[Los Angeles, CA 06/04/16] Before the Burst: LA GOES METAL

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: 0b0d58c52fe586a70a7ba6bb70bd184b.png]

~BeyDays Event~
Saturday, June 4th 2016
Grand Park-Downtown Los Angeles

MFB Standard Format

Free Play & Registration-11:00 AM | Brackets & Announcements-12:15 | Tournament-12:30 PM

Host and Judges:
ThaKingTai w/ co-hosts earthwolf1404 and Alta

Directions:
Directions can be found here. We are playing in the part of the park that is in front of LA City Hall. The cross streets are Spring St and 1st St. It is mainly grassy area with a small playground and a sitting area, so it should be hard to miss!
Parking there is $10 @ the park for all day, but further down 1st St, there is a place that has $6 all day parking. Come early if you want to get those spaces!

Fees:
As always, it will be $5 for the single tournament or $15 for a Blader Passport, that allows you to go to tournaments free for an entire year! Plus, you can enter into exclusive giveaways for Passport Holders, like the top prize of the BeyDays Beylotto! Click this for more BeyDays details!

Format:
As stated above, this will be MFB Standard format. It will either be Round Robin or Block Round Robin, in the event that we have more than 12 people.

Prizes:
-1st Place: +3 credits and Gold Face* & Beyblade Burst VS Set
-2nd Place: +2 credits and Silver Face* & Valkaryie Spread Survive, Beylauncher, and Launcher Grip
-3rd Place: +1 credit and Bronze Face* & Ragnurak Heavy Survive Starter

*In the event that we only have seven people, only the first place winner will get a single credit and a gold face

Notice for All:
While we Bladers are very respectful of each others' possessions, please watch over your stuff. This is not to say that anyone of us would steal or damage anything, but we are still in a public place with people that aren't in our group. So please, be careful!

All this and possibly even more! Makes sure to get there as early as possible and make time after the event too! This is not the event to want to miss! See you there!!

Confirmed:
ThaKingTai +1
Alta
earthwolf1404
RacingCheetaz
OwnageDerp
Sapphire
AwesomeAndrew

Prophet2

Possible:

UPDATE!

We are having special challenges after the main tournament! These challenges will test your launching strategy as well as your launch power! Bring your A-game for the tournament and these challenges. YOU ARE GONNA WANT THESE PRIZES!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Can you guys bring a spare light launcher or string launcher all my launchers broke, and i dont want to explain why right now XD.
I always bring extra light launchers. All I ask is that you don't twist your beyblade on them to where they click.
(May. 28, 2016  7:44 PM)GreatgodzeusHD Wrote: Can you guys bring a spare light launcher or string launcher all my launchers broke, and i dont want to explain why right now XD.

LOL, I feel you. Both of my string launchers broke today, and it's too late to order another and have it come before the tournament. Hopefully my light launcher doesn't break either, and if it does, I might have to borrow from someone else if it's okay.
Finally the poster for this event is finished, although somewhat late.

[Image: 9042aeaa5003eac34d512c3853cc9059.png]
Yeah sorry, my mom has somewhere to go on saturday, from 11:00 to 1:00 i think. So I cant attend.
I'm pretty sure I can go, I'll notify everyone if I can't. My family may be busy this weekend. And Faker told me he couldn't make it, I talked with him yesterday about it.
Hey guys, on the BeyDays page, a blader named "Marsol123" said he would try to come to the LA tournament. Can a host pm him?
(Jun. 03, 2016  1:37 AM)Prophet2 Wrote: Hey guys, on the BeyDays page, a blader named "Marsol123" said he would try to come to the LA tournament. Can a host pm him?

I sent him a PM about it.
(Jun. 03, 2016  3:13 AM)Alta Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2016  1:37 AM)Prophet2 Wrote: Hey guys, on the BeyDays page, a blader named "Marsol123" said he would try to come to the LA tournament. Can a host pm him?

I sent him a PM about it.

Thanks! Unfortunately I do not believe I will make it.
(May. 16, 2016  4:07 AM)ThaKingTai Wrote:
[Image: 0b0d58c52fe586a70a7ba6bb70bd184b.png]

~BeyDays Event~
Saturday, June 4th 2016
Grand Park-Downtown Los Angeles

MFB Standard Format

Free Play & Registration-11:00 AM | Brackets & Announcements-12:15 | Tournament-12:30 PM

Host and Judges:
ThaKingTai w/ co-hosts earthwolf1404 and Alta

Directions:
Directions can be found here. We are playing in the part of the park that is in front of LA City Hall. The cross streets are Spring St and 1st St. It is mainly grassy area with a small playground and a sitting area, so it should be hard to miss!
Parking there is $10 @ the park for all day, but further down 1st St, there is a place that has $6 all day parking. Come early if you want to get those spaces!

Fees:
As always, it will be $5 for the single tournament or $15 for a Blader Passport, that allows you to go to tournaments free for an entire year! Plus, you can enter into exclusive giveaways for Passport Holders, like the top prize of the BeyDays Beylotto! Click this for more BeyDays details!

Format:
As stated above, this will be MFB Standard format. It will either be Round Robin or Block Round Robin, in the event that we have more than 12 people.

Prizes:
-1st Place: +3 credits and Gold Face*
-2nd Place: +2 credits and Silver Face*
-3rd Place: +1 credit and Bronze Face*
+Special surprises in store for the Top 3!

*In the event that we only have seven people, only the first place winner will get a single credit and a gold face

Notice for All:
While we Bladers are very respectful of each others' possessions, please watch over your stuff. This is not to say that anyone of us would steal or damage anything, but we are still in a public place with people that aren't in our group. So please, be careful!

All this and possibly even more! Makes sure to get there as early as possible and make time after the event too! This is not the event to want to miss! See you there!!

Confirmed:
ThaKingTai +1
Alta
earthwolf1404
RacingCheetaz
OwnageDerp
Sapphire
AwesomeAndrew

Prophet2

Possible:

UPDATE!

We are having special challenges after the main tournament! These challenges will test your launching strategy as well as your launch power! Bring your A-game for the tournament and these challenges. YOU ARE GONNA WANT THESE PRIZES!

Just wanted to bring this back up to the later posts. Remember that parking in the area is $10 and down the street is $6. The prizes are really good, so make sure to practice( not you OwnageDerp) your launches and test your combos( not you Ownagederp) so you get that edge.(Ownage is still going to place though *sad face*)
Actually with that hard heat soon to pile on, I may not go. But hey, anything can happen.
It would be good if we could get at least 7 people to show up, preferably 8, Sapphire may or may not make it, if we have 7 participants there won't be faces/credits distributed to 2nd and 3rd place, but if we only have 6 the event may need to get postponed entirely.

I have tried to find out whether or not Agent-312 will be able to make it, but I've yet to see any confirmation from him. I will send a PM out to several members in the area that haven't provided a status on their attendance yet.
Okay guys, just one more day until the tournament! (Just a bit over 24 hours from now!) Some quick announcements before tomorrow:

1) I have gotten the prizes! I will update the first post shortly so you know what the prizes will be! The prizes for the challenges, however, will remain a secret until the day of.

2)Please remember to bring those fees in cash! I'll check and see who has a Blader Passport tonight and mark it down. If you can, get the Passport! It is completely worth it! You can see that by just looking at the first prize for BeyDays, as it is reserved for Passport Holders only! All fees must be paid before the start of the tournament.

3) It is going to be a HOT day tomorrow! Please bring something cool to drink and some snacks to eat as well. We will be there a while and the only place to really go is the Starbucks that is in the mid-section of the park. IT IS A HUGE PARK!

4) Just as earthwolf1404 said, remember to bring money for parking if you are driving. It is $10 at the park and $6 further down the street. If you need any assistance, feel free to PM me for my number so you can text or call.

5) Remember that we are having this tournament at the part of the park that is across the street from LA City Hall. If you feel the need, make your directions for City Hall instead of the park and you will find us. I should be there quite early, so you should see me.

6) Finally, we will be testing out the new Deck Rotation format after events have concluded. If you can, please stay for it. There is no extra charge for it and no prizes either, but it will be great to see how it works!

If I have forgotten anything @[Alta] and @[earthwolf1404], please feel free to post it.

Don't forget that this is also a BeyDays celebration! So let's take those selfies for Instagram! It's the perfect opportunity to do so!
It helps us a LOT to tape the event. Bring a video camera or at least a portable charger for phones to use.
I'm actually going to be in LA around this time (I was notified just now) so I *might* be able to make it.
(Jun. 03, 2016  7:58 PM)Marsol123 Wrote: I'm actually going to be in LA around this time (I was notified just now) so I *might* be able to make it.

Nice! Hope to see you there!

BTW I love those prizes Tai!
I'd love to participate the AWESOME tournament. But I'm afraid that I cannot come to this tournament due to other reasons. But I wish all those who are participating the tournament is, "Good Luck To All Bladers in the tournament!"
Guys, I can't make it. I got a heatstroke today and I surely don't want to be in such a hot area for a long time. It's not worth it. Sorry.
I'm so sorry to hear that. OwnageDerp, get a some rest and drink a lot of water. I'll be blading for the both of you. Hopefully, we can tape everything so you don't miss out on anything.
Sorry, it looks like I can't go. Very, very sorry everyone. Unhappy
Aww man, do you think we will have enough people? Can a tourney can happen with only 6 people?
I would like to compete but I live in Colorado so do you guys think that there is a tortament that is closer if not I will save enough money for this
We are doing a slight change of location to the opposite side of the park two blocks down. We are on the side with the fountains.
Prophet2 1st
ThaKingTai 2nd
AwesomeAndrew 3rd

We didn't get to do the other things, due to time, but we plan to try and do a meetup at Little Tokyo for stuff like that.
Well, people seemed to be dropping like flies before the tournament, but we actually had a pretty good turnout. The heat wasn't too bad either. Thanks for setting up the tournament and providing those prizes! Hope to see you guys soon and compete in another tournament!

P.S. @earthwolf1404 we really need to work on those intro skills Wink