MF Gravity Perseus AD145RS

(May. 05, 2011  8:42 PM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 05, 2011  9:21 AM)th!nk Wrote: Also, I'd assume maximum meteor (probably my favourite top combo), would beat this anyway. (Sorry if testing was done, I haven't been able to thoroughly read this thread yet.

So yeah, good combo, but not that practical. Other tracks might be worth looking into, s130, ed145, etc. But yeah, rs has never been that good for tourneys, as I said.

Obviously that combo would beat it. XF has an infinitely higher amount of Stamina.

I don't agree. It can be risky, but you just have to be careful with where and how you use it.

Here are some tests with a mint RS:

MF-H Gravity Perseus AD145RS (Mint RS, Left Spin, Defense Mode) vs. MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF
MF-H Gravity Perseus AD145RS: 4 wins
MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF: 6 wins
Gravity Perseus win percentage: 40%

MF-H Gravity Perseus AD145RS (Mint RS, Left Spin, Defense Mode) vs. MF Lightning L Drago BD145RF
MF-H Gravity Perseus AD145RS: 6 wins
MF Lightning L Drago BD145RF: 4 wins
Gravity Perseus win percentage: 60%

And to make sure that last time wasn't a fluke, here are some more tests with the worn RS that I used last time:

MF-H Gravity Perseus AD145RS (Worn RS, Left Spin, Defense Mode) vs. MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF
MF-H Gravity Perseus AD145RS: 8 wins
MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF: 2 wins
Gravity Perseus win percentage: 80%

In all sets of testing, Lightning L Drago's wins were via KO.

since maximum meteor can beat it and most people use it, what is the point of using MF-H Gravity Perseus AD145RS?
Most people do not use Maximum Meteor at all..
I think I am the only one who uses it constantly. This is a counter to a specific combination, most of those don't turn out well against the plethora of other combinations out there for one reason or another. If only I had RS, anyone mind doing tests with me at the next recruitment session? Probably more accurate than controlled tests, no?
(May. 05, 2011  9:48 PM)Dan Wrote: Most people do not use Maximum Meteor at all..
I think I am the only one who uses it constantly. This is a counter to a specific combination, most of those don't turn out well against the plethora of other combinations out there for one reason or another. If only I had RS, anyone mind doing tests with me at the next recruitment session? Probably more accurate than controlled tests, no?

everyone should us it, Maximum Meteor is very good
Time to buy a Grand Ketos, Hell Kerbecs and Gravity Perseus to test this out vs LT
If a worn RS is better, would RSF suffice for this combo? I'm just curious.
RS has always had better defence than RSF, so no.
at a tournament at king games in brooklyn new york Bluzee ( 9th place ) beat a guy by breaking his earth with tank in a real battle
Why did ya say that here?
Moreover, why did he even post that in the first place?

Anyway, I've only vaguely read over the post in this thread since I know it won't do well against certain combos, even with the stamina clear wheel. A counter isn't viable unless it can beat multiple customs, so I'm not all that interested in this, but nice work anyway... Hopefully, that wasn't too harshly worded, I'm not hating on you, just stating the facts, somehow. Also, Momiji, I too beleive so but the RSF from RBV7 really interests me, the wider surface area, better balance and softer rubber may prove andvantageous in instances where RS may have been put to better use over CS. I really dislike CS, it's dodgy. Well, atleast mine is, so I'm going to go rant about it because mines screwed now.
(May. 08, 2011  1:01 AM)momiji manju Wrote: RS has always had better defence than RSF, so no.
Who Said RS was better then RSF? Both Are even But RS Wear Down easily and RSF Takes Awhile To wear it down
(May. 10, 2011  2:55 AM)Galaxy4ever Wrote: Who Said RS was better then RSF? Both Are even But RS Wear Down easily and RSF Takes Awhile To wear it down

In terms of pure defense RS can take hits better than RSF. The only thing RSF has over RS is that it doesn't lose balance as easily. There are tests showing this if you look.
(May. 10, 2011  3:07 AM)Byser Wrote:
(May. 10, 2011  2:55 AM)Galaxy4ever Wrote: Who Said RS was better then RSF? Both Are even But RS Wear Down easily and RSF Takes Awhile To wear it down

In terms of pure defense RS can take hits better than RSF. The only thing RSF has over RS is that it doesn't lose balance as easily. There are tests showing this if you look.
as RS wears down it just creates a Flat Circle is that the point?
That would be illegal for play, as that greatly affects the performance of the tip.
However, questions about RS and RSF belong in the "Ask a question, get an answer!" Thread.
I would like to see some tests with Hero against Maximum Meteor if possible.
Just a prediction, but I'm thinking it [Defending Hero] will be severely out-spun. I could be wrong, but it is a probable occurrence.
(May. 13, 2011  2:55 AM)Dan Wrote: Just a prediction, but I'm thinking it [Defending Hero] will be severely out-spun. I could be wrong, but it is a probable occurrence.
well it did happened when I tried Lighting L Drago Lack of Stamina
Dan, I know that it is almost garunteed that Hero will be outspun due to XF being plastic.
I'm just interested if Hero can take MM's hits and stay in the stadium against it.
It definitely can. MLD isn't a giant smash attacker.
Wouldn't CS make a better choice?
I'm thinking that CS won't be able to stay inside the stadium, as even with RS, LT does have a chance of knocking out Hero if early in the match.
Originally CS for defense was the best and RS was the alternative so I still think CS is better. It has much better defense and does well against attack and stamina.
RS defends well against Left spin, I think.
Ryuga, No.

CS is being chosen over RS for defence only because of the better Balance and stamina.
RS is initally a better defence bottom, there are tests to prove what I'm saying, however I can't find the thread at the moment.
RS vs RSF vs CS Sticky Grip thread is what you are referring to.
CS would defeat the purpose of doing well against LT, it would just do better against everything else. Thus, the price of niche combinations.
Yeah CS definitely would not be the right choice for this. This is a pure Defense combo, and it needs as much grip as it can get.

Though, on the subject of changing parts, I'm thinking that replacing AD145 with something like GB145 wouldn't hurt this custom at all.