Libra CH120RF

So, Hiro actually guessed my secret combo by testing a lot. In fact, it went like this:

6:00:10 AM Hiro Ayami: Libra CH120RF is really prtty solid.
6:00:42 AM Bey Brad: god damnit!!
6:00:48 AM Hiro Ayami: AHAHAHA

So, let's talk about this. Libra CH120RF is the secret combo that I've been mentioning for some time now. I designed this combo when trying to think of a "tier-killer"; essentially, a Beyblade that can beat the top Beyblades from all three types. So my control combos were Quetz 90RF, Virgo DF145D and MF Libra C145WB.

Versus Virgo DF145D -- use 120 height

I think what surprised me the most about this combo was its smash attack. Basically, it moves shockingly fast. I'm no physics expert so I don't have an exact explanation as to why -- perhaps the weight being all on the outside is the cause -- but it's fast. Libra on its own doesn't have amazing smash capabilities, but I'm sure if you've ever fought Libra Vs Virgo you've witnessed lucky KOs. This combo's pure speed is what it allows it to achieve a 90% win rate.

You have to use 120 height in order for the Metal Wheels to make contact or it won't work.

Versus Quetzalcoatl 90RF -- use 145 height

By switching to 145 height, the Track will absorb all of the hits dealt by Quetzalcoatl. The weight of Libra combined with the grip of RF give it enough Defense to withstand most attacks, and again, the win ratio is 90%. Are you starting to see why I kept this secret?

Versus MF Libra C145WB -- use 120 height, and pray

The win ratio against the top-tier Defense combo isn't that great -- only about 60% -- but this still isn't bad, considering how strong it is against the other two types. If you can avoid using this combo against Defense-types, you should, but if you're forced into that situation you can win with a perfect shot and a little luck.

Conclusions

I'd been saying from CH120's release that the ability to switch height on the fly was being incredibly undervalued -- we simply had to find an effective way to utilize it, and I've found it in this combo. Aside from its troubles against Defense-types, the only real problem with it is that the Stamina is really bad -- and I mean "wow, even for RF this is terrible" sort of bad. The window for landing a successful attack is much smaller, especially, so you absolutely need to have Sliding Shoot down pat to use this.

If you have the parts to make this, try it out. If not, well, now you see why I'm so hyped about Dark Cancer; finally, everyone will be able to use this incredibly fun -- and now, incredibly useful -- part.
So uh... top tier BALANCE type? :o

My information is pretty much the same here, it's got a 90% victory ratio against my MF Storm 100RF combo, which I used to push MF Libra C145B around with a 50% win Ratio.

In a proper match this combo is freaking deadly. Yes the stamina stinks but when this thing hits, it hits. CH120 has always been my top prospect for balance type MFB's, I'm glad to see it works as it, though perhaps not quite in the way I imagined.
Wow... I'm really impressed! Gasp I never thought CH120 could be this useful!
(Aug. 05, 2009  11:22 AM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: So uh... top tier BALANCE type? :o

I suppose it is; it doesn't really fit our stereotypical understanding of Balance-types but I can't think of a better classification for it.
Wow. I'm totally picking up another Libra now.
I had the feeling this combo would have Libra's wheel! hehe. But i didnt have CH120 so i didnt know how useful it is=( never seriously thought of putting an RF on Libra. Ugh cant wait to test it myself xD
I knew it!(not)
so the defense combo is still the hardest to beat.....
It's not defense, It's closest to balance. With a 60% chance to beat a Defense Combo I'd say the odds are totally in this combo's favor. To my knowledge Quetz 90RF and my MF Storm100RF are the only other non-Stamina types to have a Ratio near 50% versus MF Libra C145WB.
I'm not all that surprised about this combo (I guess since all the parts in this combo were already top tier). I knew Libra-RF combos were good heavy smashers and I was pretty sure that CH120 would be used in the "secret" combo but not exactly with Libra-RF Pinching_eyes

It's awesome that we're finally getting a competitive balance combo. Nice job on figuring out the combo Hiro (kinda sucks for Brad though) lol Tongue_out
Figures

It had to be the only track I don't own. Tired
(Aug. 05, 2009  12:34 PM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: It's not defense, It's closest to balance. With a 60% chance to beat a Defense Combo I'd say the odds are totally in this combo's favor. To my knowledge Quetz 90RF and my MF Storm100RF are the only other non-Stamina types to have a Ratio near 50% versus MF Libra C145WB.

The defense combo I was referring to was MF libra C145WB
you guys should be praising me a bit more
Got to congratulate you on creating what is now probably the most valuable staple combo.
After Dark Cancers release, I can see this becoming a of peoples main combo for tournaments, primarily due to it's versatility.
Looks like a lot of people will be hunting for mad cancer (or waiting it out for dark cancer) from this point on Smile
Praise Bey-Lord. You need to redo the types video to a certain extent now..
Awesome stuff Brad, I could tell that CH120 would have some good use if used with the right Wheel and Bottom.
"As you can see each type has it's own weakness, Libra CH120RF statistically is superior to all the other types though."
(Aug. 05, 2009  2:30 PM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: "As you can see each type has it's own weakness, Libra CH120RF statistically is superior to all the other types though."

so basically,this combo is a GAMEBREAKER?
With appropriate skill, yes.

Basically...

Brad + Libra CH120RF is... me not winning the Vancouver 22nd tourney unless I find some sort of uber weakness to this combo, which could mean, a specific combo that is ONLY designed to handle this one >>
(Aug. 05, 2009  2:47 PM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: With appropriate skill, yes.

Basically...

Brad + Libra CH120RF is... me not winning the Vancouver 22nd tourney unless I find some sort of uber weakness to this combo, which could mean, a specific combo that is ONLY designed to handle this one >>

Have tried a quetz with a higher track? (I haven't got CH120 to try this combo) maybe with a 90 it's to low to hit significantly Libra CH120 RF to knock it out
There's no real guarantee he'll use it, anyway. :]
(Aug. 05, 2009  2:58 PM)♥ Wrote: There's no real guarantee he'll use it, anyway. :]

I have a good feeling the secret combo he'd been saving hidden to use until the 22nd is one he'd be using quite often.

regardless we can discuss how to beat down this combo in another thread if necessary. Let this thread be what it is... Shock and awe at a new amazing combo and praising Brad for pioneering it. If only I hadn't been so darn curious, he might have managed to have kept it secret Wink
Quick question, is it legal to switch in between the 120 to 145 between rounds or battles?
I'm pretty sure since you aren't changing the entire Beyblade itself.

As for the combo, it would contain the only part I don't have Uncertain, but at least I was right on it having a Libra Wheel. This combo does sound pretty sweet, and I will definitely try it once I get Dark Cancer for CH120.

Nice work Brad \m/
(Aug. 05, 2009  3:17 PM)Sega Wrote: Quick question, is it legal to switch in between the 120 to 145 between rounds or battles?

between 1 full match (all 3 battles or 5 battles). So i could vs. you with LibraCH120RF and Brad with Quetz90RF Tongue_out

Anyways, wow im impressed. I KNEW it had something to do with RF!
(Aug. 05, 2009  3:17 PM)Sega Wrote: Quick question, is it legal to switch in between the 120 to 145 between rounds or battles?

I would assume that it is legal, but I'm not sure.

(Aug. 05, 2009  11:17 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I'd been saying from CH120's release that the ability to switch height on the fly was being incredibly undervalued -- we simply had to find an effective way to utilize it, and I've found it in this combo.

From the RBLV1 thread:
(Mar. 16, 2009  9:52 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I don't think it changes during battle, I think it is manual change. Which means you get two useless Tracks in one.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Haha, anyways, I'm glad you came up with a great use for CH120. I've always thought its versatility would find use somewhere. Will be testing this out myself.