World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Last movie you watched - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Media (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Media)
+--- Thread: Last movie you watched (/Thread-Last-movie-you-watched)

Last movie you watched - jasonresno - Jun. 11, 2008

Elaborate on your answer : do not only give the title of the last movie you watched. Tell us how you liked it, what you would have changed, etc. Otherwise, you will be warned.

I see threads like this in all kinds of forums and they usually do pretty well. Basically just post the last movie you saw, a rating, and if you'd reccomend it.

Last film I saw was "I now pronounce you chuck and larry" (with my girlfriend Tongue_out). For an Adam Sandler film it actually wasn't too bad. It was typically goofy and at times raunchy but it managed to touch on serious subjects and still maintain the integrity of such. Nick Swardson steals the show (as usual) and Ving Rhames provides an unexpectedly humorous role...check it out on a slow saturday, 7/10.

RE: Last movie you watched - bugturtles - Jun. 11, 2008

DRIFT BIBLE

like the third time i've watched this lol

RE: Last movie you watched - jasonresno - Jun. 11, 2008

What's it about?

RE: Last movie you watched - bugturtles - Jun. 11, 2008

drifting techniques

RE: Last movie you watched - Alice - Jun. 11, 2008

Film: One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

I wasn't giving it my full attention as I was doing some work at the same time but from what I saw, I thought it was fantastic; Jack Nicholson plays his role perfectly. He has the most amazing ability to create this immense feeling of unease and terror at any given moment and it comes off extremely well.
Even though I thought there were some weak points throughout, I thought it was brilliant overall. The ending is upsetting, haunting and powerful and therefore phenomonal. I'll have to watch it again soon.

9/10

RE: Last movie you watched - Roan - Jun. 11, 2008

I watched Red Dragon the other night.

Ralph Fiennes was a PERFECTLY cast Tooth Fairy.

The guy who played Graham, however, wasn't so good an actor. As always though, Anthony Hopkins was great as Hannibal.

I read the book a few years ago and loved it, and I thought the movie was a decent adaptation.

I'd probably give it a B; and I think people should see it if they have any interest in the book or The Silence of the Lambs.

RE: Last movie you watched - knux - Jun. 11, 2008

Last film i saw at the cinema was Ironman. Wasnt that bad.

Lat film i saw on tv was Coming To America...EDDIE MURPHY IS NOT FUNNY IN THIS FILM!

RE: Last movie you watched - Alice - Jun. 11, 2008

Alice Wrote:Film: One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

I wasn't giving it my full attention as I was doing some work at the same time but from what I saw, I thought it was fantastic; Jack Nicholson plays his role perfectly. He has the most amazing ability to create this immense feeling of unease and terror at any given moment and it comes off extremely well.
Even though I thought there were some weak points throughout, I thought it was brilliant overall. The ending is upsetting, haunting and powerful and therefore phenomonal. I'll have to watch it again soon.

9/10

I just watched this again and the ending made me cry. It's amazing.

Unhappy

RE: Last movie you watched - Blader Soul - Jun. 11, 2008

pokemon 3 the movie

RE: Last movie you watched - Bey Brad - Jun. 12, 2008

Sex and the City

About a billion times better than I expected it to be!

RE: Last movie you watched - mdhvdukshsj - Jun. 12, 2008

i hear sex and the city is the place to be to meet foxy ladies

is this true

RE: Last movie you watched - Bey Brad - Jun. 12, 2008

there were only three other people there so i cannot attest to that

RE: Last movie you watched - To - Jun. 12, 2008

Tonight I will watch Bleach The Movie:Memories of Nobody, in the theathres with friends. Hope for it to be good.

RE: Last movie you watched - Kei - Jun. 12, 2008

Blood Diamond

By far the best movie I've ever had to watch for a class.

Dude, please don't tell me you watched that for English class...

Takao Wrote:Dude, please don't tell me you watched that for English class...
Civics

Ah you see, because today in English we watched Blood Diamond. Aswell, I have a friend who is very fond of 5cm p/second.

Takao Wrote:Ah you see, because today in English we watched Blood Diamond. Aswell, I have a friend who is very fond of 5cm p/second.
Ha, what a coincidence.

Everybody should be fond of 5 Centimeters Per Second!

RE: Last movie you watched - AnnieDuck - Jun. 12, 2008

Titan A.E.
The Importance of Being Earnest

RE: Last movie you watched - Cye Kinomiya - Jun. 12, 2008

Fight Club

This is my favorite movie ever. I've seen in like 12 times in four weeks.
I read the book too.

RE: Last movie you watched - Roan - Jun. 12, 2008

Cye Kinomiya Wrote:Fight Club

This is my favorite movie ever. I've seen in like 12 times in four weeks.
I read the book too.

I'm reading the book right now for the first time and having a hard time imagining what a movie adaptation could be.

The first time I saw it was at like 3:30 am and I wasn't all together there, but I could definitely tell it was too complicated to just be a movie. I saw it again and was hooked. I think it is the most quotable movie ever. If I had read the book first I would have never imagined a movie adaptation. The endings are different (I think the book's is better), but I still love the movie. I always hated Brad Pitt until I saw Fight Club.

RE: Last movie you watched - Roan - Jun. 12, 2008

Cye Kinomiya Wrote:The first time I saw it was at like 3:30 am and I wasn't all together there, but I could definitely tell it was too complicated to just be a movie. I saw it again and was hooked. I think it is the most quotable movie ever. If I had read the book first I would have never imagined a movie adaptation. The endings are different (I think the book's is better), but I still love the movie. I always hated Brad Pitt until I saw Fight Club.

Does Brad play Tyler in the movie?

Yeah he does

RE: Last movie you watched - Marin - Jun. 12, 2008

The Crow.

Such an incredible movie. Its such a novel idea, to have a story where we have both such an emotional connection to the hero and yet no real fear for his safety. I'd say for this reason the ending disappoints, but of course it couldn't betray the source material, so its no big issue.

SPOILERS Wrote:I think that the female antagonist feels like a bit of a deus ex machina and kind of a cheap one at that. Its never explained fully how she knows the Crow's weakness, though my friend says that it is supposed to be explained more thoroughly in the novel.

Great movie if a bit dated. The effects and some of the script might be dated but the action is always impressive and the story is a great one of revenge. You can really feel the hate that fuels the character (and the author; I understand that the writing was a reflection and a means of dealing with the feelings he had when his girlfriend was killed). Unfortunately I had to watch it with someone who lets say wasn't quite appreciating the graphics, but I look forward to watching again.

RIP Brandon Lee