Let’s Talk About School

At lunch today, some kid always takes my friend’s food and gives it back. But today, he didn’t. So we tried calling over someone who normally does it. The kid said that if we get the kid, he’ll eat it. I was getting very agitated so I told him this. “You never said what would happen if I brought the Vice Principal over.” (The VP was in the cafeteria). Him: Says that I’d be known as a snitch. Me: Cracks knuckles and looks at the kid. “You really think I care about what people think about me more than I care about my friend getting his food back?” Him: Oh wow. I don’t care.

The kid clearly cared, as he looked intimidated and gave the food back. I hate stupid people.

UltimateMaster, any updates?
I always feel kinda left out when people are talking about school drama. Like who's Kimmy, what did she do, and why should i care?
Recently, my school implemented a no phone policy, which is fine, except that it also applies at lunch period as well, which makes me mad. There's a security guard near one of the doors and I hate that they're in my proximity as at anytime they can warn me out of nowhere.

So I just go to the library. Problem solved. Only downside is that I'm unable to meet my group of friends.
(Mar. 10, 2020  3:23 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: At lunch today, some kid always takes my friend’s food and gives it back. But today, he didn’t. So we tried calling over someone who normally does it. The kid said that if we get the kid, he’ll eat it. I was getting very agitated so I told him this. “You never said what would happen if I brought the Vice Principal over.” (The VP was in the cafeteria). Him: Says that I’d be known as a snitch. Me: Cracks knuckles and looks at the kid. “You really think I care about what people think about me more than I care about my friend getting his food back?” Him: Oh wow. I don’t care.

The kid clearly cared, as he looked intimidated and gave the food back. I hate stupid people.

UltimateMaster, any updates?

Group chat update? Sure.

They suspended one of my friends. Hopefully the matter is over. Since I didn’t do anything on the chat that was rude or inappropriate, I don’t know much on what happened.
I always have homework, but I finish it in class and then I come home and my parents are like,”Do you have homework?” I think they are suspicious now...
I have to read for homework and I normally don’t since it is 30 minutes, so I just do my other homework that takes 15 minutes
School has flooded
[Image: 0532-E91-B-6-C35-4639-9634-9-C4-C2-DB3-BCC9.jpg]
Yes, I climbed the fence and jumped in.
(Mar. 12, 2020  11:26 PM)UltimateMaster Wrote: School has flooded
My first thought: no school for you!
My second thought: online homework potentially.

That sucks. Are you happy or sad about it?
(Mar. 12, 2020  11:46 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2020  11:26 PM)UltimateMaster Wrote: School has flooded
My first thought: no school for you!
My second thought: online homework potentially.

That sucks. Are you happy or sad about it?

School won’t close. It’s only in the courtyard. I actually think my school may close because of the coronavirus.
I didn't have a picture with me, but white ash swarmed everywhere at my school. I say ash, but it doesn't feel like it. It's like... small bits of paper?

As of now I'm supposed to return back to school after spring break on the 23rd.
San Francisco governor just shut down all our
SFUSD Schools.... I’m pretty sure y’all
have a idea as to why...
My schools still open we got about 1000 cases here uk
At my school, i have an Art teacher (not necessarily the practical application of Arts, more like concepts) that does not have a criteria on judging our paperwork. So whenever our output is 'lacking' it's lower than the desired 90 percentile ( which is equivalent to A+ or A on other grading systems) and it is understandable, but the problem is he doesn't even notify us on what we should do in its entirety! and it results to lower grades out of our expense
(Mar. 13, 2020  12:20 PM)burniken Wrote: At my school, i have an Art teacher (not necessarily the practical application of Arts, more like concepts) that does not have a criteria on judging our paperwork. So whenever our output is 'lacking' it's lower than the desired 90 percentile ( which is equivalent to A+ or A on other grading systems) and it is understandable, but the problem is he doesn't even notify us on what we should do in its entirety! and it results to lower grades out of our expense

Thats a big oof
School just shut down today and I’m sad because I got something for my friend for his birthday today. So I’m swinging by his house to drop it off today. School is also closed on Monday for planning.
I think my school has closed down due to coronavirus until the 22nd of March. I already had spring break for all this week but it looks like I am getting a longer break.
(Mar. 13, 2020  2:45 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: I think my school has closed down due to coronavirus until the 22nd of March. I already had spring break for all this week but it looks like I am getting a longer break.

I don’t get spring break till April.

My school just shut down ten minutes ago until April 20th. I’m so freaking mad right now.
My School is closed for 2 weeks. big epic, but obviously online homework.
(Mar. 13, 2020  2:46 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2020  2:45 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: I think my school has closed down due to coronavirus until the 22nd of March. I already had spring break for all this week but it looks like I am getting a longer break.

I don’t get spring break till April.

My school just shut down ten minutes ago until April 20th. I’m so freaking mad right now.

Shut down till 4/20... 420, HA!
(Mar. 13, 2020  10:15 PM)snoc Wrote: My School is closed for 2 weeks. big epic, but obviously online homework.

Thats the problem with me as well if we shut down there will still be online homework to do!
I literally on Thursday was dragging myself out of school because I didn't want to go home and be bored (I like school, don't judge me lol) I thought that 10 days (March 26th) wasn't too horendous and it would all go back to normal. I get home and the literal first thing that my parents tell me that March Break would be extended until April 5th. Now everywhere I live is packed full of people trying to get supplies to shut themselves out of the world to prevent them from getting COVID-19. My relitives went out to get toilet paper (because they were actually out of it) and had to pay $32.00 for 12 roles of toilet paper, $32.00! We of course right now have bought enough food and personal hygiene products to last us for a month for our houshold before they all ran out. Everything is being canceled for the precautions taken to stop the spreading of the virus. Here in Canada we have been given an extended March break, but can't do anything fun because everything is closing! I hope this will not have to last for long,  because it's been 2 months since the last tourney in Canada, and I need Beyblade lol! I know everyone needs to figure this problem out first, but I can't shake the feeling of wanting to pretend it isn't so I can actually be productive and have some fun
HI guys, who's schools have closed becuase of the coronavirus? I'm safe here in Aus for now but not sure how it would last. I blame China for this..  I'm starting to get worried becaause people around are coughing and showing symptoms

[Prejudiced meme removed. -DC]

(Mar. 14, 2020  3:59 AM)bekfastblader Wrote: HI guys, who's schools have closed becuase of the coronavirus? I'm safe here in Aus for now but not sure how it would last. I blame China for this..  I'm starting to get worried becaause people around are coughing and showing symptoms

"China"? or "Wuhan?" Just to clarify, i'm not Chinese, but kindly refrain from falsely generalizing countries out of an action that a small group of theirs have done, it generally promotes social stigmas which leads to unnecessary discriminative acts towards China in its entirety. 

Anyway, i don't have classes up until the second week of April, lockdown is possible due to the inflation of cases in my country, generally don't know what i'd do with my requirements.
(Mar. 14, 2020  12:01 PM)burniken Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2020  3:59 AM)bekfastblader Wrote: HI guys, who's schools have closed becuase of the coronavirus? I'm safe here in Aus for now but not sure how it would last. I blame China for this..  I'm starting to get worried becaause people around are coughing and showing symptoms

"China"? or "Wuhan?" Just to clarify, i'm not Chinese, but kindly refrain from falsely generalizing countries out of an action that a small group of theirs have done, it generally promotes social stigmas which leads to unnecessary discriminative acts towards China in its entirety. 

Anyway, i don't have classes up until the second week of April, lockdown is possible due to the inflation of cases in my country, generally don't know what i'd do with my requirements.
sorry, meant to say wuhan, sorry if it offends anyone
Okay everyone, I'm going to make you a deal. In the future, when people break the rules in this thread, you are going to report that post so I can clean it up.

If you don't, I'm going to close this thread, and you'll have to talk about school on some other forum. Understand? Behave yourselves, and if someone misbehaves, you have to report their post, so we can clean up their mistakes.

Oh, and stop being prejudiced. It's kind of important. If you're worried something you post might be prejudiced, don't post it. If you're not worried, but it is, then you need to do more self-reflection.

Do they not teach people to stop being prejudiced in schools anymore? Does it vary by country?