Chester Road
  Meet at the bandstand.
1:00 PM on 08/14/2021
Hosted by
  ~Mana~
Contact Host
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

Admission is temporarily free! Enjoy!

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

A London event? In 2021? Blasphemy, never thought we'd see the day.

We're emerging from our long event draught for another event at Regent's Park in London! Huzzah! Let's have fun, be responsible and get back into the swing of events again!

Please be aware that there is an enforced cap of 16 participants for this event while we test the waters for our first event back. If you have not RSVP'd for this event, please do not attend.

Time
The tournament itself will start at 12:30pm, so as a guide, aim to arrive before 12:15pm. The Tube and public transport services are not very reliable, so plan your journey well in advance.

Remember to turn up on time. If you arrive later than the scheduled start time, your place will be forfeit and you will not be able to participate. If you know you'll be late, please let us know via PM or a post in this thread!

Please note that we cannot predict how long an event will be, as this varies based on the number of competitors and the ongoings throughout the day. In order to stay for the whole event, please be prepared to stick around for at least 3-4 hours.

Regent's Park. We shall be at the Bandstand as always. Please check this thread on the day for updates or like us on Facebook for any quick location updates.

Here is a map of Regent's Park. Click on the tab labelled "Monuments, Fountains and Statues". Head to the area marked Bandstand. We suggest taking the London Underground or Bus to Baker Street.

Prizing
Not this time, but stay tuned for future opportunities!

Hosts & Judges
This tournament is being hosted by ~Mana~, and matches will be supported by volunteer judges throughout the event. If you have any queries about the event, feel free to PM us or post in the thread and we'll be happy to help!

Important Advice
Despite being around friends and rivals, please remember we are in a public park. Bad behaviour and swearing will not be tolerated and may result in a ban from future events.

Please keep your personal belongings with you or in a safe place while at the bandstand. If you see any personal items left around with no apparent owner, please hand it in to the host so we can return it to its rightful owner. Your cooperation is very much appreciated.

COVID-19 Guidelines
While England is moving forward with relaxing it's national COVID-19 restrictions, we are choosing to move ahead with this event with some recommendations for all participants.

1. Being a public park, we cannot force you to abide by social distancing or enforce a mask mandate. However, we ask all participants to keep a mask on their person at all times and to be respectful with regards to distancing between attendees should a situation arise where either are appropriate.
  2. Bladers will be recommended to wear a mask for the duration of their matches, due to being in close proximity with another Blader. We cannot enforce this and participants reserve the right to refuse, but it is highly recommend this due to being tight on event space.
  3. While participants will be encouraged to take all precautions to be considerate of others, we cannot guarantee that these will be followed 100% of the time. If you are not yet comfortable being in a large crowd of people, we respectfully ask that you do not attend this event, and instead wait for a future event.
  4. If you feel unwell ahead of an event for any reason, please be respectful to other attendees by not attending and instead waiting for a future event. There will always be more opportunities to attend an event.
In addition to the above, please be mindful of the WBO Organized Play Covid-19 recommendations.

If you are looking to get tested before or after the event, Lateral Flow Test kits are available to all UK citizens and can be ordered to your home via the NHS website. While far from required, LFTs are a great way to quickly get yourself checked in the days following a gathering or event.

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the event as we are? If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!

[Image: twitteric.png]@worldbeyblade
[Image: facebookic.png]WorldBeybladeOrganization
[Image: facebookic.png]WBO UK Division

Spread the word!
#BEYBLADE #BEYBLADELONDON #WBO

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

This event has been approved.
Shindog hosted a tournament and Mana hosted one right after? Coincidence I think not, lol. anyways I wish you luck with your event Mana!
Yo! Mana is hosting? Good luck!!!!!!!!!!
Great to see a tournament in the UK after so long! The last time we saw one was back before even Sparking started so I’m excited to see how much the London scene has changed.
Super excited to attend this! Can't wait!
Cant wait to go to my first tournament good luck everyone

Is this going to be a deck format? If so in the rule book it says u need a launcher per combo what if u only have one launcher
Been a while since there was a tournament, it'll be interesting seeing who does well and who doesn't
(Aug. 09, 2021  3:23 PM)XUmaar_Valt Wrote: Cant wait to go to my first tournament good luck everyone

Is this going to be a deck format? If so in the rule book it says u need a launcher per combo what if u only have one launcher

I believe what it means is you are allowed up to 3 launchers per bey, you can just use 1 launcher if it works
lol glhf everyone!
Would they be another one after this as I won't be able to attend this one
GLTA!!!!! GLTA = good luck to all
GLHFTYA! = good luck have fun to you all!
Hey guys, Ive rsvp-ed for my 8 year old. He’s obsessed and has been talking about going to a tournament for ages so thought I’d give this one a go as we are in London. Only has one “proper” hasbro bey though, and it’s his first time, so may be a little shaky on rules and etiquette. Apologies ahead of time!
Silversylveon V2KX bcpaws Akiya95 Curry boi Sowmi XUmaar_Valt Jnote slurcia Mew-champion ALI786 The Beymaster I know da wae

Hi guys! Please be aware that the start time of the event has been pushed back from 12:30pm to 1pm. My train today has been cancelled (as have all similar routes) and the only other alternative route will get me there much later than usual, so the delay is necessary. Sorry!

I'll endeavour to make this alternative route work and ensure I am up for this time. If there is any reason why I'm unable to and therefore cannot attend, I'll arrange for someone else to host instead. If anyone has a Burst Standard BeyStadium to bring with them, please do in case this eventuality pops up as the event will instead be cancelled if there are not stadiums to play in.

Hopefully see you all soon!
(Aug. 14, 2021  8:11 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Silversylveon V2KX bcpaws Akiya95 Curry boi Sowmi XUmaar_Valt Jnote slurcia Mew-champion ALI786 The Beymaster I know da wae

Hi guys! Please be aware that the start time of the event has been pushed back from 12:30pm to 1pm. My train today has been cancelled (as have all similar routes) and the only other alternative route will get me there much later than usual, so the delay is necessary. Sorry!

I'll endeavour to make this alternative route work and ensure I am up for this time. If there is any reason why I'm unable to and therefore cannot attend, I'll arrange for someone else to host instead. If anyone has a Burst Standard BeyStadium to bring with them, please do in case this eventuality pops up as the event will instead be cancelled if there are not stadiums to play in.

Hopefully see you all soon!

No problem, see you soon

Mew champion here, I’m in the park running to you sorry
Fun……………………

(Had to do that to get past 10 characters)
(Aug. 14, 2021  4:46 PM)Akiya95 Wrote: Fun……………………

Hi man, I placed the destroy driver in your hands, check your pockets
slurcia

Yh I remember having 2 loose drivers in my pockets when I left but I couldn’t remember if you gave it back to me after the match so I was super confused, as of rn it doesn’t look like it’ll turn up but thanks anyway, sorry for the trouble
That was fun guys! Thanks to those that turned up!
1st - V2KX
2nd - Akiya95
3rd - ~Mana~
4th - slurcia

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

A great day all around. Thanks to eveyone who came and joined in today! 12 participants kept things reasonable for a small first event back from a Covid hiatus! I think we can all agree that that Standard has some very glaring LAD Equaliser issues after the plague that was dealing with draw after draw for hours, but thank you to everyone for hanging in there while we navigated around this!

Hoping we can keep events going monthly from here on out, so see you guys again very soon! Smile
(Aug. 14, 2021  8:34 PM)Akiya95 Wrote: slurcia

Yh I remember having 2 loose drivers in my pockets when I left but I couldn’t remember if you gave it back to me after the match so I was super confused, as of rn it doesn’t look like it’ll turn up but thanks anyway, sorry for the trouble
I feel partially responsible, let me reimburse you with a replacement Longinus - they're going for £23 on Amazon. Have you got paypal?
(Aug. 14, 2021  8:50 PM)slurcia Wrote:
(Aug. 14, 2021  8:34 PM)Akiya95 Wrote: slurcia
I feel partially responsible, let me reimburse you with a replacement Longinus - they're going for £23 on Amazon. Have you got paypal?
I really appreciate that but given there’s a chance I lost it on my own I wouldn’t be able to take you up on that  without a guilty conscience, I’ll buy a new rage with my own money since I was worried about the damage on mine  anyway, but thanks for offering
Well I feel equally guilty so that's not going to work. Let me pay for at least half - you wouldn't have lost it if i hadn't asked in the first place
(Aug. 14, 2021  9:09 PM)slurcia Wrote: Well I feel equally guilty so that's not going to work. Let me pay for at least half - you wouldn't have lost it if i hadn't asked in the first place
I just ordered the replacement for £21 but if you’re certain and it’ll make you feel better, I’ll DM you the PayPal and you can pay the half