[LTD] MSF-H Ronin Gryph 85RF • Playing with Ronin-Based LTACs

Poll: Ronin LTACs in general; on par with Lightning for Attack?

Yeah, definitely!
50.00%
Nyeh, I'm not too sure.
50.00%
On par with Lightning; you're joking, right?
0%
Total: 100% 2 vote(s)
[LTD] MSF-H Ronin Gryph 85RF • Playing with Ronin-Based LTACs

Hey everyone, how's it going? As it's been exactly two years since I've joined the WBO, I figured I'd do something kind of special; that being a testing thread, hopefully benefiting Limited, also giving us a good idea of what Ronin and Gryph can pull off in terms of Attack. Now, with that being said, let's begin!

The Equipment Used (Click to View)

The Concept (Click to View)

The Launch (Click to View)

The Part Choice (Click to View)

Versus LTACs (Click to View)

Versus MTACs (Click to View)

Versus LTDCs (Click to View)

Lightning versus LTDCs • Benchmarks (Click to View)

Versus MTDCs (Click to View)

Lightning versus MTDCs • Benchmark (Click to View)

Versus HTDCs (Click to View)

Lightning versus LTDCs • Benchmarks (Click to View)

Versus LTSCs (Click to View)

Versus MTSCs (Click to View)

Versus Balance (Click to View)

Versus RF-Based Balance (Click to View)

OVERALL THOUGHTS ON THE COMBO

I think the combo does pretty impressive in each area, and has pulled off some pretty great results. The combo is maybe, just maybe tier-list worthy. Hopefully these many battles done will give us a good idea on whether or whether not it is, haha. I do think, though, that this thing is kind of like a mini Lightning, as well; this and Leone19's Ronin Zirago 85RF are definitely impressive alternatives!

Thanks for reading! Please let me know if you'd like to contribute to this thread, regardless of what it may be to help out, whether it's making a testing video of it in action or testings themselves; I'd be very appreciative. Smile
Whoah !! MIND BLOWN,
Great work Shido, can you test it against Libra B : D ?
Dʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote:Whoah !! MIND BLOWN,
Great work Shido, can you test it against Libra B : D ?

Thanks, it means a whole lot to me!

As for the Libra B:D testings, like I told you, I'm waiting on a new B:D to come in, so that's going to need to wait.
why did you used 105 with versus LTAC's. I don't think it's really representative against other top tier LTAC's. and your customs look like a variant of Ronin Girago 85RF. I don't want to be rude against you but I don't think it's a big finding... I think your combo is a variant not more like Ronin Killerken 85RF. in based this LTAC's is just a compact attack custom getting a chrome wheel to give it a high level of rotation like Girago, Gryph, Killerken could give at the combo. may be Beigirados could do the job for this kind of combo. anyway it's a good test too, it demonstrate how variant could work.

can you test it against MF-H Libra GB145RSF. I want to compare with my own results with Ronin Girago 85LRF and if you can try your combo with out MSF-H. I think it could do better in outspinning.
loyd87 Wrote:why did you used 105 with versus LTAC's. I don't think it's really representative against other top tier LTAC's.

Is that not allowed for LTACs? While I had the option of using other low tracks, I decided to use that one. I don't think using that over things like 85 or 90 would take such a mass impact, either.

loyd87 Wrote:and your customs look like a variant of Ronin Girago 85RF. I don't want to be rude against you but I don't think it's a big finding... I think your combo is a variant not more like Ronin Killerken 85RF.

It was for a fact based off of Leone19's Ronin Zirago 85RF setup, although 85RF is a common for LTACs, so it's not like I'm copying everything from him. Ronin is the only Left Spin Chrome Wheel, too, so I had no other option but to use that if I wanted to experiment with Left Spin-based Gryph setups.

In my opinion, it may have not been the greatest, though definitely a useful finding. Gryph hasn't received any other official tests, as all the ones done were fabricated by Kaneki. With that, it pulled off some pretty good results; some may have not even expected it from Gryph.

Your comparing Ronin Gryph 85RF to Ronin Killerken 85RF; something that has never once been officially tested. Of course, I'm not saying that it would to bad, though.

loyd87 Wrote:can you test it against MF-H Libra GB145RSF. I want to compare with my own results with Ronin Girago 85LRF and if you can try your combo with out MSF-H. I think it could do better in outspinning.

Yeah, I will. Definitely compare the two's results, it'd be appreciated. Smile
Absolutely excellent results! Thanks for testing this Shido. Your results pretty much reflect the testing I did with this a while back. I think we can seriously consider this for the competitive list.

Holy carp that's a ton of testing.
I understand a lot more. primary this kind of combo using a lot more the attack power Ronin can give to this combo. Gryph is almost covered-up by Ronin. I Agree with the fact that Gryph isn't yet tested and used a lot. the last time I used Gryph in limited is in custom like this but not so evolved. msf Samurai gryph 85MF. it does descent but not more. the key of that kind of combo is Ronin and 85RF/LRF/R2F. after all it's to choose the best Chrome wheel to paire with ronin. needing speed, and not too much weight.

I really like to see this combo with out MSF-H. during my testing with ronin girago I noticed some spin steal when OSing MF-H Libra GB145RSF. may be it could do that too. MSF-H is great for attack but not in all situation. MSF-H could eliminated the potential to spin steal at the end of battle if it could not be able to KO it.
I played around with this exact combo a long time ago, but I didn't find it anywhere near as impressive. Maybe I'll have to try it again. From what I remember it seemed a little too light, as it kept getting force smashed by opponents and scraping itself to death. Did you have that problem too?

Also, this is going to sound like a weird question, but have you tried this same setup, but Chrome Up? Gryph's best quality besides its small diameter is its Upper Smash, and maybe that could be put to use on a short setup like 85RF rather than having it face down.
I'm working on this kind of project at this time the only thing I got now, (I didn't try yet 85RF) it's a MSF-M Shinobi Gryph 85RSF, but from what i've seen it's descent but not that impressive.
Wombat Wrote:I played around with this exact combo a long time ago, but I didn't find it anywhere near as impressive. Maybe I'll have to try it again. From what I remember it seemed a little too light, as it kept getting force smashed by opponents and scraping itself to death. Did you have that problem too?

While it is pretty light, I didn't seem to have that problem.

Wombat Wrote:Also, this is going to sound like a weird question, but have you tried this same setup, but Chrome Up? Gryph's best quality besides its small diameter is its Upper Smash, and maybe that could be put to use on a short setup like 85RF rather than having it face down.

I haven't just yet, no. I'll definitely try it out, though.
Woah, I just took a closer look at the benchmarking; was it that much better than Lightning?

I really love this combo, and from what I remember I'd be willing to call it on par with Lightning, but I don't remember it being like 50% better.
Wow,Very interesting

Now I have a combo to use for LTAC

I might do a Zero-G Zombie Combo
So I went and did some comparative tests with Crystal Up vs. Chrome up, and they seem about equal:

Crystal Up (Click to View)

Chrome Up (Click to View)

So Chrome Up might be worth looking into as well. Of course it'll be less effective against short things but if you're using 85 like 75% of the stuff you'll be facing is taller than you.

Also, not to criticize your thread, but you might want to change some copy/paste errors. Like for example you called Earth Bull Libra a few times. We all know what you mean, but just for clarity's sake.
TheBlackDragon Wrote:Woah, I just took a closer look at the benchmarking; was it that much better than Lightning?

I really love this combo, and from what I remember I'd be willing to call it on par with Lightning, but I don't remember it being like 50% better.

There were a lot of matches where as it just wasn't able to get the KOs off of Defense; some caused by recoil, too, so that might have to do with the outcome. I'll try to upload a comparison video comes the weekend.

Wombat Wrote:So I went and did some comparative tests with Crystal Up vs. Chrome up, and they seem about equal:

Thanks for them, I thank you!

Wombat Wrote:So Chrome Up might be worth looking into as well. Of course it'll be less effective against short things but if you're using 85 like 75% of the stuff you'll be facing is taller than you.

I'll try to do some comparison testings with the two sometime soon.

Would you like me to try to test with different heights, as well?

Wombat Wrote:Also, not to criticize your thread, but you might want to change some copy/paste errors. Like for example you called Earth Bull Libra a few times. We all know what you mean, but just for clarity's sake.

Yeah, I will; it was around two in the morning when I was working on the thread, so I may have not checked over for any mistakes that well, haha.
Got to your request, DRAGON; hopefully the results what you were looking for in the combo.

MSF-H Ronin Gryph (Crystal Mode Up) 85RF versus Libra B:D
Both Bottoms in their Prime • Libra Launched First all Matches
Ronin Gryph: 10/10 (ALL KO) - 100% Win Rate
Libra: What's there really to say, haha; it got destroyed. 0/10.

Yeah, Libra got wrecked indeed; the outcome wasn't all that surprising, though.
(Jan. 13, 2015  12:50 AM)Shido Wrote: Got to your request, DRAGON; hopefully the results what you were looking for in the combo.

MSF-H Ronin Gryph (Crystal Mode Up) 85RF versus Libra BGrin
Both Bottoms in their Prime • Libra Launched First all Matches
Ronin Gryph: 10/10 (ALL KO) - 100% Win Rate
Libra: What's there really to say, haha; it got destroyed. 0/10.

Yeah, Libra got wrecked indeed; the outcome wasn't all that surprising, though.

Thanks, dear friend!