London 2012 Olympics

Poll: Are you going to the 2012 Olympics?

Yes!
6.45%
No...
90.32%
Not decided yet Confused
3.23%
Total: 100% 31 vote(s)
Over here in the UK, this is a very big topic on the news and so on, with the recent release of tickets (whether you have been debited for tickets yet)

I am one of 250,000 who weren't so lucky, so just post here if you were too, or if you were extremely fortunate and got what you wanted!
Since the Olympics are getting so much closer, I thought I might revive this. Cute

I'm thoroughly looking forward to watching this from the comforts of my living room on the 27th of next month, lol. I'm not much of a sports fan, but every four years (save for the Winter Games), this is the one exception for me. I also highly anticipate the Opening Ceremony, especially after seeing the preview of it in '08 (spinning umbrellas and all, ha ha).

EDIT: Oh, and here's the official website: http://www.london2012.com/
I am eager to see what London has in store for the Summer Olympics.

Vancouver delivered for Winter, so I wanna see if London's prepared to entertain me for Summer...
I missed the first day and the opening ceremony but I caught the woman's swimming. The representative for China got her first medal (gold) and also broke the world record while doing so Cool

Wow, I didn't even know the olympics was showing. O:
(Jul. 29, 2012  8:07 AM)SoulEater57 Wrote: Wow, I didn't even know the olympics was showing. O:

Way to miss out on one of the biggest athletic events on the planet that takes place every four years XD
I've been indoors watching most of it, but when I did go out, I went out to Central London. Went past Pall Mall too. Not the right day. The traffic is terrible.

Did manage to get an Archer Gryph and MSF custom though Smile
I am not going there. BTW I watch Olympics at Home and they are very good.
I am checking out basketball right now. China and Spain are close!

I really liked the handball, though. Really happy that Norway didn't win over France...
I watched the opening.I thought it was much better than 2008 one(Partly because I was six).It was amazing.
I watched a bit of the archery and the Gymnastics.
DUDE! the only things i can watch is soccer and basketball?
I watched part of the opening it was awesome. I caught some swimming (Spoiler Michel Phelps got worse at swimming and didn't even get on the podium) and gymnastics those people doing the gymnastics are amazingly flexible and balanced.
I'm so voting for team USA for the Olympics
I don't know what channel it's on. O:
(Jul. 29, 2012  9:17 PM)SoulEater57 Wrote: I don't know what channel it's on. O:

I'm sure if you flip around you'll find it. On my cable I think it's being showed on about 100 channels. >.>
NBC. All of it in the US is on NBC.

I personally find the Womans 2-person Volleyball really exciting - that, and diving. Misty May and Cary look very strong this year. Can't wait to see if they can deliver!

And diving because it's my sport, and it's neat to see all of the things people can do in the air.

Oh, and the US 4 Free Relay lost?
Is the Olympics on now? O: And will it be on when I go on vacation in like 4 or 5 days?
Dude, NBC has coverage of the Olympics all day (I'm pretty sure xD).
im watching them from my tv
The highlights of the Olympics. Bwhahahaha.

[Image: tumblr_m7zoqyps8j1qbccuno1_500.jpg]
(Jul. 30, 2012  11:44 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Dude, NBC has coverage of the Olympics all day (I'm pretty sure xD).

All day? But ya didn't say if they have it all summer. Tongue_out
Of course it's not all summer. The Olympics don't go on that long.
(Jul. 31, 2012  12:40 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Of course it's not all summer. The Olympics don't go on that long.

Really? whyyyyyyyy
Best basket from Aussie opals!!! AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI
(Jul. 31, 2012  12:47 AM)SoulEater57 Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2012  12:40 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Of course it's not all summer. The Olympics don't go on that long.

Really? whyyyyyyyy
Because there's only so much time that viewers would be willing to watch a horse jump over a patch of grass, lol.

Naw, I'm not sure myself. But I know if it was all summer they would lose a lot of viewers. People are only interested for so long. They don't want to spend the whole summer with their eyes glued to the screen, or force tourists to stay more than a few weeks to watch the games.

Missy Franklin won Gold in the backstroke, which really got me pumped. That, and Grevers+Thompson took Gold+Silver. Mens gymnastics was a disappointment, but watching Misty May and Cary win again was awesome. So far so good! USA! USA! USA!