[Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament

I for sure want to try it out, but I all depends on who stays after and if we have the time to do so. @[BeyBrad], would it be okay to run this in Double Elimination? I don't want people to be there too long.
My brothers are coming to this tournament so put them down,their accounts are StormAngel,WarsEnd,and Breakdown.
Wow! That's 8 confirmed already. Chances are that we'll be doing blocks again, which should make things smoother. Speaking of which, from now on, can we randomize the seeds until there is at least one judge in each block? Having two judges battling makes progression slow when there's three of us.

On another note, can those who have them bring out their Plastics beyblades? I'd like to test out some new combos.
(Jun. 16, 2016  9:05 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: Wow! That's 8 confirmed already. Chances are that we'll be doing blocks again, which should make things smoother. Speaking of which, from now on, can we randomize the seeds until there is at least one judge in each block? Having two judges battling makes progression slow when there's three of us.

On another note, can those who have them bring out their Plastics beyblades? I'd like to test out some new combos.

We may have 4 judges, that is if we have Taiwo, you, Jojo, and I are all judging.
(Jun. 16, 2016  5:53 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: Do we want to try out the Deck rotation for the main event, while we are at it? @[Bey Brad] will the points still be uploaded if we do deck rotation, or does it have to stay single decks for now?

Deck Rotation is currently not an official WBO format, so it can't be ranked. Additionally, we're currently looking for Burst results and I think LA should do a regular Burst-format event first.
I'm not a possible, I don't really want to play Burst if that's what ya'll decide on. I was stoked for it at first but the more I thought about it the less it appealed to me. I'll probably attend next standard tournament.
Well we'd still like to meet up with you to battle/trade/etc.. I bring all formats to every event I go to.

Where do we want to do this. I have to go to Little Tokyo this weekend to advertise a meet up already, so I need to know where to tell people to go.
(Jun. 16, 2016  8:55 PM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: Well we'd still like to meet up with you to battle/trade/etc.. I bring all formats to every event I go to.

Where do we want to do this. I have to go to Little Tokyo this weekend to advertise a meet up already, so I need to know where to tell people to go.

Having more shade is important, we should actually start searching for somewhere that allows recreation like this indoors, either that or a very shaded park. Weller Court also provides some shade.
I think at Grand Park near the Starbucks would be ideal. I checked the Google Maps for the other park you were telling me about and I couldn't find any restaurants or such there. Let me know if there are, though. We can probably change locations if so.

@[Marsol123] Please still come! We want to introduce you to the Southern California Beyblade Community! While Burst may not seem all that great by yourself, any format is 10x more exciting when competing! And you know what they say, the more the merrier!

If possible, does anyone want to try and run both MFB and Burst? If we do so, Burst should take priority so we can finally get one done and have the next one be ranked
Elesian Park(the park I mentioned to him) isn't near a restaurant, in fact, it pretty much takes up that entire hill, but it has a water fountain and is well shaded.

Personally, I prefer Weller Court, because it is right by Union Station, meaning that I can go home as late as is reasonable. If not there, is Griffith Park still an option, besides that and renting a mall's conference room, I don't have any other ideas.

I think we have at least 7-8 members with Burst, and the judges all have multiples, so I'd go for Burst.
Grand Park has poor shading, it should be either Elysian Park or Weller Court, either one has nearby restaurants, Weller Court has a nearby Starbucks as well.
I live about an hour and a half away, it's not very accessible for me to just go and have fun playing a format I'm not a fan of personally. My opinion will change I am sure, I just don't like being pressured into liking something I don't. Not claiming you are doing this ThaKingTai, but i've seen it happen around the WBO.

At the same time I am also not sure if I will be available that time, I will find out in a few days and let you know.
'Tis a shame. Well Marsol123, I live by the Fontana/Rancho Cucamonga border, so once the school year gets into gear. I will try to do some events out there. Would that be better for you?
Wrong direction Wolf, lol I'm a bit further north in Santa Barbara lol I don't mind going down to LA occasionally, but I still have to think about it. But thank you! That's very nice of you.
It's all good, Marsol123. I'll do the Event Proposal by this weekend. Please let me know if anything changes. This will be at Weller's Court. It seems like the best location since it has shade and places to eat. @[Alta], can you update the first page to let people know where to go? Thanks!
So just so i'm clear,This is swapping locations and becoming Burst format?I'm interested in going as i want to try to get more of the Norcal Community active and forming tournaments, So I want to go and participate to figure out how to better run tournaments. However i'm not guaranteeing i'm going.
It will be the Same place as here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-4-30-16...kyo--73060

The main event will be most likely burst, but bring something from every format you have, if you can. We'll be happy to help you out, and even if you can't come, feel free to PM me on what to do. Also check out the Organizer's Circle forum.
Got it!i'll try to come up with a decent metal combo from the 5 I do have, I don't expect it to be good though,my metal beyblades are from the first like 6 months of it being out. And once I learned that Norcal had no beyblade scene I gave up.
(Jun. 18, 2016  8:14 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: It will be the Same place as here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-4-30-16...kyo--73060

The main event will be most likely burst, but bring something from every format you have, if you can. We'll be happy to help you out, and even if you can't come, feel free to PM me on what to do. Also check out the Organizer's Circle forum.

Wait so the July 16th tournament will be at WellerCourt?
[/quote]
^^Yes. I'm going to Little Tokyo today, so I'll spread the word.
I know this is a long shot, but does anyone live in Santa Clara County or Contra Costa County? My employer isemployer is sending me to California and I might could attend or host something.
(Jun. 25, 2016  7:22 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: I know this is a long shot, but does anyone live in Santa Clara County or Contra Costa County? My employer isemployer is sending me to California and I might could attend or host something.

That's over up in Northern California. There hasn't been much activity there, but I know @[Rakaon] is up there. Try any of the threads for Norther California like San Jose, San Francisco, or Sacramento.
(Jun. 25, 2016  7:22 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: I know this is a long shot, but does anyone live in Santa Clara County or Contra Costa County? My employer isemployer is sending me to California and I might could attend or host something.

Hi there!I live in Roseville and would love to help you host something,The only problem would be well,getting people since the Norcal scene is empty,and getting stadiums to use.
(Jun. 25, 2016  10:30 PM)Rakaon Wrote:

Hi there!I live in Roseville and would love to help you host something,The only problem would be well,getting people since the Norcal scene is empty,and getting stadiums to use.

I have plenty of stadiums, that is not a problem. I should know in the next couple of weeks when ill be around. The manager wants me out there ASAP. So as soon as she gives the go ahead Ill be there.
(Jun. 25, 2016  11:30 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2016  10:30 PM)Rakaon Wrote:

I have plenty of stadiums, that is not a problem. I should know in the next couple of weeks when ill be around. The manager wants me out there ASAP. So as soon as she gives the go ahead Ill be there.

Awesome!Well when you have the idea of when send me PM and i'll go on the map and start PM'ing the hell out of all the users in this area,plus we'll talk specifics.