[LTD] Gravity Discussion

:: MFB: Limited - Gravity Discussion ::

I figured if post this thread seeing as I have a lot of tests already with Gravity in some pretty awesome combos. It's known to have some awesome attack potential. The bigget factor with Gravity that gives it so much use is the dual spinning, which beyblades like Meteo and Lightning L-Drago lack. Due to its shape, I've also found that it has some use as a spin equalizer. It's just a good all around metal for this format. Thankfully, it isn't unbeatable like Hell and Basalt nearly are.

Staller Tests

The first thing I tested gravity with was a staller/attack customization. Based off of Genbull Dragooon T125GCF in the standard format, I put it to use in the customization Gravity Perseus D125GCF.

Before actually posting this discussion thread, I posted the thread for that custom seeing how amazing it did. Here is the link to the thread: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-LTD-Grav...-Left-Spin

Attack Tests

For attack, I tried Gravity Perseus D125RF.

Gravity Perseus D125R2F (Left spin) vs. Earth Cancer GB145CS
GP: 11 wins (All KO)
EC: 9 wins (All OS)
Gravity Perseus win percentage: 55%

I don't know why I did this bad. I will definitely do more but these were the last tests I could do for now.

Counters

I have found the best counter against Gravity when used for attack is left spin defense and left spin attack. One of these combos being Gravity Perseus 230CS in left spin, believe it or not. I plan on getting more test with that combo against various attack customs, not just using Gravity because it actually did pretty good!

Sorry if I didn't post much needed information in this thread. This is my first actual specific part discussion thread Smile.
W.w.w.w.what! I had a draft already made, haha. Anyway, I like the way you done this. I'm hoping to be a big part of Gravity LTD. If you want, I could PM you more stuff to put in the OP?
I think the different molds as well as the stamina version should be included seeing this isn't a combo thread.
55% percent against a Defender with Gravity and no Metal Face is actually pretty darn good.

I only hit 45%. Tongue_out
Gravity Perseus Testing

- Mold One
- Standard Gravity Perseus
- B:D used in testing is a good mold.
- Mint EWD
- Not mint, but newest WDs.

MF-M Gravity Perseus B:D (Left Spin) vs. MF-L Earth Gasher W145WD

Gravity: 9 Wins (3 KO, 6 SO)
Earth: 1 Wins (0 KO, 1 SO)
2 Draws
Gravity Win Rate: 90%
Round-by-round Results:
I decided to test this combo because I recall th!nk talking about it in one of his posts (can't remember which, my bad). I was getting annoyed with how easily Gravity was getting throw around, honestly. There were several times that Gravity was almost KO'ed by Earth, that's actually how Earth got its only SO, Gravity was wall-saved so hard it didn't even have enough spin to stay upright. When I get my Metal Fury Phantom, I'll be interested to see how this does.

MF-M Gravity Perseus B:D (Left Spin) vs. MF-L Earth Gasher 230WD

Gravity: 10 Wins (2 KO, 8 SO)
Earth: 0 Wins (0 KO, 0 SO)
0 Draws
Gravity Win Rate: 100%
Round-by-round Results:
Gravity was at a good enough height to destabilize Earth very easily, and it won by sleep-out convincingly, with it easily having 5 or 6 full rotations left.

MF-M Gravity Perseus B:D (Left Spin) vs. MF-L Earth Gasher 85WD

Gravity: 6 Wins (5 KO, 1 SO)
Earth: 14 Wins (3 KO, 11 SO)
1 Draw
Gravity Win Rate: 30%
Round-by-round Results:
When the battle slow down it seemed that B:D worked against Gravity by it not being able to make the contact needed to win the battle. As you might have noticed in the results, Gravity mainly had to get the KO or else Earth won by sleep-out.

MF-M Gravity Perseus B:D (Right Spin) vs. MF-L Meteo L-Drago 100EWD

Gravity: 3 Wins (3 KO, 0 SO)
Meteo: 7 Wins (1 KO, 6 SO)
5 Draws
Gravity Win Rate: 30%
Round-by-round Results:
I wanted to do this battle to see if B:D helped it in right spin to beat Meteo. Like the battle before, Gravity relied on KO to beat a lower opponent, so a LTSC might be an effective counter. Keep in mind, Gravity destroys Meteo in left spin vs. left spin, however I didn't want to wear down my EWD because of the following tests.

MF-M Gravity Perseus SA165EWD (Left Spin) vs. MF-L Earth Gasher W145WD

Gravity: 9 Wins (3 KO, 6 SO)
Earth: 1 Wins (1 KO, 0 SO)
1 Draw
Gravity Win Rate: 90%
Round-by-round Results:
I know SA165 is banned. I did these tests solely for the fact of, if we do unban SA165 like th!nk was suggesting because it helps defense + attack combinations, this is what Gravity can do with it. KK I'm done talking about that.

MF-M Gravity Perseus SA165EWD (Left Spin) vs. MF-L Earth Gasher 230WD

Gravity: 10 Wins (1 KO, 9 SO)
0 Draws
Round-by-round Results:
Destabilize, then SO by a lot.

MF-M Gravity Perseus SA165EWD (Left Spin) vs. MF-L Earth Gasher 85WD

Gravity: 10 Wins (0 KO, 10 SO)
3 Draws
Round-by-round Results:
I was really surprised with this. After the test with B:D, I thought that a LTSC could be an effective way to beat this, but SA165 definitely proved me wrong with this one.

MF-M Gravity Perseus SA165EWD (Left Spin) vs. MF-L Earth Gasher B:D

Gravity: 0 Wins (0 KO, 0 SO)
Earth: 10 Wins (0 KO, 10 SO)
2 Draws
Gravity Win Rate: 0%
Round-by-round Results:
Aaaaand B:D shows why it's so good against left spin again.
Left spin is no better than right spin against gravity since it can use both, though with the defense clear wheel, if you want same spin you'll be worse off against left because the CW gets in the way of contact points in that spin direction - Perseus (Attack Version) really is the way to go for all out attacking with this wheel.

I've used gravity a lot, so here are my notes:

The attack CW in counter mode works best for attack (see my long testing posts in the limited format random thoughts thread), and shows a marked improvement over the regular/defense CW, especially in left spin.

R145 seems to be the best track for pure attack for the extra weight and suitable weight distribution, TR145 apparently works best but I don't have one just yet.

MF-M Gravity Perseus B: D seems extremely hard to KO with MF-H Libra GB145RF if weak launched so that's pretty serious. Like MLD B: D it can't do that much to Earth AD145 EWD/85EWD etc though. Can't be bothered doing tests for stamina though, so mind numbingly dull.

I've used it as my standard attack type for testing, too, so my MF-H Earth Bull 85RSF thread has tests on it as well.

@Zancrow: Keep in mind SA165 isn't legal under the current ban list. Maybe in future, but not yet.
(Dec. 12, 2013  12:49 PM)th!nk Wrote: @Zancrow: Keep in mind SA165 isn't legal under the current ban list. Maybe in future, but not yet.

y u no read bold, boi?

(Dec. 12, 2013  12:30 PM)Zancrow Wrote: I know SA165 is banned. I did these tests solely for the fact of, if we do unban SA165 like th!nk was suggesting because it helps defense + attack combinations, this is what Gravity can do with it. KK I'm done talking about that.
In my defense there's a lot of bold text there and I was sifting through the thread quickly while writing up a quick response.

Thanks for those tests, by the way.