[LTD] Omega Discussion :: Potentially Unbannable?

:: Omega Discussion ::

Before freaking out and posting "READ BAN LITS OMEGAA IS 4D BAY ITS BANND", I made this thread because I think it's potentially unnamable, and the ban list states the same thing. Its pretty heavy compared to some attack wheels in the format but its not as great as you'd expect, albeit still pretty good.

Here are the modes just in case you don't know them straight from Beywiki:

Beywiki Wrote:Assault Mode:
In Assault Mode, the Frame is positioned as to cover the gap between the talon and the scale protrusions.

Barrage Mode:
In Barrage Mode, the Frame completely covers the scale protrusions.

Clear wheels to test with
  • Unicorno
  • Uranus
  • Horogium (possibly)
  • Kerbecs (just see if you get good results, I didn't.)

If you find a better clear wheel, by all means test the heck out of it!

I will state what mode I am testing in with the tests.

Tests

Defense Tests (Click to View)

Judging from these tests, I say take Omega off the ban list. Gravity's likelihood of being banned is very high at the moment so Omega could come on and do some damage as well, just not 'ban-list-material-damage'. Having a 4D metal wheel in limited format would e kind of weird, but keeping a well balanced format is the goal, and seeing as Omega is overpowering according to these tests, it'd be a great part for limited.

Post what other tests I should do!
Awesome, thanks for this! Could you test it on CH120 vs MF-H Earth Aquario R145RSF? Also if you have bakushin, MF-H Bakushin Leone 90RSF?

Omega did always seem like it arrived "late", so perhaps it'll finally get to shine.

Given the February banlist update is coming up, if others could repeat these tests ASAP that'd be really good too.
I meant to do Bakushin tests :\. Darn, will do as soon as I can when I wake up. I've lied to myself saying I was going to sleep already, I'm gonna try to do t this time XD. Darn beyblade going through my head.
And... now I wish I bought Hyperblades when they were out :\ Can you do a Stamina tests pwease? Cute
It's attack vs. stamina, so just do some battles in your head, haha, there really isn't a need for that if it can KO defense pretty well.
No I mean Omega on a Stamina set-up.
(Jan. 07, 2014  10:23 AM)Shining Dog MS Wrote: No I mean Omega on a Stamina set-up.

Why?
Why would I do that? It has a lot of recoil unfortunately, the reason I didn't use R145 on it in the tests.

EDIT: I had to use that meme, and th!nk beat me to it .
I thought we should test each type for Omega, Kreis, and Jade.
EDIT: but then again, I am a dog
No, haha. We just test what we think might have potential, which a combo like Omega Cancer W145WD would not have XD.
Suggesting testing Omega for Stamina is really to never have used it. Its Stamina is laughable--and it'll probably stop spinning before you stop laughing.

Anyway, I'm also of the mind that it should be unbanned; it's always taken some alignment of the stars for me to get it to knock out anything, using MF or XF, but I guess it knocks out everything when they are aligned. I'll try to get some testing done in at some point, but I need new RFs, and ironically, I haven't seen a Metal Fury product since Limited was announced.
I actually love Omega but have never really been able to use it because it's so heavily outclassed. Matching up the same defense combos with Gravity would be helpful to see where Omega stands.
(Jan. 07, 2014  3:13 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: I actually love Omega but have never really been able to use it because it's so heavily outclassed. Matching up the same defense combos with Gravity would be helpful to see where Omega stands.

Yeah, if you're testing Omega, please remember to provide an appropriate benchmark. This generally means with one of the stronger Right Spin attack type wheels (preferrably on a similar height to Omega), against something you tested Omega against. Gravity Perseus (ATK>DEF) in Right Spin is probably the best to use, but failing that, Metal Fury Beat or Cosmic would also work (failing those, the strongest right spin attack type you have that has actually been tested).

(Jan. 07, 2014  3:01 PM)Nocto Wrote: Suggesting testing Omega for Stamina is really to never have used it. Its Stamina is laughable--and it'll probably stop spinning before you stop laughing.

Anyway, I'm also of the mind that it should be unbanned; it's always taken some alignment of the stars for me to get it to knock out anything, using MF or XF, but I guess it knocks out everything when they are aligned. I'll try to get some testing done in at some point, but I need new RFs, and ironically, I haven't seen a Metal Fury product since Limited was announced.

Probably cheaper and easier to just grab them off ebay, there's a seller who usually has them for $15US for 3, not amazing value but workable. Glad to see you taking an interest in Limited, by the way.
Who all has Omega and can test? I know it wasnt out very long but we need other members to test so maybe it could be taken off the ban list in February.

Here's the tests against Bakushin Leone:

MF-H Omega Uranus 90R2F vs. MF-H Bakushin Leone 90RSF
Omega Uranus: 10 wins (All KO)
Bakushin Leone: 10 wins (All OS)
Omega Uranus win rate: 50%

Not bad, not nececicarily great though :\.
I have a NIB one. If you need tests I'll open it. Since Limited might need this (tests.) Tell me first, is it worth it? If so I'll use it.
Well judging from my tests, I would say its worth it.

If you mean the TT limited one, then NO! Do not open it XD.
Um... Nope it's not the TT limited one. I just opened it. Now it's time to test. I'll post again when they're done. I'll try test against new things , haha.
(Jan. 07, 2014  8:03 PM)Tri Wrote: Well judging from my tests, I would say its worth it.

hehehe I opened mine Unhappy.

Anyways I'd like to see some libra tests (MF-h libra 230rsf?).
(Jan. 07, 2014  8:15 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2014  8:03 PM)Tri Wrote: Well judging from my tests, I would say its worth it.

Libra's defense on tall tracks is noticeably worse than Earth, its underside has a lot of recoil. Against stamina it can use it for force smash but anything on rf hitting it is going to knock libra around like it's half the weight it really is.
Fake tests (Click to View)
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
(Jan. 07, 2014  8:19 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2014  8:15 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote:

Libra's defense on tall tracks is noticeably worse than Earth, its underside has a lot of recoil. Against stamina it can use it for force smash but anything on rf hitting it is going to knock libra around like it's half the weight it really is.
oh yeah, sorry. Then MF-h libra gb145rsf or 100RB
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
Thanks for the tests! I always thought its weight would be game breaking but I guess not, but then again libra is a boss XD.
With these results, I'd be in favor of unbanning it, honestly. Its obviously not that great, considering Metal Fury combos can kill this thing, haha.

I'd still like to see if Kreis could still be unbanned, too, haha.
Librai still weighs more than Omega, even though is metal system, haha.

Your tests are a lot different than mine L, that sucks :\.