Last movie you watched

Didn't he die while filming the movie? I've heard alot about it but I'm not sure what's the truth and stuff.

I might have to check that movie out. I haven't yet and it sort of interests me.
Yeah he died while filming The Crow. Something about a gun was loaded with real ammo and when they fired the gun he died.

Sex and the City was the last film I watched. I wouldn't want to see this again. I like the show but the film was like not really needed. The group of friends I went with to see the film all said that the film was bad and that it took too long into getting into the story. There are funny parts in the film. I like Samamtha and Charlotte characters, they're funny.
The Sex and the City movie was a great way to end the series. I expected it to wreck the series finale but it was a great addition. The story started straight from the beginning, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Totally did not see anybody here liking Sex and the City. But that's cool.

Tomorrow night a bunch of friends and our girls are goin' to see The Happening. It's gonna be a good time.
Saw The Happening.

Waste of time and money...and this is coming from a guy that can find something good in even the worst movies. I wanted to like it so bad Unhappy
incondite Wrote:Indiana Jones was the last I saw...

I'm sorry.
Roan Wrote:
incondite Wrote:Indiana Jones was the last I saw...

I'm sorry.
I actually enjoyed it except for the non-existant perile that the characters should be in and the (spoiler) aliens.
Yeah, that part was lame as hell.

Just finished watching The Producers.
I saw the Hulk 2 days ago. It was pretty awesome.
It was? It honestly looks uber boring. But Edward Norton is in it so I feel like I almost have to give it a chance.
jasonresno Wrote:It was? It honestly looks uber boring. But Edward Norton is in it so I feel like I almost have to give it a chance.
It's supposed to be good. Focuses more on the psychological aspects of the character and stuff.
That reminds me, I still haven't even seen the original Indian Jones trilogy, I should rent it this weekend.
The original trilogy is waaay better.

Last Crusade and Temple of Doom are seriously too of my favourite movies ever
jasonresno Wrote:It was? It honestly looks uber boring. But Edward Norton is in it so I feel like I almost have to give it a chance.

It's nothing like the other Hulk movie... well at least from what I can remember since I quit watching I got bored. There's a lot of action in this compared to the other.
Having now seen both, I believe I'm in the minority, because, I liked Ang Lee's Hulk better than The Incredible Hulk.

I watched DOA: Dead Or Alive on DVD with friends, sure, the eye candy was alright, but it was just bad. If DragonBall is anything like that, I believe I will never watch a movie in the theathres, or buy a release of a movie for full price ever again.
incondite Wrote:That reminds me, I still haven't even seen the original Indian Jones trilogy, I should rent it this weekend.

Go in with an open mind.

I grew up loving those movies but boy did they age. They first film in the series (raiders of the lost ark) is almost unwatchable.

My girlfriend and I are watchin' the series again. We together couldn't stand the first film (and got sidetracked/bored..) but Temple of Doom redeemed Indy. Now we gotta watch the third film (but instead we got the first season of arrested development and have been watching that Tongue_out)

Last movie I saw: Semi Pro
Rating 5/10. Some really laugh out loud moments but mostly a wasted film . It had potential.
jasonresno Wrote:
incondite Wrote:That reminds me, I still haven't even seen the original Indian Jones trilogy, I should rent it this weekend.

Go in with an open mind.

I grew up loving those movies but boy did they age. They first film in the series (raiders of the lost ark) is almost unwatchable.

My girlfriend and I are watchin' the series again. We together couldn't stand the first film (and got sidetracked/bored..) but Temple of Doom redeemed Indy. Now we gotta watch the third film (but instead we got the first season of arrested development and have been watching that Tongue_out)

Really? The hokiness of the original trilogy is a big part of the charm for me. The latest movie tried so hard to capture the charm and sense of adventure of the originals, but so much of it just fell really flat for me. The ending, in particular, was really unbearably stupid. Actually, the whole thing with the things in the ending was stupid. Not to mention that Ford's performance was really lacking a lot of the spark of the originals- the personality just wasn't there, it really looked like he was just going through the motions to me. Though I will say that Shia was fantastic. Easily one of my favourite parts of the film- he and Blanchett were the only actors that actually seemed to give a carp.
I saw 27 dresses. Was actually pretty dece.
Oh I haven't seen the newest one yet. I meant my girl and I have to watch the Last Crusade still. I'm lookin' forward to it.

Right now I have no opinion on the new film yet. I gotta see it.

I just couldn't get passed the first ones cheesiness. Not to mention that Indy comes off downright evil. He probably has a 150+ body count in the first film all to find the Ark.
Just watched Be Kind, Rewind for the second time in my life. I liked this movie a lot more when I, and apparently 2 other people, went to go see this in the cinemas.

It's nice, it has charm, it's just not what I was expecting. Unless it's a King Kong movie, I expect to walk into a movie featuring Jack Black, and just start laughing. I did just not right away, but they were just slight laughs, not walls off hilarious. I partially blame that on the fact that while this movie was marketed (which equals to about two TV Commercials) as a satirical film, but focused very little on it. It's good just not great.

Most of the cast seemed to be fine, although some parts with Mos Def felt wooden, and felt like it was painful for him to act. It loses points for having Chamillionaire in it, and not have him say "Ridin' Dirty" once.

I'm also happy the ending didn't become cliched as the climax seemed to be pointing to. I was expecting this movie to end with one of two outcomes when I first saw it, I was shocked when out of left field I got hit with a surprise ending.

Overall, Be Kind Rewind is fun and original which is greatly appreciated, it has good performances, but just isn't what you're expecting.I give it a "C".
Just saw the new Indiana Jones and I absolutely loved it. I heard alot of bad things about it from friends and from IMDB but I was floored.

This movie stays so in line with the originals that, barring obvious aging and better graphics, this feels exactly like one of the first ones.

The entire cast was excellent and stayed true to the Indie flair (the slightly over the top acting). The scenery was absolutely gorgeous. The storyline was fantastic and just extreme enough to make it an interesting and typical Indiana Jones movie.

Shia didn't hog the screen (which I was afraid of) and neither did Dr. Jones. The movie was fun, funny, and entertaining.

I guess my only real complaint is that the villian seemed under developed (but thats fairly typical in most Indie films).

We even got a camea from Janitor from Scrubs.

Overall this film was fantastic and true to the classics while still managing to bring in a new age flair.

8.5/10

Lost points for a underwhelming villain and a few eye rolling moments (involving Mac, Indies sidekick/partner), There was also this wierd chemistry going on between the main villain and Indie..it was wierd but you could just feel how much they enjoyed working with eachother. At times you could forget she was a villain (and I believe this was unintentional)

And for all those people crying about how unrealistic it is...it's an Indian Jones movie, enough said.
I wasn't complaining about it being unrealistic, I was complaining about it just being stupid, even for an Jones flick. It was the sort of carp I'd expect from a D-Movie on Lifetime.

And I can just about guarantee that the moments where you forgot Irina was a villain were intentional- she was, in many ways, Indie's equal.
I watched 300 on Blu-Ray today. Let me be the first to tell you, I came prepared for glory and it was glorious indeed.

Next up: Blade Runner.
street kings (lolo), rambo, and there will be blood