Let's play a game!

Alright, so first I have a story to weave.

When I was younger playing and destorying beyblade tournaments at the monthly Toys R Us games one thing I loved the most was that I never saw the same person twice. And on that note I never really saw the same beyblade twice. Needless to say, it was always fun to see what I would face and if I would defeat them!

Back then there wasn't too many beyblades destorying the metagame like there are now. And let's be honest, if you go into tournaments now all you'll find is the same 3-4 combos, so that's why I came up with a game!

To honor my fond memory, I propose that those with enough beyblade parts take all their beyblades apart and seperate out the pieces, now at random(however you choose) put the beyblades together, make at least two and have them battle! Then post your results here!

A. I hope to see beyblade combos that people would never dream of!
and
B. I hope that maybe someone will find a crazy "gamebreaking" combo!

Good luck! I'll post my results when I do such tonight!
Standard format of posting, can use any stadium (so I'm not biased) but results will be considered askew if they are anything except a Takara attack stadium.

First Battle is:

MF Vulcan Ketos M145HF vs Storm Byxis AD145MS

Second Battle is:

Cloud Unicorno 145CS(note that the "horns" and spikes line up perfectly) vs Flame Susanow SW145(attack mode)WD

I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed getting to see how the results turned out, who would've ever
A. Come up with these combos on their own.
or
B. Predicted the results?!

At 1st I assumed this was going to be some painful noobish post that I would just have to ignore, but after reading your description, that isnt a bad idea. It sounds like fun really! Maybe I should try it when I have the time

It would be failry interesting if this was adapted into a tournament format haha

I have said this many times and I shall say it again: Plastics was/is great because of how original all of the concepts and bey customs were. Rarley were 2 customized beys alike, and creating original names was so cool. I actualy remember trying out certain combos to see which ones were better. I wasnt very pacient though and only did one battle per combo haha

I remember always wanting to have a bey made up out of scrap parts. I would be optimistic and say tyat each time a bey part of mine broke it would be reused later in an amazing custom made from spare parts from my other broken beys. Long story shory and a few broken beys later, all I had were a ton of broken crappy ARs and not much else. So much for my ultimate bey haha
Its to bad how things are now. Attack types arent logical choices anymore competitivly, and every winning combo has Basalt in it...
Back when I was actually playing with Beyblades, this is what I did like, 80% of the time! I enjoy doing this so much because it's always so unique and exciting! I would use every single part I own and do a tournament by myself with these random combos.

I hope this goes well, it's super fun guys! It makes the game less about testing and combos and more about fun!

This makes me want to start playing with my Beyblades again. You know what, I'm going to play with them tomorrow! Thank you Gibraltor, I believe you just sparked my Beyblade interest again!
Yeah, this is what I do to keep interest... It's really fun! This makes me want to play with things like Storm and old Earths again! Eee
I basically do this with plastics (though, in plastics, often even with terrible parts there's a chance to win against almost anything), it's a great thing to do if your interest wanes, or you're bored. As much as I don't think we'll see that many new amazing things come out of it in terms of actual innovations, it is still a very good idea.
LOL, this is actually kinda fun. i'll try soon. When you try doing thins, this makes you stop thinking about "BASALT BASALT BASALT DUO DUO DUO VARI VARI VARI" and have some fun with old wheels.
(Dec. 31, 2011  4:36 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: At 1st I assumed this was going to be some painful noobish post that I would just have to ignore, but after reading your description, that isnt a bad idea. It sounds like fun really! Maybe I should try it when I have the time

BEST LINE EVER! I think I'm going to incorporate this into my signature lol.

Haha, thanks guys! I'm glad that there are other really cool stories of people's past experiences involved as well!

As to Shab, no problem! I was big on beyblades beginning of last year when it came out, so much as to make the big leapful bounds into the old game breaker known as MF-H Hell Kerbex BD145CS, I had quite the extensive testing into that one!
Anywho, got back into it while buying my future bro-in-law(he's 8) some beyblades. Then caught myself buying some 4D ones and thought "I spend ALL this money, and I don't play with them because I make a game buster, aw what the heck, I might as well try something that will make the game enjoyable again!"

So yes, I think everyone has caught what this is about.
It's more like a project to restore fun to beyblade, removing these shananigans we put on it. For crying out loud, it's made for 10 year-olds and younger! lol. We've all been disillusioned to the magic that made it wonderful for us when we first started and made it into science!
I will part with these words, I understand that there always has to be a winner, and a loser. Frankly, I love to win all the time, but I no the pain of losing all the time, and I'd really like to see the game come back to its fundamentals of "rock, paper, scissors"

As to th!nk, yaaaa, we probably won't find very many gamebreakers lol.
(Dec. 31, 2011  7:25 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Back when I was actually playing with Beyblades, this is what I did like, 80% of the time! I enjoy doing this so much because it's always so unique and exciting! I would use every single part I own and do a tournament by myself with these random combos.

I hope this goes well, it's super fun guys! It makes the game less about testing and combos and more about fun!

This makes me want to start playing with my Beyblades again. You know what, I'm going to play with them tomorrow! Thank you Gibraltor, I believe you just sparked my Beyblade interest again!
I actually hate customization, but whenever I did customize, I customized randomly, just like how Gibraltor suggest us to do. But, I took it to the next level-
I made use of Blindfolds, back then. Eee
Aw, these eyes are such wonderful things, but they are always ready to pass a judgement. However hard you try to make a random combo, your eyes won't allow it. So, use blindfolds and add to the fun!
Just looking at the OP agian, I have never heard of the part Cloud. Is that TT's version of Hasbro's Torch? if so then we should really stop harshing on hasbro's name changes haha

To be clear, can we use all 3 beyblade systems on this thread? (Plastics, HMS, & HWS?)

@th!nk: With plastics, beceasue there were so many different parts and combinations, tiers shmiers! You either had a bey that sucked or just another combination, no tank combos or undefeatable opponents. just everyone doing whatever they wanted, which is what made it fun. (Unless you count Bristol, but no one knew it then =P)

Gibraltor: Haha i am flattered, thank you. I dont see what was so great about that line, but I am humbled none the elss =D

The science part is fun in its own respect (for someone like me who enjoys things like testing and thinking logicaly) but it is always nice to take a breather and have some fun with it.

Janstarblast: Blindfolds would be interesting haha. Although it tmight be easier just to close your eyes =P
Ok then,

Mine was:

MF Blitz Orion ED145HF vs Basalt Leone CH120B

BO - 1 Win - 1 KO
BL - 9 Wins - 9 OS

It wasn't that exciting.
(Dec. 31, 2011  3:46 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Just looking at the OP agian, I have never heard of the part Cloud. Is that TT's version of Hasbro's Torch? if so then we should really stop harshing on hasbro's name changes haha

Ummm, perhaps? And I'm not harshing, just forgot the Hasbro name lol, it's the one with 3 wings and 3 points if that makes sense.

Haha, yaaa, a basalt combo would defeat the fun purpose.

Sure! Let's use any generation!
And a slight change to the rules, why do 10 battles when this is about fun? So, best of 3, tournament style! 10 if you think you have something going on.

If this was to get stickied, then I will adjust the rules at the top, as for now.
Oh and yes! Blindfolds would work! I may even suggest gloves, because I know what I'm picking when I feel it >.>
(Dec. 31, 2011  5:08 PM)Gibraltor Wrote: Ummm, perhaps? And I'm not harshing, just forgot the Hasbro name lol, it's the one with 3 wings and 3 points if that makes sense.

If this was to get stickied, then I will adjust the rules at the top, as for now.
Oh and yes! Blindfolds would work! I may even suggest gloves, because I know what I'm picking when I feel it >.>

Thats Torch from Torch Aries.

And I don't think this would get stickied.
Did some testing in the Attack Stadium:

Flame Cancer 145F vs Counter Kronos B:D
Standard Procedure; Kronos launched first.
Cancer- 18 wins (13 OS, 5 KO)
Kronos- 2 wins (1 OS, 1 KO)

This was fun to do, surprsingly! After I got done testing, I was messing around with Cancer, and the actual flat part of the Bottom came off! Now I've got an XHF, haha.
Gibraltor: Oh no I wasnt saying you specificly, just the community in general haha.

This is awesome! When I get home I have a few mismatched plastic parts i bought from my friend a few months back. Other than a Crystal Draciel F, 2 bit chips and a weight disk i had before the buy its basicly all I have left of my once amazing plastics collection that my parents got rid off =( Atleast now what is left of my collection has purpose now
Kaiba: ...how is that even possible? The F part is molded into the plastic tip itself. It isnt like RF and even thats hard to do unless you remove the rubber or you get a defective tip.

Btw a while back i tested "WHF" a while back. Not a good part...
AR: Dragon Breaker
WD: 10 Wide
BB: Semi-Flat

vs.

AR: Wing Cross
WD: Mange WD
SG: Right SG (Bearing Version)
SP: Survivor Ring
BB: Customize Grip Base

Wing Cross: 16 (8 KO's, 8 OS)
Dragon Breaker: 4 (4 KO)
AR - Cross Spiker
WD- 10 Wide
SP - Upper Attack
BB - Customize Change Base
Vs
AR - Gigantic Claw
WD- 10 Balance
EG - Right EG
BB - First Clutch Base (Metal Driger ver.)

Cross Spiker combo - 12 wins (11 os, 1 ko)
Gigantic claw combo- 8 wins (5 os, 3 ko)
I haven't had this kind of fun with plastics for a LONG TIME...
Will post MFB test results as well...
Btw Happy new year guys 'cause it's almost midnight here in India .. Smile
lol, yaaaa, really no reason to sticky. Just IF they do, I'll organize it better.

Glad to see this is kicking off well! Wasn't sure how well this thread was going to play out to be honest, figured someone was going to warn me >.>
I doubt that would happen Gibraltor, even with the lose-handed warnings here.
I remember you being an awesome poster and then disappearing! Good of you to come back!

I'm certain at one point or another, every blader has done this, so I don't see why it would be bashed, huh?
Thanks for reminding me of the random kind of fun. It really brings out the random balance in Beyblade!
Haha, glad you remember me! I know a lot of these new posters don't know what contributions I've made but it's quite alright! I plan on doing some more thorough research once my 4D beyblades come in!

Basically my friend got me into Heroclix again, and I got busy with that, then dating, then school, and yada yada.

I got tired of waiting for 4D though more importantly, so I figured I'd wait til there was more to play with!
Rock Bull C145SF vs Ray Pegasis 105D
Bull Banked, Burning Firestrike (Hasbro), Rev-Up Launcher
Rock Bull C145SF: 7 wins (5 KOs, 2 OS)
Ray Pegasis 105D: 3 wins (2 KOs, 1 OS)
0 draws
Rock Bull win percentage: 70%

Quite some KOs for a hasbro stadium.

Poison Phoenix M145CS vs Galaxy Pegasis 125F
Burning Firestrike ( Hasbro), Rev-Up Launcher
Poison Phoenix M145CS: 0 wins
Galaxy Pegasis 125F: 10 wins (2 KOs, 8 OS)
0 draws
Poison Phoenix M145CS win percentage: 0%

No duh, poison + m145 = suicide.
kbuno50: Hasbro stadium + Rock & SF combo = hasbro metagame domination lol

My turn. Plastics baby!

Custom Name: Drager/Driciel
BC:Metal Draciel
AR: Tiger Defenser
WD: 8 Heavy
SG: Right
BB: Semi-Flat

Custom Name: Driborg/Wolger
BC:Metal Driger
AR: Reverse Wolf
WD: Ten Wide
SG: Right (Bearing Ver)
BB: Bearing Base*

Edit: I had done tests on these, but unfortunatly my bearing base was broken...it is missing the tip that covers the bearing shaft, and the bearing shaft is rattling...****

Its too bad...Drager/Driciel was doing really well, and the battles were great too...the only problem was Drager/Driciel's AR was loose for some reason, and slid off to easily...
Eheh,sounds fun!
( these combos where made from picking up random parts )

Rock Tempo AD145HF VS Storm Libra LW105B

Rock Tempo: 9
Storm Libra: 9
2 ties
Those are odd combos indeed lol.

Ya, I can even make my fiance play the game when we play by these rules. I'll post some more up later!
Heh, I remember doing this when I was like 7-8, back in the Plastics Era. This was when Beyblading was really fun. We never knew who was going to win. I loved using the Engine Gear and the Dragoon AR, and just mixing up parts in general.

My, has the time fly by... Nowadays, we got Basalt this, Basalt that. And Gibraltor, it's been awhile!