[MANHATTAN, NY] ~ Haunted City Bey Clash ~ 10/30/10

on
Hosted by
  Ikki
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Name: Haunted City Bey Clash
Date: Saturday October 30, 2010
Venue: Central Park South in Heckscher Playground
Expected Turnout: 15-50
Format: Stantard Format, Block Round Robin System
Additional information:
For Free Play(2-3pm) - All generation of Beyblades are allowed, Libra wheel as well.

For Tournament (3:15pm+) - Only MFB beyblades are allowed, libra wheel excluded.

Its the day before Halloween!!! Wear your costume!!! I'll be a vampire. There will also be Halloween events that day in Central Park!!!

To get to Central Park south, you can take the R, N or Q train and get off at Fifth avenue and 59th street. Also you can take the number 4 train and get off at 59th street.

You can also take the ABCD1 trains to 59th st. Columbus Circle. Thank you Cye Kinomiya for that info Smile

Prizes will be announced at the tournament and will most likely be mailed to to address of the winners.

If anyone can bring in any TAKARA TOMY (not Hasbro) stadiums, that would be great!!

Hasbro stadiums ofcourse are allowed for free play as well as Sonokong and Alladin Stadiums.

Times:
1) Meet up at 5th ave and E. 59th ST at 1:30pm
- After meeting up here please wait till 2, watch the breakdancing or shows that occur here Smile
2) Head to Heckscher Park and start free play from 2-3pm
3) Official tournament starts at 3:15pm
There is a $5 Entrance Fee to get into the tournament. If you purchase a $10 Blader pass here, or at the tournament, then you can join any Bey Blade Tournament for a whole year starting from the date bought.

Please watch over your own bags, judges will keep an eye on them but we are not responsible for anything that belongs to you.
* IF you are borrowing your bey blade or launcher or any parts, you are required to tell this to a judge! If you don't you will be disqualified.
* We are following the standard format rules, click here to view them.

Once confirmed we will assign you to a color group. Please remember this, we will repeat it at the tournament.

Confirmed Guests:
Blue

Ikki
dannyboi04(Bringing people)
flameplum1
ShippudenFace
TheSilverBlader
highflyeagle
SkyPrince
darkgasher55555

Red

yunglync139
johnthewolf
yungtiger139
dragoon51
ljc1221
BLACK_PEGASUS
BeyStrategist(Bringing Someone)

Green

chops12311
kenny140
ricky140
Pisces Bey (Bringing a friend)
ayrip
CyberStark
CononKudo

Maybe List:

Cye Kinomiya
BladerInvasion
skaterforlife
Bluezee
Zackblack12
evoion44

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

can you put me on the list please
Everythings been updated!!!

I hope your all ready for tommorow Smile
what are the color groups for? :3
(Oct. 30, 2010  3:21 AM)Sky Prince Wrote: what are the color groups for? :3

organization, it's block round robin and the color denotes your block Smile

don't worry about it lolz, I'll explain it in person to everyone there as well, it's our first attempt at a more organized tournament Smile
Good luck today guys. I hope everything goes well.
I wont be able to attend this one. Plans ruin everything but I hope all goes well today.
I might be coming
i lost in the first round that stinks if you want to see some footage of the tourney go to Beyteam1 in probably 2 hours i will upload it congratulations to the winners Joseph317 and the second place winner i don't know his full username but i am guessing YoungLinc and i don't know third place's username sorry but congrats for winning the thing i hated was that everyone left as soon as the tourney finished oh well i had fun
It is at least three hours after the tournament, and there is so little feedback ? I hope everything went well this time ...
i'm having some problems with the videos so the videos might be up tomorrow never mind imma upload them later today
Yeah it got windy so we all had to leave... Almost everything went fine this time.. Almost..
Organization was awesome we had tons of fun but I couldn't get a hold of a takara stadiu hoping that bluezee would sell, but he had plans and I was too late to see that.. So instead I had everyone vote on a stadium and they also decided to test how balanced it was, we has to use the pegasus tornado stadium.. But all went well after that.. However for future refrence we should always come prepared for anything..
I'll pm the win/loss numbers.
where can i find da battles at
if you want ot see the footage of the tourney go to the thebeyteam1 imma upload it in maybe half a hour
the video is going to be up soon the first part is already getting published to youtube
(Oct. 31, 2010  3:04 AM)Ikki Wrote: Yeah it got windy so we all had to leave... Almost everything went fine this time.. Almost..
Organization was awesome we had tons of fun but I couldn't get a hold of a takara stadiu hoping that bluezee would sell, but he had plans and I was too late to see that.. So instead I had everyone vote on a stadium and they also decided to test how balanced it was, we has to use the pegasus tornado stadium.. But all went well after that.. However for future refrence we should always come prepared for anything..
Seriously ? Did you read the rulebooks ? The Pegasus Thunder Whip is not legal.

Damn it. No tournament in Manhattan for months now, I will not trust anybody from there in a while. Another event where people paid essentially for nothing because the matches were not up to standards and therefore cannot be processed.

I am seriously disappointed.
hey guys the first part of the tourney is up second part is on it's way
(Oct. 31, 2010  12:51 AM)TheSilverBlader Wrote: i lost in the first round that stinks if you want to see some footage of the tourney go to Beyteam1 in probably 2 hours i will upload it congratulations to the winners Joseph317 and the second place winner i don't know his full username but i am guessing YoungLinc and i don't know third place's username sorry but congrats for winning the thing i hated was that everyone left as soon as the tourney finished oh well i had fun

lol. i got 3rd place. I would have gotten 2nd place too. Before we put the final round on pause, I was beating yunglync139 ( i believe was his user name) 2-1. Then it got all disorganized. I never did verse yunglync139 again because apparently we did not have time to do a another round to decide 2nd/3rd place. So yunglync139 was just given 2nd place and i was given 3rd (which is not a fair way to decide 2nd/3rd place). i don't care about winning or losing. All i care about is winning my place fair and square.
the second part is almost done and imma upload part 3 now
(Oct. 31, 2010  4:12 AM)TheSilverBlader Wrote: the second part is almost done and imma upload part 3 now

thanks for uploading. lol. i commented on both of them. also, thanks for pulling the camera over to me. haha, people don't usually do that. I have this bad habit of not being on youtube videos when i want to (when the uploader is not me). i really appreciate it. =) can't wait to see part 3 =)
(Oct. 31, 2010  3:33 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Oct. 31, 2010  3:04 AM)Ikki Wrote: Yeah it got windy so we all had to leave... Almost everything went fine this time.. Almost..
Seriously ? Did you read the rulebooks ? The Pegasus Thunder Whip is not legal.

Damn it. No tournament in Manhattan for months now, I will not trust anybody from there in a while. Another event where people paid essentially for nothing because the matches were not up to standards and therefore cannot be processed.

I am seriously disappointed.

It wasn't a thunder whip. he said "pegasus tornado stadium". and things were less difficult than i was expecting... although i still wish i could have versed yunglynk for 2nd place. When i was versing him, i was beating him 2-1 until we had to put it on pause and redo some battles (cause there was a tiny mess up with the scoring in another match). I wouldn't have minded versing him for 2nd place. I would have beat him fast too (no offense to him). i'm just frustrated i got 3nd place in an unfair manner. as it says in my signature: ..... umm, actually, just read it....
last part will be uploaded tomorrow cuz i want to watch tv and sleep
Did you really collect the money without having a Takara stadium?
(Oct. 31, 2010  5:58 AM)TheSilverBlader Wrote: last part will be uploaded tomorrow cuz i want to watch tv and sleep

no, it's cool. thanks for uploading. =) can't wait to see the semi-finals
here are the videos guys:
(I didn't upload them. thank TheSilverBlader. I'm just posting the links)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXTbZ3BK84w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-atzzYRSzw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB9ghJdbQOg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZXT4WFrGsE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8iT5Ij3BPI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWEV2nLpfbA
So from what I am understanding, money was collected and the tourney was messed up again? That's not good. It looks like me and Cye will have to do one right to make an example. No money should have ever been collected without the proper standards being followed. On top of that, I should not have been the sole provider on having to bring the takara stadium. I made it know in advance that I couldnt come meaning I wasnt going to bring one. They money used for prizes should have been used to buy at least one if not more stadiums. This is like MorningMess' tourney part 2. From now on, I think the only people who should host tourneys are people who OWN the proper stadiums and COMPLETELY understand all of the rules.
(Oct. 31, 2010  4:37 AM)Sky Prince Wrote: It wasn't a thunder whip. he said "pegasus tornado stadium".
What is a "pegasus tornado stadium" anyway ? It is not something from TAKARA-TOMY, so it has to be from Hasbro.

And before someone asks what the hell could have been done in that situation anyway : you simply do not do a tournament. If you see that the core elements for a tournament are missing, whether it is the right Beystadiums, the right amont of Bladers, etc., then you just do nothing. You apologise to everybody, you do not take any entry fee, and you tell them that this will be free play after all.