World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
[LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Metal Fight Limited Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Metal-Fight-Limited-Customizations)
+---- Thread: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion (/Thread-LTD-Scythe-Metal-Fury-Discussion)

Pages: 1 2 3

[LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - Ingulit - Dec. 09, 2013

:: MFB: Limited ::
Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion

This thread is for all things Metal Fury Scythe in the Limited format!

Initially I wanted to test to see if it had decent defense capabilities due to its round bottom perimeter, but the extremely aggressive top half nullified any hope of it performing well as a LTDC. I did find MF-H Scythe Cygnus TH220RSF to be a phenomenal defense type against right-spin attackers (namely right-spin Gravity), but unfortunately the vast majority of attackers can spin left, which invalidates any tall defenders from doing well.

What I did find was that Scythe is a fantastic stamina wheel, but due to its aforementioned aggressive upper half it has significant recoil on lower tracks. So, I put it on TH220D, and the results were fantastic:

Ingulit Wrote:Scythe Cygnus TH220D vs. Earth Cancer W145WD
Earth launched first on even launches, Scythe launched first on odd.
Detail Results (Click to View)
Scythe: 20 (20 OS, 0 KO)
Earth: 0 (0 OS, 0 KO)
Scythe Win %: 100.0%

Scythe has significantly better stamina than Earth it would appear, as these tests weren't even close. What about vs. LTSC, though?

Ingulit Wrote:Scythe Cygnus TH220D vs. Earth Cancer 85WD
Scythe: 20 (20 OS, 0 KO)
Earth: 0 (0 OS, 0 KO)
Scythe Win %: 100.0%

Again, not even close. Scythe would OS Earth with tons and tons of rotations left.

Okay, maybe this is just a height issue; let's try mirror customs!

Ingulit Wrote:Scythe Cygnus TH220D vs. Earth Cygnus TH220D
Scythe: 15 (15 OS, 0 KO)
Earth: 5 (5 OS, 0 KO)
Scythe Win %: 75.0%

All parts were swapped at round 10.

While at first it looked like the second Bey launched would always be the winner, after the part swap Earth didn't have a chance. Apparently Earth started with the better of the two sets of mirrored parts, and even with that benefit it still lost half of the time.

So, while Scythe's low-track defense abilities were less than I'd expected (taller track defense could use some looking into), I was really impressed with its stamina! Scythe appears to have top-tier Stamina potential on taller tracks where its recoil is less of a problem. Before we can really say it's top-tier, though, we have a few things that would be good to test:
  • Scythe ____ TH170(D/SD/TB)
  • Scythe ____ 230(D/SD)
  • Scythe ____ SR200TB

RE: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - Tri - Dec. 09, 2013

This is a random thought, but what about Scythe's use for attack? The part where the PC frame adds a lot of recoil I think, especially on lower tracks. I've tried it with 105 or sown thing like that (any lower would scrape) and it KOed Earth pretty efficiently. I was testing out various attack set ups for the limited format and although it didn't so as well as Cosmic and others, it still did pretty decent!

Could we see a mirror set up but with Phantom or Duo instead?

RE: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - ★WindStarElite★ - Dec. 09, 2013

(Dec. 09, 2013  5:26 AM)Tri Wrote: This is a random thought, but what about Scythe's use for attack? The part where the PC frame adds a lot of recoil I think, especially on lower tracks. I've tried it with 105 or sown thing like that (any lower would scrape) and it KOed Earth pretty efficiently. I was testing out various attack set ups for the limited format and although it didn't so as well as Cosmic and others, it still did pretty decent!

Could we see a mirror set up but with Phantom or Duo instead?

I do Agree. He should do scythe for attack I use it its Quite good I use MF-H Scythe Cygnus R145 R2F/CS.Scythe. Has great Abilities. For attack and holds up some great defense. When hit by another attack type bey Like cosmic Pegasus or Spiral Lyre.

RE: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - Draciel516 - Dec. 09, 2013

I got scythe for christmas last year and never gave it much thought until I saw ltd format come out, I have to go to school tomorrow (joy of joys, driving the frozen over highway 30 minutes to the university) but I'm planning on doing some informal tests on scythe as an attacker.
Tri the lowest you might go is 100 with this because of its overhang unless you prefer it to scrape

RE: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - ★WindStarElite★ - Dec. 09, 2013

(Dec. 09, 2013  6:14 AM)Draciel516 Wrote: I got scythe for christmas last year and never gave it much thought until I saw ltd format come out, I have to go to school tomorrow (joy of joys, driving the frozen over highway 30 minutes to the university) but I'm planning on doing some informal tests on scythe as an attacker.
Tri the lowest you might go is 100 with this because of its overhang unless you prefer it to scrape

Yeah This was an interesting When I saw this as well and 100 You might not want to go that low it would be easy to Ko. Because Of balance Issues To the metal wheel From that massive Power hit will make it KO.But Someone made an Scythe Combo on her using 85 but for scraping it all depends upon the Tip.

RE: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - Kaneki - Dec. 09, 2013

Fake tests (Click to View)
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.

RE: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - Kujikato - Dec. 09, 2013

Scythe has always had amazing stamina, I'm glad that it's showing promise.

On that note, anti-attacker with good stamina possible?

RE: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - DRAGON KING - Dec. 09, 2013

Yay ! I was right about u scythe! Can't wait too see more tests Grin

RE: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - Coach - Dec. 09, 2013

I know there was a combo thread for the TT scythe___85rf. People laughed at it and I didn't believe it so I had to try it. And I love it but I put it on a cs with mild movement. Would like to see some testing with that. And remember I'm an attack junkie and I was really impressed because it was hard to get a solid hit on it.
I unfortunately avoided all metal fury beys. Kicking myself now because I know I saw them for $4 a piece.

RE: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - Kaneki - Dec. 09, 2013

Haha, I saw mine for £2. So I grabbed a bunch. I was gonna try Scythe on that combo, I'm gonna test it tomorrow. I like it's idea, but not sure how it'll do. I also love Attack, so that's why I'm testing too, haha.

RE: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - Ocean - Dec. 09, 2013

TBH I really like Scythe W145WD/DS. I am not Ultra.

RE: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - th!nk - Dec. 15, 2013

Just found these tests in the regular format Metal Fury Phantom thread, done by Raigeko13: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Metal-Fury-Phantom-Discussion?pid=1058637#pid1058637

Duo looks like it might be the main opposition to Scythe but then again, Raigeko did mention the respective heights each wheel actually sits at in the matchup he posted may have had something to do with it, and looking at the hell tests he did with each Phantom *could* be a little better. Testing both against Metal Fury Duo might be the best way to find out which is better, seeing as both are likely going to perform pretty similarly dominant against Earth anyway Uncertain

RE: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - Kaneki - Dec. 15, 2013

Fake tests (Click to View)
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.

RE: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - th!nk - Dec. 15, 2013

Judging by Raigeko's tests and what he posted, the main way of comparing Scythe and Phantom will be comparative rather than direct. Not sure how I feel about earth, burn and at least the 3 min mold of Virgo being eclipsed so thoroughly by wheels not released in a lot of places, but oh well, it's not like I really use stamina unless I'm sure I'm facing defense anyway, and Earth is still probably the safest of the lot there.

RE: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - Thunder Dome - Dec. 18, 2013

Has anyone though about using Scythe on a LTDC setup? I know it is not the same as the 4D Sycthe, but it looks like it could do well. I'll try it out some when I get home. The combo I'm thinking about is MF/MF-H Scythe 105/100 CS/RSF. Although people normally use 90 for Scythe LTDC's I don't see it working good on this, but that's me. If anyone can try it out thanks!
Edit:nvm I saw the OP and Ingulit stated it doesn't do well on LTDC setups

RE: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - Leone19 - Dec. 18, 2013

(Dec. 18, 2013  9:59 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Has anyone though about using Scythe on a LTDC setup? I know it is not the same as the 4D Sycthe, but it looks like it could do well. I'll try it out some when I get home. The combo I'm thinking about is MF/MF-H Scythe 105/100 CS/RSF. Although people normally use 90 for Scythe LTDC's I don't see it working good on this, but that's me. If anyone can try it out thanks!
Edit:nvm I saw the OP and Ingulit stated it doesn't do well on LTDC setups

Yeah this probably wouldn't do the best because of the overhang it has (not sure about the TT one) and the Wheel's upper-half.

EDIT: Just saw your edit, haha.

RE: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - th!nk - Dec. 19, 2013

Figure it's worth pointing out that based on Ingulit's Weights, Scythe is one of the heaviest wheels in the format. Definitely have a few ideas I want to play around with when I get mine Grin

RE: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - [)ragon - Dec. 19, 2013

Dang it! You beat me to it! XD

I have a TRUCKLOAD of Scythe testing... I'll be posting Phase 2 of the Metal Fury Project very soon! Grin I also have tons of testing against Burn... *SUSPENSE*

Testing, testing, 123!

Quote:Scythe testing:

RE: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - Angry Face - Dec. 19, 2013

Just finished a Stamina test comparing Scythe to Earth (using BeyTest, to boot; very cool app!).

Scythe Pegasis II AD145WD vs. Earth Pegasis II AD145WD
Scythe Pegasis launched first on even launches, Earth Pegasis launched first on odd.
SP: 13 (12 OS, 1 KO)
EP: 7 (7 OS, 0 KO)
Scythe Win %: 65.0%

@TheBlackDragon: Nice tests! That LTSC matchup between Earth and Scythe is a nice surprise.

RE: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - The Supreme One - Dec. 20, 2013

Scythe Cancer TR145 RSF anyone?

RE: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - lovesick - Dec. 20, 2013

Scythe Escolpio 85RF pls? Wanna know its attack capabilities.

RE: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - th!nk - Dec. 20, 2013

Well, I think it's pretty clear that Scythe is king of stamina at this point. Testing for other types is probably the next thing on the list, I agree with Roar on wanting to see what it can do as an Attack type, though I suspect 85 will be too low for it.
Defense tests would also be nice, seeing as it looks to be surprisingly solid for that barring that top side.

Obviously no problem with more stamina tests, particularly if they're focussed on finding better setups for it or whatever, but I think we've got our proof that Scythe has awesome stamina.

EDIT: Oh right, I forgot. Would love to see some testing of Scythe TH220/230D vs one of the major spin stealers, like Gravity Perseus (Stamina) B: D. Curious to see if it is somehow good enough to not need EWD to outspin them, which would be nice.

RE: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - Snoop Dog MS - Dec. 29, 2013

You guys probably aren't gonna believe me but... Duo kicked Scythe's butt.
Duo Cancer 230D vs Scythe Cancer 230D
Alternating launches. Swap parts each 10 rounds.
Duo wins:17/20 (all OS)
Scythe wins:3/20(all OS)
Duo Win Percentage:85%

RE: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - Kaneki - Dec. 29, 2013

Oh, may I ask who got launched first? Was it Scythe or Duo?

RE: [LTD] Scythe (Metal Fury) Discussion - Snoop Dog MS - Dec. 29, 2013

It was alterntaing launches, but first Scythe, then Duo, and next round, Duo, then Scythe.