[LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion

Ahh, didn't see that. How mint was your D ? Mine was mint.
Both of mine were mint-ish.
Is anyone out there up to testing Scythe VS Duo? If only we had one more person to do tests we could see what's more better.
If both of you could provide video so we can see what happens in each battle that would be very useful. Could be related to launch stability or something etc.
Like I've said before, I do not have a camera. I don't know why you keep asking, haha.
My bad, didn't see that haha. Hm, I'll give it some thought and see what I come up with.
Haha, not your fault. I'm trying to think of other stuff that might make those tests different. That'd be great if you could th!nk. I don't see how Duo could of got that, hah.
Hm, looking at the tests, did you find your second cancer? If you didn't redo them with that and I just didn't spot them (still a bit groggy over here haha) then it would be worth doing so if you've found it since.

Otherwise, Shining God MS, could you recreate Galaxy Blade's tests, if you have a cygnus that is? First ten rounds with cygnus on scythe vs duo cancer. If anyone has both and two same-manufacturer cygnuses that would be good too, could be down to chemistry with cygnus or something. Would be worth investigating, the original scythe used to perform better with Kronos for some reason, so perhaps even the hasbro one is affected by CW choice like that and TT Phantom?

Otherwise or if either of you get time, I would at the very least be curious to see if banking Scythe lets it KO Duo haha, given duo seems extremely susceptible to KO.

In terms of other scythe requests, I'd like to see the following:
MF-H Scythe ____ GB145RSF vs 120 and 145 height attack (want to get an idea of its defense)
(MF-H) Scythe ____ TH220/230CS vs 145-height stamina - don't be surprised if scythe wins, Libra and Burn both work really well in this setup and do pretty well in this matchup in my experience, curious to see if scythe does the same - I was actually going to hold off asking about this until I had a chance to test it myself but eh.
Yeah, I can do that th!nk. Just wait 1 sec for the tests:
Scythe Cygnus 230D vs Duo Cancer 230D
Alternating launches. Swap parts each 10 rounds.
Duo wins:13/20(all OS)
Scythe wins: 7/20( 1 KO, 6 OS)
Scythe Win Percentage:35%
Did Scythe's wins happen with Cygnus or Cancer on? That's still not very close to what Galaxy Blade got but it is at least closer.
Scythe's wins were with Cygnus on.
If it's possible. Could you do: Duo Cygnus vs Scythe Cygnus? Just to see some more results.
Don't have two Cygnuses unfortunately
Fake tests (Click to View)
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
Hm. I posted something in the metal fury project 2 thread about how the three of you could check your duos and scythes in case it's a mold thing (both of you may have done some/all of it already, but yeah), which would be the next step IMO.
Fake tests (Click to View)
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
Wow. Speechless And Scythe still won? Huh Speechless
Yep, it still won. Maybe it was those KO's, haha.
Yeah, it most likely was, but it would still win by like 1%
(Dec. 31, 2013  3:30 PM)Shining God MS Wrote: Wow. Speechless And Scythe still won? Huh Speechless

To be fair, given their respective weights and what I can tell of their distributions from pictures, I have to say I'm more surprised that anyone is finding the opposite. Confused

Galaxy Blade: Woah, that's some serious testing. Thanks for that!

FWIW, removing KO's, Scythe still wins about 54% of the time, and all the tests I've seen seem to confirm it also benefits more from better Clear Wheels than Duo does.
Thanks th!nk. It took me about 5-30 hours, haha. I was so board.
So, now I did what GB did,

Scythe Cancer 230D vs Duo Cancer 230D
Alternating launches. Swap parts each 10 rounds.
Scythe wins: 39/100(29 KO, 10 OS)
Duo wins: 61/100(57 OS, 4 KO)
Scythe Win Percentage:39%
Talk about conflicting XD also GB, your percentage is 57%
Um... That's weird, haha. I honestly don't know what's going on here.

Anyway, thanks for the tests Shining God MS.
Jeez, only 14% of the OS's went scythe's way in those tests (that said, if it can KO Duo enough, that won't really matter).

Okay, well if both of you have done what I said in the metal fury project 2 thread in response to Coach (testing scythe and duo against the same opponent, nominally burn 230d), I'll look at it all tomorrow, if not you should get onto that as the next step, seeing as we've basically eliminated random chance at this point thanks to what I can only assume is both of you wanting to drive yourselves mad watching stamina types clink away at each other for hours (no offense, but man I can barely stand 20 rounds, let alone 100!), so we want to narrow these variables down some. We'll get to the bottom of this yet Tongue_out
Thanks GB! And I will do that, once New Year starts Tongue_out