dF.outer.Ds: 10 wins (10 OS)
Ties: 0

As a Mixed Attacker

Flare Achilles.00Expand.Destroy' Gen vs Twin Nemesis.00Proof.Atomic
(Flare launched second)
FA.00E.Ds' Gen: 8 wins (7 OS, 1 BF)
tN.00P.At: 2 wins (2 OS)
Ties: 0

And after that last test, I gave up on Flare and said "yep this is OP". Flare is just too heavy that it could be able to beat defense layers in stamina, be able to destablize or burst stamina opponents, and use LAD to go toe-to-toe with left spin, and then a dash driver and Gen weight to resist attacks. Maybe, just maybe Shining Amaterios could wall it, but that's a big maybe. Otherwise I can't see anything to beat this combo.

So yeah, I would keep Flare banned. Its burst risk is reduced by having Gen as the baseline, which reduces the part's risk dramatically.

EDIT: It could be stated that I didn't have Flare much of a run, especially compared to Union. I think Flare's heavier weight just makes it more defensive than Union and definitely better stamina wise. Of course, someone could feel free to expand on this testing if they really think Flare is worth unbanning.
Bump?????????
Ok since this thread talks about the 3 layers I tested, I'll link there threads respectively:

Flare: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Takara-...en-Testing

Bushin: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Takara-...Discussion

Cosmo: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Takara-...Discussion

Here's my commentary on them currently:

Flare: More testing should be done. I haven't gotten around to it. I'm a bit worried since Flare is decently heavy and the Gen weight reduces its otherwise self burst risk. Seems like it could be an overpowered balance type.

Bushin: As bad as Grand. Totally fine allowing.

Cosmo: Better than Grand and Bushin. I'd say its worth giving a try but I could see it banned. It would be a competitive part unlike half the GT bases currently allowed.

In addition, I'd like to say that I will be testing Union Power mode for an unban. It would definitely be a competitive part.

My other opinions for burst limited is that Shining/Shadow Amaterios should be banned (and thus vL stay banned) and I'll be testing Buster Xcalibur on whether it should be banned or not.
Flare Achilles gen is around the weight of flame sagittario so I see no problem with the weight.
I only agree w/bushin here. the rest should stay banned, or Hazard kerbeus K4, vL, and some other banned beys/parts of this caliber should be freed.
(Nov. 06, 2020  6:06 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: I only agree w/bushin here. the rest should stay banned, or Hazard kerbeus K4, vL, and some other banned beys/parts of this caliber should be freed.

Why Flare?
(Nov. 06, 2020  6:07 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2020  6:06 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: I only agree w/bushin here. the rest should stay banned, or Hazard kerbeus K4, vL, and some other banned beys/parts of this caliber should be freed.

Why Flare?

weight and size+gen, op. my opinion tho. bushin is trash, and i've seen cosmo against some hasbros like hazard, not pretty.
(Nov. 06, 2020  6:08 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2020  6:07 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Why Flare?

weight and size+gen, op. my opinion tho

Weight isn’t the problem, the heaviest combo with it is around the weight of Flame Sagittario, the heaviest layer.
(Nov. 06, 2020  6:09 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2020  6:08 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: weight and size+gen, op. my opinion tho

Weight isn’t the problem, the heaviest combo with it is around the weight of Flame Sagittario, the heaviest layer.

size is also a problem.
(Nov. 06, 2020  6:11 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2020  6:09 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Weight isn’t the problem, the heaviest combo with it is around the weight of Flame Sagittario, the heaviest layer.

size is also a problem.

Ever heard of Flame Sagittario and Air Knight K4?
(Nov. 06, 2020  6:12 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2020  6:11 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: size is also a problem.

Ever heard of Flame Sagittario and Air Knight K4?

That I have, but those are questionable layers, or at least air knight. if flare is unbanned, that would change the meta entirely. the problem I have w/ these newfangled limited unbans is the fact that hasbro bladers, like me, have no chance because all the good hasbro layers are banned.
I agree with all three of these. They should all be let into limited. Cosmo could definitely make it into top tier Limited combos but it's not like it's undefeatable.
(Nov. 06, 2020  6:06 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: I only agree w/bushin here. the rest should stay banned, or Hazard kerbeus K4, vL, and some other banned beys/parts of this caliber should be freed.

Vice Leopard works like a clone of Shining Amaterios, which is proving to be somewhat overpowered. Cosmo might be a weaker version of Shining Amaterios, which would be fine.

(Nov. 06, 2020  6:21 PM)YishYash Wrote: I agree with all three of these. They should all be let into limited. Cosmo could definitely make it into top tier Limited combos but it's not like it's undefeatable.

Cosmo is definitely beatable, but I wish I could have same-spin tested it against Shining Amaterios and done some attack comparison tests. Flare I'm not so sure of it.
(Nov. 06, 2020  8:26 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote:

Vice Leopard works like a clone of Shining Amaterios, which is proving to be somewhat overpowered. Cosmo might be a weaker version of Shining Amaterios, which would be fine.

(Nov. 06, 2020  6:21 PM)YishYash Wrote: I agree with all three of these. They should all be let into limited. Cosmo could definitely make it into top tier Limited combos but it's not like it's undefeatable.

Cosmo is definitely beatable, but I wish I could have same-spin tested it against Shining Amaterios and done some attack comparison tests. Flare I'm not so sure of it.

I recommend testing Flare against some of the heavy weights like Flame Saggitario or buster Xcalibur, since the weight seems like the main issue,
Flare may get rid of the original purpose of Limited format though, which was meant for God layers and other outclassed parts, inclusion of Flare may make the metagame more competitive and in turn cause only heavy parts to be used, most God Layers are really light so addition of Flare may not be a good thing. Cosmo and Bushin I am fine, but is the LAD of Cosmo good? Deep Chaos is good without any frames needed due to its LAD but will the LAD get outclassed by Cosmo? For Bushin it can be allowed but I feel that Cosmo and Flare should have more testing done before it is allowed into limited play.
(Nov. 07, 2020  2:09 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Flare may get rid of the original purpose of Limited format though, which was meant for God layers and other outclassed parts, inclusion of Flare may make the metagame more competitive and in turn cause only heavy parts to be used, most God Layers are really light so addition of Flare may not be a good thing. Cosmo and Bushin I am fine, but is the LAD of Cosmo good? Deep Chaos is good without any frames needed due to its LAD but will the LAD get outclassed by Cosmo? For Bushin it can be allowed but I feel that Cosmo and Flare should have more testing done before it is allowed into limited play.

Cosmo is wide, so its LAD actually isn't as OP as you make it seem. Also, Deep Chaos has way more stamina than Cosmo.

As for Flare, I'm about to update the thread. My verdict: completely OP, doesn't even burst when using Atomic and a worn Gen vs sX.
(Nov. 07, 2020  2:09 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Flare may get rid of the original purpose of Limited format though, which was meant for God layers and other outclassed parts, inclusion of Flare may make the metagame more competitive and in turn cause only heavy parts to be used, most God Layers are really light so addition of Flare may not be a good thing. Cosmo and Bushin I am fine, but is the LAD of Cosmo good? Deep Chaos is good without any frames needed due to its LAD but will the LAD get outclassed by Cosmo? For Bushin it can be allowed but I feel that Cosmo and Flare should have more testing done before it is allowed into limited play.

Well, then why not ban Flame Sagittario. Being op is one thing, but the weight isn’t really a issue.
(Nov. 07, 2020  2:42 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:

Well, then why not ban Flame Sagittario. Being op is one thing, but the weight isn’t really a issue.

IIRC, the MFB remakes (Eagle, Saggitario, Leone, MAYBE Pegasis and L-drago?) had rather poor teeth, and thus were susceptible to bursting.

I may be wrong however, since I never actually bought the MFB remake set.
(Nov. 07, 2020  3:48 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Nov. 07, 2020  2:42 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Well, then why not ban Flame Sagittario. Being op is one thing, but the weight isn’t really a issue.

IIRC, the MFB remakes (Eagle, Saggitario, Leone, MAYBE Pegasis and L-drago?) had rather poor teeth, and thus were susceptible to bursting.

I may be wrong however, since I never actually bought the MFB remake set.

Sagittario and L-drago had decent teeth. Earth Eagle and Rock Leone not so much. Pegasus has insane teeth.

Sagittario and Eagle are in rbv 20 with curse Satan