Lost Longinus & Beast Behemoth Tests

(Feb. 02, 2017  9:51 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Thanks alot for testing it. I really appricate it

wow despite not able to keep floor pattern and stuff. It did pretty decently (more then I expected). Just asking how you were launching? How fast and which side you banking?

I prefer to launch it at full speed with banking toward left (or which ever angle it directly hits wall) to make it hit wall and like bouce back and KO opposing. This way L2 can hit with fastest speed it can move (of speed it launched) and KO opponent.

As you mentioned, I did try banking towards the left and at full speed, at least fast enough to not break the launcher. The variable driver is one of the few that's capable of hitting the stadium wall and then rebound towards the center, so I don't think it'll be a problem under normal circumstances. However, L2KV is a bit too slow for my taste. V2BV was fast enough to execute this constantly, so I'm thinking if L2NV would be a better combo.
(Feb. 02, 2017  9:53 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: B2HX vs OHD
B2HX-12 wins (7BF, 5KO)
OHD-8 wins (5OS, 3KO)

the ones where OHD KO'd B2, were cases, where OHD was in the centre, B2 hit it, and B2 just KO'd itself. The times where it outspun it were just cases, i messed up the my launch, however in these instances OHD only had 1 click left.

B2 just doesn't work against D2, i tried some mock battles, but D2 wins 90%+ of the matches.

B2 has the potential to burst D2, as it can make D2 lose clicks, but can't fully burst it. Hopefully a softer RF can help, if it is ever released.

had some mock battles with B2HX, against DHD, WSO, K2SO. seems to do good against these, will post results.

will test L2, and will try to find a way to beat D2 with it, there's got to be some way to beat D2 with L2, probably with an unconventional combo.

Mind if I add this result to my B2 thread? I really need as much results as possible. Will be testing it against D2GO and L2SH if possible.
(Feb. 03, 2017  12:56 AM)Bastillon Wrote: Mind if I add this result to my B2 thread? I really need as much results as possible. Will be testing it against D2GO and L2SH if possible.

feel free to add them.
(Feb. 02, 2017  8:37 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Did you weak launch on Hold at all? It is basically mandatory.

Yes, I did. Among various other techniques. When weak launching I didn't find it was able to OS anything (on Revolve) or win at all. That said, I did spend much more time testing Xtreme and Weight than Hold, so I'll try it more again some time.
(Feb. 02, 2017  1:10 PM)Bastillon Wrote: *Deathscyther layer has slightly worn teeth
Lost Longinus Spread Hold (L2 weak launch) vs [b][i][u]Beast Behemoth Gravity Orbit
L2SH: 8 (4 KO, 4 SF)
[u]B2GO: 4 (4 SF)
Draw: 8 (8 Double SF)

Added L2SH vs B2GO. Did not eliminate the draws here because it's pretty much the point. L2 can win with minimal effort by launching at a slightly different angle or increase the launch strength by a tiny margin and still get away with it.
(Feb. 03, 2017  6:19 AM)Kei Wrote: Yes, I did. Among various other techniques. When weak launching I didn't find it was able to OS anything (on Revolve) or win at all. That said, I did spend much more time testing Xtreme and Weight than Hold, so I'll try it more again some time.

As I mentioned too, Lost Longinus ended up performing way better in the tournament than in my tests.
Imo It became hard to test different power launch when we're alone.
I have a Tournament Monday, Should I use Lost Longinus Heavy Hold or Lost Longinus Gravity Hold?
(Feb. 04, 2017  5:26 AM)Utoshi Wrote: I have a Tournament Monday, Should I use Lost Longinus Heavy Hold or Lost Longinus Gravity Hold?

I believe that Gravity and Spread were said to be better.
(Feb. 04, 2017  5:26 AM)Utoshi Wrote: I have a Tournament Monday, Should I use Lost Longinus Heavy Hold or Lost Longinus Gravity Hold?

gravity usually is better than heavy in all scenarios due to the better outwards weight distribution, which increases its speed and stamina and burst resistance
I've finally got to test out my dream combo L2GW after purchasing Z2IW, so here we go.
Lost Longinus Gravity Weight vs Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme
*Note: Valkyrie layer is slightly worn
L2GW: 13 (8 BF, 5 SF)
VHX: 5 (2 BF, 3 KO)
Draw: 2 (2 DKO)
Surprisingly, L2GW is pretty unstable despite being the heaviest combo currently possible. I do believe it's the Weight driver that's causing this problem as it is not free spinning, therefore making it more wobbly than Orbit.
Here to prove that K2 is a possible L2 counter.
Kaiser Kerbeus Gravity Orbit vs Lost Longinus Spread Hold (L2 weak launch, inclined)
K2GO: 14 (14 SF)
L2SH: 6 (3 KO, 3 LAD SF)
Draw: 9 (9 DSF)
Although K2 is pretty good at stopping L2 from spin stealing, K2 itself has poor stamina, and the reason why there were so many DSFs were because I launched L2SH at an inclination on purpose, in an attempt to KO K2GO. While it's not a guarantee that a KO will happen, L2SH is pretty successful at knocking K2GO off balance.
Can you try K2.G.O against L2.H.H
(Mar. 17, 2017  3:38 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: Can you try K2.G.O against L2.H.H

Doing that tomorrow, but don't expect a drastic change in the results.
Lost Longinus Spread Hold vs Kaiser Kerbeus Gravity Orbit (L2 regular launch)
L2SH: 8 (2 LAD SF, 6 KO)
K2GO: 12 (2 KO (self), 1 BF, 9 SF)
Draw: 7 (7 DSF)
Draws are redone.
K2 is actually better at spin stealing than L2 because of the evenly distributed and small plastic protrusions on K2, while Orbit saves K2 a lot of trouble from getting knocked over.
Lost Longinus Heavy Hold vs Kaiser Kerbeus Gravity Orbit (L2 weak launch)
L2HH: 4 (1 LAD SF, 2 KO, 1 BF)
K2GO: 12 (12 SF)
Draw: 4 (4 DSF)

Lost Longinus Heavy Hold vs Kaiser Kerbeus Gravity Orbit (L2 regular launch)
L2HH: 10 (3 LAD SF, 6 KO, 1 BF)
K2GO: 9 (1 BF, 1 KO, 7 SF)
Draw: 1 (1 DSF)

Finally a win for L2HH, though it's still awfully close.
I think Lost Longinus Heavy Hold weak launched would have much better results if there were two Bladers involved and that it was during a tournament. Such a bad win percentage makes no sense after what I witnessed.
(Mar. 19, 2017  2:26 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I think Lost Longinus Heavy Hold weak launched would have much better results if there were two Bladers involved and that it was during a tournament. Such a bad win percentage makes no sense after what I witnessed.

I think the problem here is that L2 was matched against K2, a layer that's already very good at defense, and also an Orbit driver which is very resistant to scraping. As L2's main winning strategy here is knockout instead of spin stealing, which it's really bad at against K2, it makes sense for a bad win percentage. Even if I try my hardest at giving L2 the advantage, like directly aiming at K2 to guarantee strong hits and give a chance for a KO, I still failed to do so. L2 flat out failed to spin steal against K2.
the main problem is how test is conducted. to test efficiently power launch you need to test it with a partner. alone its extremly hard to try weak launch vs weak launch or Weak Launch vs Full launch etc...
I've tried to reduce the error to a mere three second launch latency, and I wouldn't think having two bladers would have too much of an impact here since I remove "lucky shots", such as directly bursting another bey by launching into it, which is something that does happen with two bladers, so there's that. If only I had someone to play with me......
(Mar. 20, 2017  11:45 PM)Bastillon Wrote: I've tried to reduce the error to a mere three second launch latency, and I wouldn't think having two bladers would have too much of an impact here since I remove "lucky shots", such as directly bursting another bey by launching into it, which is something that does happen with two bladers, so there's that. If only I had someone to play with me......

Tbh there is still little different between launch beys at same time (or least lag between each bey launched) and using by 2 players.

1. each player will try his hardest to win the battle so they will mostly try different ways to launch and launch by different speed, height, angle, distance from tornado ridge (a place where all attack type goes lol. Due to they can tornado stall faster when making contact with Ridge so if a bey start stalling fast enough and hit other bey even before opponent start moving as user directly slide bey from tornado ride then launching in middle.), Different angle of slope (not sure how to explain but I mean angle of Slope get steeper near tornado ride and gets flat toward middle) or do things like making bey hit to wall and hit middle, making your bey land on stadium first and KO opponents by upper attack.

I'm not saying that it's impossible to emulate 2 player battle but it's not just about time between each bey launch

Also btw as you launch Beyblade it still loses some spin after it gets of prongs which happens while 2 way battle too but mostly both beys gets about same time (or max 1.5sec delay) and still has around maximum power.

I'm not sure how to explain but things like Attack bey getting launched first and defence 2nd which usually players don't do while playing alone but when it happens in 2 way battle Attack still hits by almost same speed and have advantage like able to hit bey when it's in air.

Edit:- BTW can someone tell how there experience with using L2HX? I mean it's been used alot and we all knos it's good but no one still commented on how does it compares to things like Valkyrie and Xcaliber. Also how it does against counters of L2 like D2 and D? They usually wins because it can't OS em or have hard time KOing on Hold or Weight. But maybe deep banking L2 can make it get under D2 (which is easy btw) and KO it. 
thx for the explanation! that's what I talk about.

i've not seen L2HX yet in my region so its difficult for me to get a good opinion on it.

I can more on hold but we already made up hah!
(Mar. 21, 2017  12:27 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Edit:- BTW can someone tell how there experience with using L2HX? I mean it's been used alot and we all knos it's good but no one still commented on how does it compares to things like Valkyrie and Xcaliber. Also how it does against counters of L2 like D2 and D? They usually wins because it can't OS em or have hard time KOing on Hold or Weight. But maybe deep banking L2 can make it get under D2 (which is easy btw) and KO it. 

It's a dice throw. As in it's literally a gamble that only considers the first few seconds, and the main winning strategy is still KO. Xtreme is mainly used for burst attack as it has a relatively small trajectory radius that allows a flower pattern, and it's pretty obvious that L2 can't burst D2 under normal circumstances. hence D2 is a "counter" to L2. In fact, L2 is terrible at bursting. Just by looking at the S2KU vs L2NSp video from BBG, it's pretty clear that L2 has trouble bursting even the most fragile of layers.
At low velocity, Lost Longinus is actually awesome at both bursting and knocking out opponents... Deathscyther and Dark Deathscyther are just overpowered, but the rest should be easy play.
(Mar. 21, 2017  4:08 PM)Kai-V Wrote: At low velocity, Lost Longinus is actually awesome at both bursting and knocking out opponents... Deathscyther and Dark Deathscyther are just overpowered, but the rest should be easy play.

The only real contender here should be D2 only, since Deathscyther is incredibly susceptible to wearing issues. Won't even bother testing with D2, so I'm going with K2GO instead on the weekends. And yes, I did see the twitter post with L2 burst finish at low velocity, but that's still too much of a gamble.
(Mar. 18, 2017  4:10 PM)Bastillon Wrote: Doing that tomorrow, but don't expect a drastic change in the results.
Lost Longinus Spread Hold vs Kaiser Kerbeus Gravity Orbit (L2 regular launch)
L2SH: 8 (2 LAD SF, 6 KO)
K2GO: 12 (2 KO (self), 1 BF, 9 SF)
Draw: 7 (7 DSF)
Draws are redone.
K2 is actually better at spin stealing than L2 because of the evenly distributed and small plastic protrusions on K2, while Orbit saves K2 a lot of trouble from getting knocked over.

When Hasbro releases Beast Behemoth, I would like to see this again using a Hasbro K2 with Hold.
(Apr. 09, 2017  11:59 PM)Dracieleone Wrote: When Hasbro releases Beast Behemoth, I would like to see this again using a Hasbro K2 with Hold.

Why K2