flops to the ground haha (at least against left spins, definitely not against right spin stamina combos)
Kei Wrote:That was pretty much the perfect match up for this combo! I certainly didn't see it coming. There was mostly BD145 on Scythe contact happening, so there wasn't much I could do ... even Tornado Stalling didn't work.

BD145RDF was second option, but I really wanted to test Scythe out (not like I'd really be losing many points if I lost the match), maybe even impress you with it. And again, it definitely doesn't have the upper-hand over BD145RDF variant. It has issues against LTAC and doesn't have the LAD capability RDF has to provide.

Kei Wrote:That said, it was a pretty risky choice because practically anything else I could have chosen would have beaten it. Given how rampant left-spin BD145RDF combos are in the metagame right now as well, I don't think this combo has much use despite being really good against specific things.

What I considered was what you most likely probably know me to go for; stamina combination. With that, seeing as you don't go for any attack and Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF and Balro Balro BD145MF being the closest things to it, I kind of left it down to those two choices for something being able to KO. You are right, however. Had of you gone for an F230 variant or Dragooon SA165EWD (which you tend to go for), I would have been screwed.
(Jun. 25, 2015  10:38 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: I think RDF would give it more of a fighting chance due to it having somewhat of a life after death compared to RS where it just flops to the ground haha (at least against left spins, definitely not against right spin stamina combos)

Yeah Scythe RDF is alot better Leone7 told me about that combo a while back.
(Jun. 26, 2015  1:03 AM)UltimateOrion Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2015  10:38 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: I think RDF would give it more of a fighting chance due to it having somewhat of a life after death compared to RS where it just flops to the ground haha (at least against left spins, definitely not against right spin stamina combos)

Yeah Scythe RDF is alot better Leone7 told me about that combo a while back.

OP:
(Jun. 13, 2012  6:08 AM)Ingulit Wrote: RDF: This tip did not work because it had a strange tendency to self-KO when knocked even slightly off-balance.

When a combo using RDF gets knocked off-balance, it can very easily start flying all over the place as it rides on RDF's edge instead of the rubber tip. This gets worse / more frequent the more worn out the tip is. RDF's LAD / precession capabilities are great against left-spin, but only if you don't get bumped the wrong way and go flying all over the place. It should handle BD145 nicely though.
(Jun. 26, 2015  7:45 AM)Cake Wrote: When a combo using RDF gets knocked off-balance, it can very easily start flying all over the place as it rides on RDF's edge instead of the rubber tip. This gets worse / more frequent the more worn out the tip is. RDF's LAD / precession capabilities are great against left-spin, but only if you don't get bumped the wrong way and go flying all over the place. It should handle BD145 nicely though.
Use a hasbro RDF, the rubber part is significantely higher compared to takara tomy, which is why there really was no problem for me at all.