Lack of recent posting quality.

I have noticed that some members recently have been posting with one of the following :

- Lack of grammar/spelling/basic capitalization rules you learned in kindergarten.

- Lack of feeling/meaning. It feels like some users post meaningless and uninsightful posts that don't add to the conversation/topic at hand.

- Just a lack of actually new/insightful information. This relates to the second point, but is different in that users haven't been contributing to the topic they post in.

Has anyone else noticed this? I would love to crack down on this problem.
(Jul. 24, 2013  9:30 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: I have noticed that some members recently have been posting with one of the following :

- Lack of grammar/spelling/basic capitalization rules you learned in kindergarten.

Well, not everyone cares!
(Jul. 24, 2013  9:35 PM)eaglenemesis Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2013  9:30 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: I have noticed that some members recently have been posting with one of the following :

Well, not everyone cares!

Thats may be true to you but to some people it seriously annoying
(Jul. 24, 2013  9:35 PM)eaglenemesis Wrote: Well, not everyone cares!

Are you serious? Sure, they may not care, but does that give them an excuse to not do it?

I am sure that you go to or went to a school where people didn't care about their grades or their grammar, etc. It just makes them look bad. The same here. Usually people who care to type out their posts correctly are looked higher upon than people who don't.

This isn't 2007 where you could post more or less whatever as long as you were a friend of Brad's. It doesn't work like that anymore. (no offense Brad)
Actually, they really should care. I'm just such in a rush I accidently misspell things or get the words mixed around, I don't have spell check or auto correct on my Ipad.
It comes preinstalled, the only way you shouldn't have it is if you turned it off.
It doesn't work when I type on the WBO, but sometimes I try to go back and edit it, with the proper spelling.
I use my iPod all the time and it has spell check... An iPad should have that too?Smile
It doesn't when I type on the WBO.
I´m sure that there are many users here (like me) who are neither native speakers nor do we speak (or write) English very often. Please excuse our lack of grammatical knowledge and articulateness. We didn´t learn it in kindergarten, but we do our best.

But u r right bcoz things like dat are really annoying...
No, it is completely understandable, but it is annoying when people who know English fluently do it.
Exactly, I haven't noticed an increase, but the fact that it happens is bothersome. I can usually interpret what they meant and usually comment on it in the form of a joke; but for stories, it feels like I'm unable to read a chapter without something being misspelled.
(Jul. 24, 2013  9:50 PM)Kyler_the best Wrote: It doesn't when I type on the WBO.

Hmmm weird?Uncertain
(Jul. 24, 2013  9:54 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: No, it is completely understandable, but it is annoying when people who know English fluently do it.

I mean the style of spelling like my last sentence is annoyingJoyful_2 Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Yeah, I saw many posts like that. Although they really do not need a spell check to know that "bcoz u r" and such things are wrong, many users write like that...Uncertain But I don´t see an increase, too, because I´m quite new at wbo Grin
well spellcheck doesn't work on WBO for some reason. Unhappy
That stinksUnhappy
Honestly, I go nuts when I see misspellings and text talk. I understand there's not always spell check, but would it kill someone to read over their post to see if they spelled in a partially competent manner? Not trying to be rude, but it gives a bad impression when someone makes posts like
"O i no, its os colo lol"
all the time. Fact is, it's not hard to check spelling, manually or automatically, and it makes you appear more competent.
And it is really hard to read haha.
Yeah especially Ultramarine's example(in the “__") is hard to read and sounds confusing?
Well yah, I was giving an example, as I have seen many posts like that, especially recently.

And like *Ginga* saying, posts like that make it a task just to understand what someone is trying to say.
What did the example even mean?
This is awesome. Smile I'm so glad someone addressed this issue. I've seen a particular decline in quality concentrated in the customization forum.

People say stuff like: Thisis my combo itisPoison Gemios230MS doyou likeit its coolthanks.

They leave out spaces between words and stuff, and there are no periods. Unhappy It's really hard to understand.
eaglenemesis. The example Ultramarine was using in his post, “o I no, it's os colo lol", its about how some people write in text or something like that?Smile
(Jul. 24, 2013  11:45 PM)eaglenemesis Wrote: What did the example even mean?
Um...it's how some people post. I thought I made it fairly clear.
I pretty much agree. Lately, I've been noticing people also making posts like, "Oh. Thanks."

There is an edit button for a reason.

It also really gets on my nerves when I see a new post in an interesting thread, go check, and see the post is a piece of carp.